Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 199 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subjectup
  1441   Mon Oct 10 14:01:14 2005 Question Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportLinux | Mac OSX2.6.0beta5Re: Cannot submit admin password while logbook is named in Chinese

Exaos Lee wrote:
As the title.

There is no possibility to change an admin password. You probably mean that you logged in as admin and cannot change your own password, is that right? Do you use user level access via "password file = ..."? What is your elogd.cfg? I tried to switch language to German and I can change my own password via the config page.
  1446   Mon Oct 10 19:33:05 2005 Reply Exaos LeeExaos.Lee@gmail.comBug reportLinux | Mac OSX2.6.0beta5Re: Cannot submit admin password while logbook is named in Chinese

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Exaos Lee wrote:
As the title.

There is no possibility to change an admin password. You probably mean that you logged in as admin and cannot change your own password, is that right? Do you use user level access via "password file = ..."? What is your elogd.cfg? I tried to switch language to German and I can change my own password via the config page.

Sorry for my poor English. The case is like this: When I set an admin password for my logbook which is named in Chinese, I cannot open the config page while the password is correct. It seems that the logbook named in Chinese cannot recieve the password submitted. If the logbook is named other than Chinese, everything is OK. I will repeat the problem and describe it more exactly.
  1447   Tue Oct 11 09:24:12 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportLinux | Mac OSX2.6.0beta5Re: Cannot submit admin password while logbook is named in Chinese

Exaos Lee wrote:
Sorry for my poor English. The case is like this: When I set an admin password for my logbook which is named in Chinese, I cannot open the config page while the password is correct. It seems that the logbook named in Chinese cannot recieve the password submitted. If the logbook is named other than Chinese, everything is OK. I will repeat the problem and describe it more exactly.

A way around that problem would be to use user level access (via the Password file = ... and Admin user = ... settings). Can you try if that works under a Chinese logbook?
  69004   Sat Aug 17 22:23:34 2019 Reply Andreas Luedekeandreas.luedeke@psi.chQuestionWindowsELOG V3.1.4-a04Re: Cannot submit due to authentification errors

If you post the [global] part of your configuration, it would help a little bit to understand the problem.

Cheers, Andreas

Informatica Unidad SSBB AEMET VALENCIA wrote:

Hi everyone.

We are new in ELOG. We have installed it and created new logbooks following the "demo" one. We have configured our SMTP host, with email and pass, but we obtain this error when submit

Error sending Email via <i>"mdm.correo.gob.es"</i>: 5.7.8 Error: authentication failed: another step is needed in authentication

Do you know why and give us some tips for solution?

Our bests,

Informática AEMET Valencia

69005   Mon Aug 19 14:09:22 2019 Reply Informatica Unidad SSBB AEMET VALENCIAinfoval@aemet.esQuestionWindowsELOG V3.1.4-a04Re: Cannot submit due to authentification errors

I try with gmail account and neither it works.

I'm using Windows 10 and it runs into a proxy defined as URL

[global]
port = 80
SMTP host = mdm.correo.gob.es
SMTP username = XXXX@aemet.es
SMTP password = XXXXXX
SMTP port = 25
URL = http://proxy.aemet.es:3128/

Thanks

Andreas Luedeke wrote:

If you post the [global] part of your configuration, it would help a little bit to understand the problem.

Cheers, Andreas

Hi everyone.

We are new in ELOG. We have installed it and created new logbooks following the "demo" one. We have configured our SMTP host, with email and pass, but we obtain this error when submit

Error sending Email via <i>"mdm.correo.gob.es"</i>: 5.7.8 Error: authentication failed: another step is needed in authentication

Our bests,

69008   Tue Aug 20 11:06:47 2019 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionWindowsELOG V3.1.4-a04Re: Cannot submit due to authentification errors

Elog supports only a limited set of authentications for SMTP. Both GMail and probably also your server requires more advanced authentication schemes, which are not suppoerted by elog. Sorry.

Stefan

[global]
port = 80
SMTP password = XXXXXX
SMTP port = 25

Thanks

Andreas Luedeke wrote:

Cheers, Andreas

Hi everyone.

Our bests,

69013   Tue Aug 20 22:41:10 2019 Reply Informatica Unidad SSBB AEMET VALENCIAinfoval@aemet.esQuestionWindowsELOG V3.1.4-a04Re: Cannot submit due to authentification errors

Me podrías decir algún servidor SMTP de correo desde el que si funcione?

Muchas gracias

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Elog supports only a limited set of authentications for SMTP. Both GMail and probably also your server requires more advanced authentication schemes, which are not suppoerted by elog. Sorry.

Stefan

[global]
port = 80
SMTP password = XXXXXX
SMTP port = 25

Thanks

Andreas Luedeke wrote:

Cheers, Andreas

Hi everyone.

Our bests,

69016   Wed Aug 21 09:21:54 2019 Reply Informatica Unidad SSBB AEMET VALENCIAinfoval@aemet.esQuestionWindowsELOG V3.1.4-a04Re: Cannot submit due to authentification errors

Sorry,

Could you please tell us a MAIL SMTP SERVER we can use to try?

Many thanks

Me podrías decir algún servidor SMTP de correo desde el que si funcione?

Muchas gracias

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Stefan

[global]
port = 80
SMTP password = XXXXXX
SMTP port = 25

Thanks

Andreas Luedeke wrote:

Cheers, Andreas

Hi everyone.

Our bests,

ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886