Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 200 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Versionup Subject
  1451   Thu Oct 13 10:56:29 2005 Reply Bertram Metzbmetz@sbs.comQuestionLinux2.6.0-betaRe: Long lines in printout
Hi Stefan,
I tried your suggestions with 'page shrinking' and 'message width', but they didn't help. What I do not understand is why this problem occurs only if the message text is formatted as plain text. The lines are printed correctly, if the text is formatted as EL code or as HTML.

It is of course possible to format new entries in EL code or HTML, but we have a lot of existing entries, which are formatted as plain text.

Kind regards,
Bertram
  1452   Thu Oct 13 11:19:09 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux2.6.0-betaRe: Long lines in printout
Ok, I found the problem. In the default.css file, you will find a section
.messagepre {
  font-family:'lucida console',courier,monospace;
  font-size:10pt;
}

Just go and delete the line with the font-size, this should fix your problem. If the font-size is fixed, the browser cannot resize the text to fit into your printing page. I still have problems with IE, but with Firefox it works fine if you select Shrink to fit page width on the page setup.
  1454   Thu Oct 13 13:27:02 2005 Reply Bertram Metzbmetz@sbs.comQuestionLinux2.6.0-betaRe: Long lines in printout
The lines are still cut, if printed on paper.
I played again with the 'message width' parameter, which actually the key parameter in my problem. I saw in the source, that the default value is now 112, but it was 76 in the elog version we'd used previously (V2.5.2). If I set 'message width' to 76 again, it works fine for new entries!
I wrote in the previous reply, that changing 'message width' didn't help. That seems to be the case for entries, which are re-submitted. For new entries it works.

Bertram
  1455   Thu Oct 13 13:51:55 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux2.6.0-betaRe: Long lines in printout

Bertram Metz wrote:
The lines are still cut, if printed on paper.

Are you sure? After you change the CSS file, you have to reload the page. I just tried with the very long entry from this thread and got in the Firefox preview window the picture which I attached. The font size of the text body is shrunk such that all lines (except the one very long line) fit on the paper.
Attachment 1: printout.jpg
printout.jpg
  1458   Thu Oct 13 17:45:58 2005 Reply Bertram Metzbmetz@sbs.comQuestionLinux2.6.0-betaRe: Long lines in printout
You're right. I don't know what I've tested this afternoon Wink
Without the fixed font the text might get very small, if the line is too long.
I think we'll set 'message width' = 76.

Thanks a lot Stefan!
  1523   Mon Nov 21 11:49:52 2005 Warning Alex Halex@synergie-inf.comBug reportWindows2.6.0-betaUndesirable TAG { }
Hi, I'am using ELOG v2.6.0-beta1 on Windows 2000.
I'am using Conditional attributes and obtain in certain case undesirable {x} TAG.

Here is a part of my elog.cfg :
Options Client = ALL, Test one{2}, Test two{3}
#	 Test one
{2} Options Equipment = FWL0020, RT0015

#	 Test two
{3} Options Equipment = 

So when I'am using quick filter I have in the scroll box the { } TAG of my Client Option (See screenshots).
Is there any thinks to do for mask them ?
Thanks for answer.
Attachment 1: elog_tag_pb.gif
elog_tag_pb.gif
Attachment 2: elog_tag_pb2.gif
elog_tag_pb2.gif
  1524   Mon Nov 21 12:00:05 2005 Question Alex Halex@synergie-inf.comRequestWindows2.6.0-betaAdd Button on calendar
Hi Stefan,

Could you add a "Today button" on the calendar to set immediatly the date of today on a date type field ?

Thanks
  1525   Mon Nov 21 13:01:21 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chRequestWindows2.6.0-betaRe: Add Button on calendar

Alex H wrote:
Could you add a "Today button" on the calendar to set immediatly the date of today on a date type field ?

"Today" is selected by default if you pop-up a new calendar, so just click on the selected day.
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886