Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 201 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subjectup
  66939   Tue Nov 16 10:29:14 2010 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionWindows2.8.0-2331Re: Cell Style Question

Terry Bayne wrote:

Is it possible to include more than one style attribute in a "Cell Style" directive?

For example, if I want to change the background color and text color for a given cell:

Cell Style Status Fixed  = background-color:green;color:white

If so, what is the proper way to encode it?

Thanks,

Terry

Your syntax is correct. If you try a big font for example

Cell Style Status Fixed  = background-color:green;font-size:40px

it will work. The problem here is that the text decoration is defined differently since it's a link. The CSS defines these style via

/* standard link colors and decorations */
a:link { color:#0000FF; text-decoration:none }
a:visited { color:#800080; text-decoration:none }
a:hover { color:#0000FF; text-decoration:underline }
a:active { color:#0000FF; text-decoration:underline }
a:focus { color:#0000FF; text-decoration:underline }
but I don't know how to change these style inline without defining a new class.

66644   Tue Dec 8 19:22:06 2009 Reply Gerhard Schneidergs@ilsb.tuwien.ac.atQuestionWindowslatestRe: Certificate Error
How did you create the certificate?
Are you running eLog on a server with more than one host name (CNAME entries) and are you pointing to your eLog
via one of that aliases?

Certificates that work with an Apache 1 Web server do work with eLog, too.

GS
  66645   Tue Dec 8 19:34:11 2009 Reply John Lemkojlemko@hotmail.comQuestionWindowslatestRe: Certificate Error
> 
> How did you create the certificate?
> Are you running eLog on a server with more than one host name (CNAME entries) and are you pointing to your eLog
> via one of that aliases?
> 
> Certificates that work with an Apache 1 Web server do work with eLog, too.
> 
> GS

The certificate that is on there right now is the one that gets created when you install elogs.  I have tried 
creating one with a windows server 2008 box with the CA role installed.  The certificate is created without issue 
and I can install it on the server but when I try to restart the elog service it wont start until I put the 
original server.crt and server.key file back into the ssl directory.  

I have DNS on the machine but only have one CNAME pointing to the elog server.

I don't know a lot about certificates so sorry if this doesn't help out much. 
  66646   Tue Dec 8 19:47:56 2009 Reply Gerhard Schneidergs@ilsb.tuwien.ac.atQuestionWindowslatestRe: Certificate Error
> 
> The certificate that is on there right now is the one that gets created when you install elogs.  I have tried 
> creating one with a windows server 2008 box with the CA role installed.  The certificate is created without issue 
> and I can install it on the server but when I try to restart the elog service it wont start until I put the 
> original server.crt and server.key file back into the ssl directory.  
> 

I don't know anything about Windows server CA, but eLog is very strict in the syntax of the CERTs.
I had to learn it the hard way when installing a chain CERT.

For server.crt and server.key it MUST NOT be a chain cert. Therefor you have to use chain.crt

Are the generated CERTs ASCII (with only one -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- and -----END CERTIFICATE----- in
server.crt 
and -----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY----- and -----END RSA PRIVATE KEY----- in server.key)?

So the eLog generated keys should look like..

GS
  66647   Tue Dec 8 20:16:59 2009 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionWindowslatestRe: Certificate Error
> The certificate that is on there right now is the one that gets created when you install elogs.  I have tried 
> creating one with a windows server 2008 box with the CA role installed.  The certificate is created without issue 
> and I can install it on the server but when I try to restart the elog service it wont start until I put the 
> original server.crt and server.key file back into the ssl directory.  

How did you install the certificate? Maybe it ended up in the IIS directory and not in the elog directory?
  66648   Tue Dec 8 21:57:37 2009 Reply John Lemkojlemko@hotmail.comQuestionWindowslatestRe: Certificate Error
> > The certificate that is on there right now is the one that gets created when you install elogs.  I have tried 
> > creating one with a windows server 2008 box with the CA role installed.  The certificate is created without issue 
> > and I can install it on the server but when I try to restart the elog service it wont start until I put the 
> > original server.crt and server.key file back into the ssl directory.  
> 
> How did you install the certificate? Maybe it ended up in the IIS directory and not in the elog directory?

That is a good point.  I just installed the cert by double clicking on it.  Then selecting either trusted root CA or 
personal to install the certificate.  Is there a different way to install the certificate for elog?

Thanks alot for your help.
  66649   Tue Dec 8 22:06:47 2009 Reply John Lemkojlemko@hotmail.comQuestionWindowslatestRe: Certificate Error
> > 
> > The certificate that is on there right now is the one that gets created when you install elogs.  I have tried 
> > creating one with a windows server 2008 box with the CA role installed.  The certificate is created without issue 
> > and I can install it on the server but when I try to restart the elog service it wont start until I put the 
> > original server.crt and server.key file back into the ssl directory.  
> > 
> 
> I don't know anything about Windows server CA, but eLog is very strict in the syntax of the CERTs.
> I had to learn it the hard way when installing a chain CERT.
> 
> For server.crt and server.key it MUST NOT be a chain cert. Therefor you have to use chain.crt
> 
> Are the generated CERTs ASCII (with only one -----BEGIN CERTIFICATE----- and -----END CERTIFICATE----- in
> server.crt 
> and -----BEGIN RSA PRIVATE KEY----- and -----END RSA PRIVATE KEY----- in server.key)?
> 
> So the eLog generated keys should look like..
> 
> GS

Thanks for your reply.  I appreciate it alot.

When I created my certificate it came out as a .cer [there was no .key file] and looking at the code that was posted 
below it looks like unless there is a server.crt and server.key file in the ssl folder the program will exit:  So I 
guess I need to figure out how to generate a certificate that elog will understand using a .key file and a .crt file.  
So I might have to research certificates more.

To be honest I'm not an expert on SSL. I just use following code inside ELOG to initialize the SSL connection:

SSL_CTX *init_ssl(void)
{
   char str[256];
   SSL_METHOD *meth;
   SSL_CTX *ctx;

SSL_library_init();
   SSL_load_error_strings();

meth = SSLv23_method();
   ctx = SSL_CTX_new(meth);

strlcpy(str, resource_dir, sizeof(str));
   strlcat(str, "ssl/server.crt", sizeof(str));
   if (!file_exist(str)) {
      eprintf("Cerificate file \"%s\" not found, aborting\n", str);
      return NULL;
   }
   if (SSL_CTX_use_certificate_file(ctx, str, SSL_FILETYPE_PEM) < 0)
      return NULL;

strlcat(str, "ssl/server.key", sizeof(str));
   if (!file_exist(str)) {
      eprintf("Key file \"%s\" not found, aborting\n", str);
      return NULL;
   }
   if (SSL_CTX_use_PrivateKey_file(ctx, str, SSL_FILETYPE_PEM) < 0)
      return NULL;
   if (SSL_CTX_check_private_key(ctx) < 0)
      return NULL;

strlcat(str, "ssl/chain.crt", sizeof(str));
   if (file_exist(str))
      SSL_CTX_use_certificate_chain_file(ctx, str);

return ctx;
}
  66550   Thu Sep 17 18:32:59 2009 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportWindows2.7.7-2246Re: Change / List Change doen't work anymore?

Holger Mundhahs wrote:
Hello @all,

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but after upgradeing from 2.7.0 to 2.7.7 the Change <attribute> and List Change <attribute> doesn't work anymore. In my .cfg file I've:

Quote:
Change RIB-http = <a href="https://$RIB-Hostname/" target="_new">RIB-Board</a>
List Change RIB-http = <a href="https://$RIB-Hostname/" target="_new">RIB-Board</a>

In the old ELOG version I've "RIB-Board" as text in the page and the link works well. But now there is the following code generated:

Quote:
<tr><td nowrap class="attribname">RIB-http:</td><td class="attribvalue">
&lt;a href="<a href="https://RIB-COMPUTER/">https://RIB-COMPUTER/</a>" target="_new"&gt;RIB-Board&lt;/a&gt;&nbsp;</td>
</tr>

Is the syntax changed from 2.7.0 to 2.7.7? What's the correct syntax for 2.7.7?

For security reasons (XSS or cross site scripting) , HTML code in attributes is not allowed by default. To turn it on (and if you know what you are doing), add following line to your configuration
Allow HTML = 1
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886