Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 202 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
New entries since:Thu Jan 1 01:00:00 1970
ID Date Icon Authordown Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  1456   Thu Oct 13 14:08:26 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux2.6.0beta2Re: Conditional hiding of attributes in list view

Yoshio Imai wrote:
I noticed the quickfilter option in the config guide in the meantime Wink!

Sorry my late reply, I'm extremely busy these days. I still don't get the point where you want attributes to be hidden. Let's assume you have a logbook with attributes A, B, C, D, E. One set of entries use A, B and C, whil the other set of entries use A, D and E. Right now, you get a listing like
Title A  B  C  D  E
one   a  b  c
one   a  b  c
two   a        d  e
two   a        d  e
one   a  b  c

Now if you want to hide D and E for type one and B and C for type two, you would get
Title A  B  C  D  E
one   a  b  c
one   a  b  c
two   a  d  e
two   a  d  e
one   a  b  c

so the "d" and "e" values are under the wrong title "B" and "C". Of course you can put a separate tile line each time you switch from "one" to "two", but that costs a lot of space. So how would you layout a listing where different attribute sets are mixed?

Yoshio Imai wrote:
I have one question however, concerning the "Resource Dir"-statement of the
config file. When setting it, the default theme doesn't work any more, I get
white background and no color schemes when going to the elog page with the
browser. Does this mean that the default resource location (/usr/share/elog/themes)
is overriden by this statement, and that all resources have to be put there
(if so, is it on purpose or is it a bug)?

Well, the "theme" is a "resource". The manual says: Resource dir = <directory>: Specifies the root directory for ELOG resources like help files, themes, icons and user HTML files, so it's explicitly written there. If you change the resource dir and do not move your themes accordingly, you won't have them! If you shoot yourself in the foot, no gun will help you to prevent this Wink

Yoshio Imai wrote:
BTW, do you think it is at all feasible to implement the changes we mentioned earlier?

Which features do you mean? In your previous posting you mentioned a filter, but you found that already. So what else is left except the hiding of attributes?
  1460   Thu Oct 13 21:26:31 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.ch Linux2.6Re: New Accounts

Carl Shirey wrote:
I hope you can help me Stefan.
The problem that I am having is when someone request a account on elog I received e-mail message to activate there account. I click on the link from my e-mail to activate the account it takes me to the logon page. I log on and then I get a massage that the web does not exist.
What I found out was the elog Damon stops, and I have to restart it and everything work fine.
Here is a copy of me Elog config.

Also can you tell me how you set up the Subtext and the Show new entry buttons on the main page of the elog.

Thank for your help

I tried with the current version and could not reproduce your problem. Can you try to increase the login expiration like Login expiration = 240 for ten days. If you then click to activate an account and you have been logged in less than ten days ago, you will not be asked to logon. Does the problem then still occur?
  1462   Fri Oct 14 11:07:40 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionWindows2.6.0beta1Re: Next ELOG Release ?
> Hello Stefan,
> Did you have a release Date for Elog V2.6.0 ?
> Thanks in Advance.

There is still some unfinished code in the HTML email notification. I guess it will take me still some weeks to
finish that, since I'm pretty busy these days...
  1467   Mon Oct 17 10:18:29 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux2.6.0beta2Re: Error message: "Attachment #6 of entry #0 not found"
> Hi all, I get messages like this
> Attachment #16 of entry #0 not found
> Please use your browser's back button to go back
> always when clicking on an entry in summary or threaded view. 
> I can only read entries when browsing them in full view. How can i fix this?
> regards, Christian

I need some more information. Can you send me your elogd.cfg, and show 
me the URLs your browser displays during your navigation?
  1468   Mon Oct 17 10:20:31 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux2.6.0Re: How to connect to an ELOG server running behind apache+ssl using the elog command line program?

Johan Nyberg wrote:
I need to post a large number of "old" messages to one of my logbooks and I am trying to modify the script doelog (see http://midas.psi.ch/elogs/Contributions/10) to suit my needs. I am using apache + ssl for secure logins to my ELOG server. The doelog script uses the elog utility program, which is useful for posting ELOG messages from scripts or from the command line. My problem is that I cannot talk to my ELOG server with elog.

This is because elog does not support "https" through secure socket layers (SSL). Also elogd does not, that's why you use Apache as your proxy. So the only way for you to use elog is to execute it on the server, where it can directly connect to elogd without going through the ssl layer of Apache.
  1471   Tue Oct 18 08:04:29 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux2.6.0beta2Re: Error message: "Attachment #6 of entry #0 not found"
> This is the URL after logging in: 
> http://localhost:8081/debian/17?cmd=List&mode=summary 
>  
> When i click on one of the entrys, i get thar error message. 
> URL: http://localhost:8081/debian/debian/17 
>  
> It says: "Attachment #17 of entry #0 not found 
>   Please use your browser's back button to go back" 

Ah, now I recognize the error. Please update to the newest beta5, it's fixed there.

- Stefan
  1475   Thu Oct 20 16:01:49 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.ch Linux2.6.0beta4Re: Howto force users to supply an email address when registering?

Johan Nyberg wrote:
Is there a way to force the users to supply an email address when they register?

I will happily implement such an email check if you supply me further information. Presume you enter an email address in the form user#domain.com (# instead @). Does your SMPT server then complain, too? What about user@com (without "domain.")? If you check all possibilities and let me know, I will put it in.
  1479   Mon Oct 24 14:30:48 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionOther2.6.0 b4Re: Login screen reappears after correct login

Daniel Broers wrote:
We are running elog perfectly on a solaris machine for some time now.
Except on some client pc's the login screen keeps reappearing after a succesfull login.
We upgraded to version 2.6.0 beta 4 but the problem persists.
Any suggestions?

Do you have cookies disabled on these client pc's maybe?
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886