Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 203 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
New entries since:Thu Jan 1 01:00:00 1970
ID Date Icon Authordown Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  1481   Mon Oct 24 15:18:46 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionOther2.6.0 b4Re: Login screen reappears after correct login

Daniel Broers wrote:
No, cookies are enabled.

Can you
  • Delete all cookies on the client machine and try again
  • If the problem persists: Tell you how you access your elogd. Do you use Apache as proxy? Which URL statement do you have in your elogd.cfg? What are the URLs shown in the address bar of your browser?
  • Can you start elogd with the "-v" flag, and send me the output shown during an unsuccessful login
  1483   Mon Oct 24 16:41:20 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionOther2.6.0 b4Re: Login screen reappears after correct login

Daniel Broers wrote:
Output in attachment

Your output shows:

Set-Cookie: unm=daniel; path=/Maldi; expires=Monday, 24-Oct-05 14:57:55 GMT;

Now I don't know when you made this entry, but it looks to me like either

- your time is set incorrectly on the server side
- your "login expiration" setting in elogd is set incorrectly

Can you check these two things?
  1485   Mon Oct 24 19:33:41 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionOther2.6.0 b4Re: Login screen reappears after correct login

Daniel Broers wrote:
But why would one client have problems while others don't?

You had the login expiration at 1 hour, and the time was off by one hour I guess. But each client's time is only accurate to a few minutes, so some of them had a difference to the server of 59 mins, and other had 1:01 mins. Since you had a login expiration of 1 hour, only the second one failed, while the first one should have worked for about one minute.
  1487   Wed Oct 26 16:17:18 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportLinux2.6.0beta5Re: Preset text overriden after preview

Yoshio Imai wrote:
This form appears correctly, but after filling in the form, clicking on "Preview" leads to an error: the preview text is correct, but the actual text entry field is overriden again with the empty form.

Thanks for reporting this bug. It's fixed in revision 1534.

- Stefan
  1490   Fri Oct 28 12:16:38 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux2.6.0beta5Re: Display last page by default

Yoshio Imai wrote:
Is it possible to configure the logbook so that "List" takes me to the last page instead?

Reverse sort = 1
  1492   Fri Oct 28 13:05:26 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux2.6.0beta5Re: Display last page by default

Yoshio Imai wrote:
We would like to see the entries in normal order, but the last of the pages as "start page". Is it possible to configure this?

Start page = 0?cmd=last

Well, I guess this is not what you want either, correct? You would like to see the listing page with ~20 entries. The first one you can access easily via "<logbook>/page1", but the number of the last page varies over time. I would have to add a new functionality like "<lobook>/page_last", which automatically gets converted into the correct page number. I will put this on my wishlist.
  1494   Fri Oct 28 13:14:19 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux2.6.0beta5Re: Display last page by default

Yoshio Imai wrote:
We would like to see the entries in normal order, but the last of the pages as "start page". Is it possible to configure this?

What about

Start page = last10

This shows always the last 10 entries. If you want to see more, you can click on the new menu entry "Last 20 entries" etc.
  1496   Fri Oct 28 20:36:55 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux2.6.0beta5Re: Display last page by default
Ok, I implemented the last page display per default in revision 1538. If "reverse sort = 0" the last page is shown and if "reverse sort = 1" the first page is shown by default. This way one always sees the page with the latest entries. I hope this accomodates everybody. If not, please complain and I could make it a switch (yet another option Crying ).
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886