Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 203 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Versiondown Subject
  69012   Tue Aug 20 17:03:57 2019 Reply Andreas Luedekeandreas.luedeke@psi.chQuestionLinux3.1.3Re: Drag and drop does not work in 3.1.3?

> Btw. do you plan to properly accept pasting of images?

I would claim it is already properly supported. If you hit a size limit you can configure your ELOG to adjust the limit (Max content length).

Or did I misunderstand your question?

Lech wrote:

Thank you. Locally doesn't work for some reason... I'll try to investigate.

Btw. do you plan to properly accept pasting of images? Pasting a screenshot saves a lot of time when making logs.

Stefan Ritt wrote:

It's the config from the distribution. A copy is below.

Stefan

[global]
port = 8080

[demo]
Theme = default
Comment = General Linux Tips & Tricks
Attributes = Author, Type, Category, Subject, Pinned
Options Pinned = boolean
Options Type = Routine, Software Installation, Problem Fixed, Configuration, Other
Options Category = General, Hardware, Software, Network, Other
Extendable Options = Category
Required Attributes = Author, Type
Page Title = ELOG - $subject
Reverse sort = 1
Quick filter = Date, Type
Last default = 31

Lech wrote:

Can I find the config of the demo elog somewhere, so I could try it locally?

Stefan Ritt wrote:

The Drag & Drop was implemented already in 3.0.0 (see https://elog.psi.ch/elog/download/ChangeLog). So no idea why it's not working for you.

Stefan

Lech wrote:

Hello,

I can paste images into text (which resulted in the text_size too long error message), however, I can't drop them on my elog. However, I can do it on the demo version. Was the drag and drop into text already supported in version 3.1.3 and I am just missing some configuration option, or do I need to find a repository with a more recent version of elog?

Thanks!

69014   Wed Aug 21 02:21:57 2019 Reply Lechsubs@lwp.emailQuestionLinux3.1.3Re: Drag and drop does not work in 3.1.3?

From what I've read in a past post, it is hitting the max content length because pasting, unlike dropping, is not properly supported and it is possible that images get converted to text in some way and occupy a lot of "content length". So what I mean is that the pasted image is handled the same way as the dropped image.

Btw. adjusting the Max content length, according to the message, requires recompilation of the program, so it is not only a matter of configuration.

Andreas Luedeke wrote:

I would claim it is already properly supported. If you hit a size limit you can configure your ELOG to adjust the limit (Max content length).

Lech wrote:

Btw. do you plan to properly accept pasting of images? Pasting a screenshot saves a lot of time when making logs.

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Stefan

[global]
port = 8080

[demo]
Theme = default
Options Pinned = boolean
Options Type = Routine, Software Installation, Problem Fixed, Configuration, Other
Reverse sort = 1
Last default = 31

Lech wrote:

Stefan Ritt wrote:

The Drag & Drop was implemented already in 3.0.0 (see https://elog.psi.ch/elog/download/ChangeLog). So no idea why it's not working for you.

Stefan

Lech wrote:

Hello,

I can paste images into text (which resulted in the text_size too long error message), however, I can't drop them on my elog. However, I can do it on the demo version. Was the drag and drop into text already supported in version 3.1.3 and I am just missing some configuration option, or do I need to find a repository with a more recent version of elog?

Thanks!

69015   Wed Aug 21 07:00:17 2019 Reply Lechsubs@lwp.emailQuestionLinux3.1.3Re: Drag and drop does not work in 3.1.3?

I've discovered, that if I switch my local elog to SSL, dropping of images starts to work (as expected). However... pasting stops. If I select "paste" popup, I got the message about my browser security settings not allowing to paste, and that I can paste in the popup window. In Firefox I can actually paste in the popup window (image appears there), but after clicking OK nothing appears in the editing window. In Chrome and Opera nothing appears even in the popup window. I played with FF security settings, enabling pasting for elog sites (both local and the demo on this site) as advised in many places on the internet, but it doesn't help. This may be a CKInter issue, although interesting that it works without SSL (and not properly, resulting in too big text being stored)

Lech wrote:

From what I've read in a past post, it is hitting the max content length because pasting, unlike dropping, is not properly supported and it is possible that images get converted to text in some way and occupy a lot of "content length". So what I mean is that the pasted image is handled the same way as the dropped image.

Btw. adjusting the Max content length, according to the message, requires recompilation of the program, so it is not only a matter of configuration.

Andreas Luedeke wrote:

Lech wrote:

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Stefan

[global]
port = 8080

[demo]
Theme = default
Options Pinned = boolean
Reverse sort = 1
Last default = 31

Lech wrote:

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Stefan

Lech wrote:

Hello,

Thanks!

69044   Wed Oct 16 13:20:31 2019 Idea Xuan Wuwux@ihep.ac.cnBug reportLinux3.1.3Re: elog hanged when uploading photo failed

Hi all,

I've found a bug in elog. It's all right that uploading an image which file name with special characters. I think it must have something to do with the code like"url_encode(file_enc, sizeof(file_enc));  /* for file names with special characters like "+" */". If I clicked the "Make small/Make larger/Original size/Rotate left/Rotate right" button, the elog server will hang. How it can be fixed? The attached image shows the debug info.

Xuan

Stefan Ritt wrote:

The problem is you have some weird characters in your file name R2BLM15 ? ? ? ? ? .PNG which confuses the interpreter. There should not be any special character or blanks in attached images.

Stefan

Xuan Wu wrote:

Hi all,

We came across a problem recently when clicking "Upload" button, then elog hanged and never being accessed. I have checked the elog logs and find that it seems that elog didn't get the path of the picture for some reason. So is it a bug or our operation isn't correct?

69089   Fri Jan 24 14:56:04 2020 Warning Sara Vaninivanini.sara@gmail.comBug reportLinux3.1.3editor hangs intermittently

Hello,

I'm using ELOG with Ubuntu 19. When I create or edit an entry and I start writing, it hangs for few seconds, resumes, and all over again intermittently.

How can I fix it?

Best

Sara

69090   Fri Jan 24 14:56:56 2020 Question Sara Vaninivanini.sara@gmail.comQuestionLinux | Windows3.1.3local usage on windows + Linux virtual machine

Hello again, 

I love to use elog, but I don't need any other accessing it for the moment. So, it is possible to run elog locally on my PC, and make it not accessible from outside? 

Moreover, I installed elog on a linux virtual machine running with Virtual Box on Windows 10. Is it possible to open/edit my elog both from the linux VM and from the Windows system? without any accessibility from outside my PC?

Many many thanks

Sara

69094   Fri Jan 24 21:04:51 2020 Reply Johnsecondcomingtechnologies@fastmail.comQuestionLinux | Windows3.1.3Re: local usage on windows + Linux virtual machine
Elog does not access the outside world by default. With the VM I suppose just access it via the Linux local ip address (and port).

Sara Vanini wrote:

Hello again, 

I love to use elog, but I don't need any other accessing it for the moment. So, it is possible to run elog locally on my PC, and make it not accessible from outside? 

Moreover, I installed elog on a linux virtual machine running with Virtual Box on Windows 10. Is it possible to open/edit my elog both from the linux VM and from the Windows system? without any accessibility from outside my PC?

Many many thanks

Sara

69096   Mon Jan 27 08:46:39 2020 Reply Sara Vaninivanini.sara@gmail.comQuestionLinux | Windows3.1.3Re: local usage on windows + Linux virtual machine

Thanks John. I found the linux IP address with ifconfig, type it on my windows machine with the port number, but it doesn't work, the error is "website not found"... what else could I try?

Regards

Sara

John wrote:
Elog does not access the outside world by default. With the VM I suppose just access it via the Linux local ip address (and port).

Sara Vanini wrote:

Hello again, 

Many many thanks

Sara

ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886