Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 202 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Versiondown Subject
  68984   Tue May 21 15:42:46 2019 Reply Finn Junkerfj@tvis.netQuestionLinux | Windows3.1.3Re: Pinned entry

Hello Stefan

Works great and very usefull - but not when you use reverse sort = 1?.

Is there a way to get both. Pinned first and then the rest i reversed order (highest ID on page 1)

Kind Regards Finn

Stefan Ritt wrote:

This is not directly possible, but you can configure it with a trick. Create an attribute "pinned", make it of type "boolean", and set the start page such that it sorts using the "pinned" attribute:

Atributes = ..., Pinned
Options Pinned = boolean
Start page = ?rsort=Pinned

This move all entries where "Pinned" is true to the top of the list.

Stefan

Giuseppe Cucinotta wrote:

Hi everybody,

sorry if this question has already been posed (I did a quick search but I didn't found anything): elog sorts entry by ID, I wonder if it is possible to pin an entry in order to be always on top of the page independently on its ID.

Thanks

Giuseppe

68995   Wed Aug 7 02:57:55 2019 Question Lechsubs@lwp.emailQuestionLinux3.1.3tags

Hello,

Is it possible to create tags for new entries in elog? I understand it would have to be some kind of mix between Extendable options and moptions. Currently, whatever is entered in extendable options forms one option, while usually for tags, words separated by # form different tags. As usual with tags, I would like to add multiple tags to my new entry and then be able to filter all entries by specific tag or group of tags.

68996   Wed Aug 7 17:16:30 2019 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux3.1.3Re: tags #testtag

While tags are not explicitly foreseen, you can use moptions and filter with them. Look at this logbook for example: Click on "Find", then select one or more boxes of the "OS" attribute, and you will see the filtering. Another option is to use freetext in the subject for example. I added "#testtag" in this subject, so you can search for the text "#testtag" and will find this entry.

Stefan

Lech wrote:

Hello,

Is it possible to create tags for new entries in elog? I understand it would have to be some kind of mix between Extendable options and moptions. Currently, whatever is entered in extendable options forms one option, while usually for tags, words separated by # form different tags. As usual with tags, I would like to add multiple tags to my new entry and then be able to filter all entries by specific tag or group of tags.

69006   Tue Aug 20 09:47:06 2019 Question Lechsubs@lwp.emailQuestionLinux3.1.3Drag and drop does not work in 3.1.3?

Hello,

I can paste images into text (which resulted in the text_size too long error message), however, I can't drop them on my elog. However, I can do it on the demo version. Was the drag and drop into text already supported in version 3.1.3 and I am just missing some configuration option, or do I need to find a repository with a more recent version of elog?

Thanks!

69007   Tue Aug 20 10:34:37 2019 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux3.1.3Re: Drag and drop does not work in 3.1.3?

The Drag & Drop was implemented already in 3.0.0 (see https://elog.psi.ch/elog/download/ChangeLog). So no idea why it's not working for you.

Stefan

Lech wrote:

Hello,

I can paste images into text (which resulted in the text_size too long error message), however, I can't drop them on my elog. However, I can do it on the demo version. Was the drag and drop into text already supported in version 3.1.3 and I am just missing some configuration option, or do I need to find a repository with a more recent version of elog?

Thanks!

69009   Tue Aug 20 11:37:03 2019 Reply Lechsubs@lwp.emailQuestionLinux3.1.3Re: Drag and drop does not work in 3.1.3?

Can I find the config of the demo elog somewhere, so I could try it locally?

Stefan Ritt wrote:

The Drag & Drop was implemented already in 3.0.0 (see https://elog.psi.ch/elog/download/ChangeLog). So no idea why it's not working for you.

Stefan

Lech wrote:

Hello,

Thanks!

69010   Tue Aug 20 11:45:14 2019 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux3.1.3Re: Drag and drop does not work in 3.1.3?

It's the config from the distribution. A copy is below.

Stefan

[global]
port = 8080

[demo]
Theme = default
Comment = General Linux Tips & Tricks
Attributes = Author, Type, Category, Subject, Pinned
Options Pinned = boolean
Options Type = Routine, Software Installation, Problem Fixed, Configuration, Other
Options Category = General, Hardware, Software, Network, Other
Extendable Options = Category
Required Attributes = Author, Type
Page Title = ELOG - $subject
Reverse sort = 1
Quick filter = Date, Type
Last default = 31

Lech wrote:

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Stefan

Lech wrote:

Hello,

Thanks!

69011   Tue Aug 20 13:28:53 2019 Reply Lechsubs@lwp.emailQuestionLinux3.1.3Re: Drag and drop does not work in 3.1.3?

Thank you. Locally doesn't work for some reason... I'll try to investigate.

Btw. do you plan to properly accept pasting of images? Pasting a screenshot saves a lot of time when making logs.

Stefan Ritt wrote:

It's the config from the distribution. A copy is below.

Stefan

[global]
port = 8080

[demo]
Theme = default
Comment = General Linux Tips & Tricks
Attributes = Author, Type, Category, Subject, Pinned
Options Pinned = boolean
Options Type = Routine, Software Installation, Problem Fixed, Configuration, Other
Options Category = General, Hardware, Software, Network, Other
Extendable Options = Category
Required Attributes = Author, Type
Page Title = ELOG - $subject
Reverse sort = 1
Quick filter = Date, Type
Last default = 31

Lech wrote:

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Stefan

Lech wrote:

Hello,

Thanks!

ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886