Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 206 of 801  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Authordown Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  1528   Mon Nov 21 17:54:54 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chRequestWindows2.6.0-betaRe: Add Button on calendar

Alex H wrote:
I don't have the today date highlighted so I don't have some visual effect to find the date immediatly. Is it a bug or other ?

If I click Find on this page, then click on an calendar, I get following picture:

which clearly shows me the 21st highlighted. Do you get a different picture? Which browser are you using? If you get the proper picture here at the forum, but a different one at your installation, it might be that the default.css file is out of date in your installation and you have to copy over a newer one.
  1528   Mon Nov 21 17:54:54 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chRequestWindows2.6.0-betaRe: Add Button on calendar

Alex H wrote:
I don't have the today date highlighted so I don't have some visual effect to find the date immediatly. Is it a bug or other ?

If I click Find on this page, then click on an calendar, I get following picture:

which clearly shows me the 21st highlighted. Do you get a different picture? Which browser are you using? If you get the proper picture here at the forum, but a different one at your installation, it might be that the default.css file is out of date in your installation and you have to copy over a newer one.
  1529   Tue Nov 22 09:00:42 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportWindows2.6.0-betaRe: Undesirable TAG { }
That problem was fixed on June 24th, 2005. So please upgrade to the current 2.6.0-beta5 version.
  1534   Thu Nov 24 08:27:01 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux2.6.0-betaRe: Email format flags

Elaine Cristina Franchini dos Anjos wrote:
I've been tried to format our email notification messages
like this forum, but I couldn't.

Every email notification is sent in plain text although I've tried
all options listed in documentation about Email Format flags. Crying

What is the Email Format flag that I need to use ?
Is there something else that I have to configure ? ?)

The email notification is under revision right now, that's why 2.6.0 is still in beta. It will change again before the final release. I want to make a multipart/alternative encoding, where plain text and HTML are sent in the same email, and the user can select on the email client which part to view.

In the 2.6.0-beta5, you can select the eamil format with

Email encoding = 4

which then produces the same notifications as the forum.
  1538   Fri Dec 2 12:27:47 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chRequestLinux2.5.6.1Re: Upgrading from ELOG V2.5.6-1 to ELOG V2.5.9 steps

Rob de Bruin wrote:
We whant to upgrade to the latest version, can i just install the latest version over my older version??
I wil backup etc. offcourse.

Yes. The 2.6.0-beta1,2,3,4 have some problems, but the latest beta5 is pretty stable.

Rob de Bruin wrote:
Are there things i'll have to be alert to?

Usually only new options get added, and I keep the old ones, so there should not be any problem, although I do not record carefully what changes between any arbitray versions, so just read the changelogs

Rob de Bruin wrote:
Can someone give me a link to a document?

The changelog is located at http://midas.psi.ch/elog/download/ChangeLog

I have not put in the new stuff from 2.6.0, because it's still in beta.

- Stefan
  1540   Mon Dec 5 17:11:33 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux2.6.0Re: Upgrade from 2.3.8 to 2.6.0 logbook problem

Jesse Wodin wrote:
Hi, I'd like to upgrade from an old version of elog 2.3.8 to 2.6.0. I installed the new version, and it runs fine, but it doesn't seem to see my old logbooks (the path in the conf file is correct). Do I have to upgrade my logbooks somehow?

No. The last change in the logbook format was for version 2.0.0. So something else must be wrong. Just creat one entry with your new elog, and see where it's created on the hard disk. Put your old logbooks there. If you start elogd manually with the "-v" flag, you will see it indexing all logbooks. Check that you see all your entries there.
  1547   Tue Dec 13 20:34:39 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chRequestLinux2.6.0beta5Re: Logbook aliases

Yoshio Imai wrote:
Is it possible to implement aliases for logbooks? We would like to use a new logbook for every beamtime, but many services need to read/write to the respective current beamtime logbook. It would therefore be nice to have logbook "aliases", so that e.g. a "virtual" logbook beam could be defined to be an alias/redirection to the current beamtime logbook, and all services could refer to that one instead of having to be reconfigured for each beamtime.
This could also help to make sure everyone on shift writes the entries to the correct logbook ... Wink

You can do that already with the current version: At the end of a beamtime, create a new logbook, take the current logbook as a template, to make sure it has the same settings. Then move all entries from the current logbook to the new beamtime logbook, either with

• the "move to" command from the menu (which you first have to enable. While this works fine for individual entries, I never tried this with a whole logbook (click on "all", then "select all", then move to). So better try this first on a backup
  • moving the logbook entries on the file level. Go to the elog root, then enter "mv logbooks/<current>/* logbooks/<beamtime>/ where <current> is your current (online) logbook and <beamtime> is the new one you just created. You have to restart elogd so that it realizes the moved files

After that, your current logbook is empty again and ready for the new beamtime Big grin .
  1549   Wed Dec 14 11:48:37 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chRequestLinux2.6.0beta5Re: Logbook aliases

Yoshio Imai wrote:
but maybe you can add this to the wishlist if others request the same...

Ok, I will do that.

Yoshio Imai wrote:
P.S. What do you think about the idea of a "Go to page"-button for the single entry view?

I plan to make it even better (when I get some time, we have beam time right now as well Crying ). If you click "List" on the single entry page, it takes you by default to the listing page. I guess that would be a feature of general interest. I just need some time to implement it...
ELOG V3.1.5-3fb85fa6