Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 208 of 801  Not logged in ELOG logo
    icon2.gif   Re: local usage on windows + Linux virtual machine , posted by Sara Vanini on Mon Jan 27 08:46:39 2020 
Thanks John. I found the linux IP address with ifconfig, type it on my windows machine with the port number, but it doesn't work, the error is "website
not found"... what else could I try?

Regards
    icon2.gif   Re: Logfile not registering entry numbers?, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Apr 1 15:57:27 2020 
I finally found some time to fix that bug. Was just that the log file hat #0, the bug should not have had any ohter side effects. Now the logfile is
fine.

David
icon5.gif   Using curl to post new entries, posted by Florian Feldbauer on Wed Sep 2 10:24:58 2020 
Hey,

i'm trying to use curl to post new entries to our logbook as described here: https://elog.psi.ch/elogs/Forum/68597.
The Elog is installed via the Deban package on Buster.
    icon2.gif   Re: Using curl to post new entries, posted by Florian Feldbauer on Wed Sep 2 11:56:04 2020 
After going through the code of the Python API (https://github.com/paulscherrerinstitute/py_elog/blob/master/elog/logbook.py) I tried the following:
$ python3
>>> from passlib.hash import sha256_crypt
    icon2.gif   Re: Using curl to post new entries, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Sep 2 15:42:40 2020 
This is correct. The elogd daemon needs username and password in parameters "unm" and "upwd". The password must be SHA256 encoded,
so best is to grab it from the password file. This way one does not have to send clear text passwords over the network.

Florian
icon5.gif   Query to get values for Attributes, posted by Florian Feldbauer on Mon Sep 21 09:17:52 2020 
Hey,

I'm trying to integrate the Elog into our SlowControl System (Phoebus/EPICS). As a first step I translated the python library to Java. So
writing new Entries and viewing them works.
    icon3.gif   Re: Query to get values for Attributes, posted by Andreas Luedeke on Mon Sep 21 20:03:49 2020 
That would be a nice feature...

If you are good in parsing HTML you can achieve this feature: when you create a new entry "<elog-URL>?cmd=new", you'll get
HTML source code that provides you with all possible attribute choices.
    icon2.gif   Re: Query to get values for Attributes, posted by Florian Feldbauer on Tue Sep 22 09:27:45 2020 
Thanks for the tipp. I managed to use XPATH to get the values for my Type and Category attributes!

The API, I'm developing for Phoebus is quiet simple. It currently just supports Author, Subject, Type and Category as attributes and the
latter two are just lists of values.
ELOG V3.1.5-3fb85fa6