Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 210 of 795  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  68048   Tue Jul 21 09:10:25 2015 Reply Marty Jansenmarimart@freeler.nlQuestionWindows3.1.0-c701f01Re: FCKEditor not working correctly on a Windows server.

Another thing appeared in the IE message ribbon at the bottom before it states "Error on page" . I do get a message that ELOG is trying to download data from http://latex.codecogs.com/css/equation-embedde.css.....
Well, this server has no internet connection and will not get an internet connection.
Is there a way around this issue? I do not want to use an equation editor

Marty

Marty Jansen wrote:

Sorry for the typo,of course I meant IE 11.

I do get on "Error on page" error. After switching on the developer tools, I get the following output:

{exception} The value of the property 'dndInit' is null or undefined, not a Function object. I get this error when I trying to make a new entry.

If I use ELOG version 2.9.2-2455 it all works fine, but that version has an different editor.

Marty.

Andreas Luedeke wrote:
Marty Jansen wrote:

I have installed ELOG version 3.1.0 on a WIndows 2012R2 server with IE 1. [...]

Seriously "IE 1" ??? Javascript was invented in 1995 just before IE 1 came out, I doubt it was supported by IE 1 ;-) I guess it was supposed to read IE 11?

As far as I know the Javascript code of the CKeditor runs on the client, I would not expect the server to be the culprit. I would first try a different browser, then check if the ELOG installation was complete (check for warnings?)

Do you have a Javascript error console in your browser? It should tell you something about what is going wrong.

Cheers, Andreas

68047   Mon Jul 20 17:09:01 2015 Reply Marty Jansenmarimart@freeler.nlQuestionWindows3.1.0-c701f01Re: FCKEditor not working correctly on a Windows server.

Sorry for the typo,of course I meant IE 11.

I do get on "Error on page" error. After switching on the developer tools, I get the following output:

{exception} The value of the property 'dndInit' is null or undefined, not a Function object. I get this error when I trying to make a new entry.

If I use ELOG version 2.9.2-2455 it all works fine, but that version has an different editor.

Marty.

Andreas Luedeke wrote:
Marty Jansen wrote:

Seriously "IE 1" ??? Javascript was invented in 1995 just before IE 1 came out, I doubt it was supported by IE 1 ;-) I guess it was supposed to read IE 11?

As far as I know the Javascript code of the CKeditor runs on the client, I would not expect the server to be the culprit. I would first try a different browser, then check if the ELOG installation was complete (check for warnings?)

Do you have a Javascript error console in your browser? It should tell you something about what is going wrong.

Cheers, Andreas

68046   Mon Jul 20 15:50:56 2015 Reply Andreas Luedekeandreas.luedeke@psi.chQuestionWindows3.1.0-c701f01Re: FCKEditor not working correctly on a Windows server.
Marty Jansen wrote:

Cheers, Andreas

68045   Mon Jul 20 14:45:12 2015 Question Marty Jansenmarimart@freeler.nlQuestionWindows3.1.0-c701f01FCKEditor not working correctly on a Windows server.

Hi,

After working many years with previous versions of ELOG, I decided to update to the latest version.
I have installed ELOG version 3.1.0 on a WIndows 2012R2 server with IE 1. The editor is showing up, but everything is greyed out, execpt for some items on the bottom row. (Style, Lettertype...) and after I do load a preset text form with different colors, the page remains white. The tables and text in the form is showing up.

The previous version with the older editor was working great on the same server.

Any suggestions? 

68044   Wed Jul 15 21:30:47 2015 Reply Erkcan Ozcanerkcan@gmail.comQuestionLinux3.1.0-5be245eRe: Customized email subject line for an updated entry

Since there were no responses, I decided to make good use of the fact that the software is thankfully open-sourced. I modified elogd.c and added just a couple of lines to get what I wanted.

22245,22250d22244
<    if (old_mail && getcfg(lbs->name, "Use Email Subject Edit", subject, sizeof(subject))) {
<       i = build_subst_list(lbs, slist, svalue, attrib, TRUE);
<       sprintf(str, "%d", message_id);
<       add_subst_list(slist, svalue, "message id", str, &i);
<       strsubst_list(subject, sizeof(subject), slist, svalue, i);
<    } else

These lines just follow the comment line: /* compose subject from attributes */

Erkcan Ozcan wrote:

Hi,

The default email subject line for a new entry is: "New ELOG entry", and the default email subject line for an edited entry is: "Updated ELOG entry". However when we set "Use Email Subject", both new entries and the updated entries use the same email subject. Is there an equivalent of "Use Email Heading Edit" for the subject line? I tried "Use Email Subject Edit", to no avail.

Thanks in advance,

e.

68043   Tue Jul 14 19:29:17 2015 Entry Konstantin Olchanskiolchansk@triumf.caBug reportLinuxSun May 11 20:3Cannot download large attachments
Older versions of elogd have a problem with sending long attachements - the send() syscall is not protected against interrupt by SIGALARM. This seems to be fixed in non-SSL builds of current elog (version 3+), 
but for SSL builds, the error handling for the SSL_write() function looks incorrect. In addition, from OpenSSL documentation it is not clear if SSL_write() can handle signal interrupts at all.
K.O.
  68042   Tue Jul 14 19:12:55 2015 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux3.1.0Re: Pasting pictures from clipboard does not work anymore (firefox 39)

I'm not aware of any workaround, so you might ask the author. Once you find a solution, I'm happy to include it in the distribution.

Stefan

Jan Henry Hetzel wrote:
Hallo, as I have already written in the title, my problem is that after uprgrading my firefox to version 39 I cannot include pictures from clipboard. A downgrade to a previous version of firefox helped. But as this is not recommended I wanted to ask if there is a workaround or if I should inform the author of the "imagepaste"-extension of the CKEditor? Best regards, Jan

68041   Tue Jul 14 10:10:54 2015 Entry Jan Henry Hetzelj.hetzel@fz-juelich.deQuestionLinux3.1.0Pasting pictures from clipboard does not work anymore (firefox 39)
Hallo, as I have already written in the title, my problem is that after uprgrading my firefox to version 39 I cannot include pictures from clipboard. A downgrade to a previous version of firefox helped. But as this is not recommended I wanted to ask if there is a workaround or if I should inform the author of the "imagepaste"-extension of the CKEditor? Best regards, Jan
ELOG V3.1.5-fe60aaf