Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 211 of 795  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  68044   Wed Jul 15 21:30:47 2015 Reply Erkcan Ozcanerkcan@gmail.comQuestionLinux3.1.0-5be245eRe: Customized email subject line for an updated entry

Since there were no responses, I decided to make good use of the fact that the software is thankfully open-sourced. I modified elogd.c and added just a couple of lines to get what I wanted.

22245,22250d22244
<    if (old_mail && getcfg(lbs->name, "Use Email Subject Edit", subject, sizeof(subject))) {
<       i = build_subst_list(lbs, slist, svalue, attrib, TRUE);
<       sprintf(str, "%d", message_id);
<       add_subst_list(slist, svalue, "message id", str, &i);
<       strsubst_list(subject, sizeof(subject), slist, svalue, i);
<    } else

These lines just follow the comment line: /* compose subject from attributes */

Erkcan Ozcan wrote:

Hi,

The default email subject line for a new entry is: "New ELOG entry", and the default email subject line for an edited entry is: "Updated ELOG entry". However when we set "Use Email Subject", both new entries and the updated entries use the same email subject. Is there an equivalent of "Use Email Heading Edit" for the subject line? I tried "Use Email Subject Edit", to no avail.

Thanks in advance,

e.

68043   Tue Jul 14 19:29:17 2015 Entry Konstantin Olchanskiolchansk@triumf.caBug reportLinuxSun May 11 20:3Cannot download large attachments
Older versions of elogd have a problem with sending long attachements - the send() syscall is not protected against interrupt by SIGALARM. This seems to be fixed in non-SSL builds of current elog (version 3+), 
but for SSL builds, the error handling for the SSL_write() function looks incorrect. In addition, from OpenSSL documentation it is not clear if SSL_write() can handle signal interrupts at all.
K.O.
  68042   Tue Jul 14 19:12:55 2015 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux3.1.0Re: Pasting pictures from clipboard does not work anymore (firefox 39)

I'm not aware of any workaround, so you might ask the author. Once you find a solution, I'm happy to include it in the distribution.

Stefan

Jan Henry Hetzel wrote:
Hallo, as I have already written in the title, my problem is that after uprgrading my firefox to version 39 I cannot include pictures from clipboard. A downgrade to a previous version of firefox helped. But as this is not recommended I wanted to ask if there is a workaround or if I should inform the author of the "imagepaste"-extension of the CKEditor? Best regards, Jan

68041   Tue Jul 14 10:10:54 2015 Entry Jan Henry Hetzelj.hetzel@fz-juelich.deQuestionLinux3.1.0Pasting pictures from clipboard does not work anymore (firefox 39)
Hallo, as I have already written in the title, my problem is that after uprgrading my firefox to version 39 I cannot include pictures from clipboard. A downgrade to a previous version of firefox helped. But as this is not recommended I wanted to ask if there is a workaround or if I should inform the author of the "imagepaste"-extension of the CKEditor? Best regards, Jan
  68040   Tue Jul 7 21:57:04 2015 Question Erkcan Ozcanerkcan@gmail.comQuestionLinux3.1.0-5be245eCustomized email subject line for an updated entry

Hi,

The default email subject line for a new entry is: "New ELOG entry", and the default email subject line for an edited entry is: "Updated ELOG entry". However when we set "Use Email Subject", both new entries and the updated entries use the same email subject. Is there an equivalent of "Use Email Heading Edit" for the subject line? I tried "Use Email Subject Edit", to no avail.

Thanks in advance,

e.

68039   Fri Jul 3 21:26:32 2015 Agree Erkcan Ozcanerkcan@gmail.comInfoLinux3.1.0-5be245eRe: ELOG and Gmail?
Using stunnel4 and the 3.1.0 version of elog, I was able to use gmail smtp without the use of iptables.

In my elogd.cfg I chose:

SMTP username = <gmailusername>@gmail.com
SMTP Password = <The hash produced with the perl statement posted by Christopher Lee>
SMTP host = 127.0.0.1

And in /etc/stunnel/stunnel.conf:

[elogssl]
client = yes
accept = 127.0.0.1:25
connect = smtp.gmail.com:465
verify = 2
CApath = /etc/ssl/certs

FInally, run sudo stunnel4.
  68038   Wed Jul 1 11:05:32 2015 Question Daniel Sajdykdaniel.sajdyk@gmail.comQuestionWindowsELOG V3.1.0-3c6"Resolve host names" does not resolve host names

Hello

I use Resolve host names = 1 in my config file, but I still get IP instead domain name.

I use elog in internal network with my own DNS.

Any sugesstions ?

Regards

Daniel. 

68037   Thu Jun 25 16:39:06 2015 Entry David PilgramDavid.Pilgram@epost.org.ukBug reportLinuxV3.1.1-f613012Minor bug in the emails generated by elog.

In the emails generated by anyone making an entry in this log book, every apostrophe is followed by a semi-colon.  So the text "I don't think..."  appears in the email as "I don';t think...", and possibly that comment will appear in the email as "I don';;t think...." - not sure on the last bit.  It has been around in the past few versions of elog, but don't recall precisely when this started occurring.  It was fine back in February, with v2.9.2 (presumably) running.

ELOG V3.1.5-fe60aaf