Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 211 of 795  Not logged in ELOG logo
New entries since:Thu Jan 1 01:00:00 1970
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  68040   Tue Jul 7 21:57:04 2015 Question Erkcan Ozcanerkcan@gmail.comQuestionLinux3.1.0-5be245eCustomized email subject line for an updated entry

Hi,

The default email subject line for a new entry is: "New ELOG entry", and the default email subject line for an edited entry is: "Updated ELOG entry". However when we set "Use Email Subject", both new entries and the updated entries use the same email subject. Is there an equivalent of "Use Email Heading Edit" for the subject line? I tried "Use Email Subject Edit", to no avail.

Thanks in advance,

e.

68039   Fri Jul 3 21:26:32 2015 Agree Erkcan Ozcanerkcan@gmail.comInfoLinux3.1.0-5be245eRe: ELOG and Gmail?
Using stunnel4 and the 3.1.0 version of elog, I was able to use gmail smtp without the use of iptables.

In my elogd.cfg I chose:

SMTP username = <gmailusername>@gmail.com
SMTP Password = <The hash produced with the perl statement posted by Christopher Lee>
SMTP host = 127.0.0.1

And in /etc/stunnel/stunnel.conf:

[elogssl]
client = yes
accept = 127.0.0.1:25
connect = smtp.gmail.com:465
verify = 2
CApath = /etc/ssl/certs

FInally, run sudo stunnel4.
  68038   Wed Jul 1 11:05:32 2015 Question Daniel Sajdykdaniel.sajdyk@gmail.comQuestionWindowsELOG V3.1.0-3c6"Resolve host names" does not resolve host names

Hello

I use Resolve host names = 1 in my config file, but I still get IP instead domain name.

I use elog in internal network with my own DNS.

Any sugesstions ?

Regards

Daniel. 

68037   Thu Jun 25 16:39:06 2015 Entry David PilgramDavid.Pilgram@epost.org.ukBug reportLinuxV3.1.1-f613012Minor bug in the emails generated by elog.

In the emails generated by anyone making an entry in this log book, every apostrophe is followed by a semi-colon.  So the text "I don't think..."  appears in the email as "I don';t think...", and possibly that comment will appear in the email as "I don';;t think...." - not sure on the last bit.  It has been around in the past few versions of elog, but don't recall precisely when this started occurring.  It was fine back in February, with v2.9.2 (presumably) running.

68036   Thu Jun 25 16:20:09 2015 Reply David PilgramDavid.Pilgram@epost.org.ukBug reportLinux3.1.0-2411f95Re: CKEditor won't load under IE Compatibility Mode

I have had to play around with viewports for other reasons than elog, but I do have a couple of comments to make.  Obviously the meta tag viewpoint has to be added in.  Also, elog was written for large screens (no-one thought anything else was possible when elog was started), and it is relatively recent that mobile devices have become a significant percentage of views of web pages.  Google is downgrading websites that are not mobile-friendly - that is, not starting with the viewport meta tag.  So there may have to be a fair re-arrangement of the default layout of elog for it to remain sensible on mobile devices. 

The attached css file (I made minor edits to someone else's - and they were freely giving it away), allows tabs running along the top of the page (below the title) for navigation.  So it would be nice if the elog tabs could operate in the same way when being used on a mobile device.  If select on one, it can become a drop down menu to select other tabs under that general top layer (I don't think that function is in the attached css file).  I've put a sample of such tabs (not drop down) in header.html attached.  Though I'm sure everyone else can write far better css and html code.

As I'm not a heavy mobile user, and often do need the whole screen to view matters, it would be nice if all of this could be optional in the elog.cfg file.

Ben Shepherd wrote:

The viewport thing and the IE7 mode thing are separate issues.

OK, maybe it's a CKEditor thing then. I thought it might be. It seems pretty stupid that the default setting in IE is to emulate an older browser - although I guess a lot of people have very outdated intranet sites. Anyway, we have a fix here so I don't think you need to do anything. Just thought you might want to know.

The viewport tag issue - see attachments. The first two are the log selection page and the list page, both without the viewport tag. Obviously you can zoom in, but this is how they appear by default, as (apparently) Chrome tries to render the whole page width. The third one is how the list page appears when the viewport tag is added, and the fourth is with my custom CSS to put the columns on separate lines. It's probably very bad CSS, so I'm certain that it's not robust or cross-platform, but it works for me :)

/* make things look a bit nicer on smaller screens */
@media (max-width: 700px) {
	table.listframe td, table.listframe th {
		display: none;
	}

/* show id, date, personnel, summary in separate lines */
	table.listframe td:nth-of-type(-n+2), table.listframe td:nth-of-type(4), table.listframe td:nth-last-of-type(2) {
		display: block;
		border: 0px;
	}
}
Stefan Ritt wrote:

I don't get your point. If you add the meta tag wiht the viewport, then the IE7 mode will load the CKEditor? The CKEditor home page says that IE7 is not supported any more, so I wonder if this simple tag might help. Can you turn off the compatibility mode on a per-URL basis?

If I try on my smatphone, the display is correct, so why you need the viewport tag? Can you shouw me examples?

If you have nice CSS features which are helpful for everybody, please send them to me and I can include it in the distribution, but only after you convince me that it works (almost) everywhere.

Best,
Stefan

Ben Shepherd wrote:

I just upgraded to 3.1.0 after many years using 2.9.2. Our eLogs are absolutely crucial for the operation of our accelerators, so first of all I'd like to say: thanks a lot for everything you've done! It's a rock-solid application that works really well.

The issue I'm having is a minor one. Some of our users are using Internet Explorer 11, which has a Compatibility Mode option that is enabled by default for intranet sites (of which our eLog is one). This mode emulates IE7, and this causes the CKEditor rich text box to fail to load. I can tell our users to disable the CM setting on their browsers, but it may be that a simple server-side fix is possible as well.

It would be nice if the eLog pages could have a <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0"> tag, so that it displays nicely on smaller screens. I've been adding this myself in some Javascript code (see elogHelper.js on the above-linked website), but it doesn't appear on every page (the logbook selection page, for instance). I also made some modifications to the CSS so that the list display collapses down when the browser window is very narrow.

The new autosave functionality is really good. I hacked something together to do this for our log a while ago, but it's nice that it's inbuilt now.

Thanks again!

Ben

Attachment 1: tabstyle.css
   <style media="screen" type="text/css">
	/* <!-- */
	/* General styles */
	body {
		margin:0;
		padding:0;
		border:0;			/* This removes the border around the viewport in old versions of IE */
		width:100%;
		background:#fff;
		min-width:300px;		/* Minimum width of layout - remove line if not required */
						/* The min-width property does not work in old versions of Internet Explorer */
		font-size: 16px;
	}

.small {
	  font-size: 12px;
	  }

.large {
	  fpnt-size: 20px;
	  } 	

a {
		color:#369;
	}
	a:hover {
		color:#fff;
		background:#369;
		text-decoration:none;
	}
	h1, h2, h3 {
		margin:.8em 0 .2em 0;
	}
	p {
		margin:.4em 0 .8em 0;
	}
	img {
		margin:10px 0 5px;
	}
	/* Header styles */
	#header {
		clear:both;
		float:left;
	}
	#header {
		border-bottom:1px solid #000;
	}
	#header p,
	#header h1,
	#header h2 {
		padding:.4em 15px 0 15px;
	}
	#header ul {
		clear:left;
		list-style:none;
		margin:10px 0 0 0;
	}
	#header ul li {
		display:inline;
		list-style:none;
	}
	#header ul li a {
		display:block;
		margin:0 0 0 1px;
		padding:3px 10px;
		text-align:center;
		background:#eee;
		color:#000;
		text-decoration:none;
		position:relative;
		left:15px;
		line-height:1.3em;
	}
	#header ul li a:hover {
		background:#369;
	}
	#header ul li a.active,
	#header ul li a.active:hover {
		background:#000;
		font-weight:bold;
	}
	#header ul li a span {
		display:block;
	}
	/* 'widths' sub menu */
	#layoutdims {
		background:#eee;
		border-top:4px solid #000;
		padding:6px 15px !important;
		text-align:right;
	}
	/* column container */
	.colmask {
		position:relative;	/* This fixes the IE7 overflow hidden bug */
		width:100%;			/* width of whole page */
		overflow:hidden;		/* This chops off any overhanging divs */
	}
	/* common column settings */
	.colright,
	.colmid,
	.colleft {
	}
	.col1,
	.col2,
	.col3 {
		padding:0 0 1em 0;
		overflow:hidden;
	}
	/* Full page settings */
	.fullpage {
		background:#fff;		/* page background colour */
	}
	.fullpage .col1 {
		width:96%;			/* page width minus left and right padding */
		left:2%;			/* page left padding */
	}
	/* Footer styles */
	#footer {
		border-top:1px solid #000;
	}
	#footer p {
		padding:10px;
	}
	.embed-container {
	position: relative;
	height:0;
	overflow:hidden;
	background-color:white;
	}
	.ratio-16-9{
	padding-bottom:56.25%;
	}
	.ratio-4-3{
	padding-bottom:75%;
	}
	.ratio-1-1{
	padding-bottom:100%;
	}
	.embed-container img{
	position: absolute;
	top:0;
	left:0;
	}
	/* --> */
</style>
Attachment 2: header.html
  68035   Thu Jun 25 15:16:51 2015 Reply Ben Shepherdben.shepherd@stfc.ac.ukBug reportLinux3.1.0-2411f95Re: CKEditor won't load under IE Compatibility Mode

OK, maybe it's a CKEditor thing then. I thought it might be. It seems pretty stupid that the default setting in IE is to emulate an older browser - although I guess a lot of people have very outdated intranet sites. Anyway, we have a fix here so I don't think you need to do anything. Just thought you might want to know.

The viewport tag issue - see attachments. The first two are the log selection page and the list page, both without the viewport tag. Obviously you can zoom in, but this is how they appear by default, as (apparently) Chrome tries to render the whole page width. The third one is how the list page appears when the viewport tag is added, and the fourth is with my custom CSS to put the columns on separate lines. It's probably very bad CSS, so I'm certain that it's not robust or cross-platform, but it works for me :)

}

table.listframe td:nth-of-type(-n+2), table.listframe td:nth-of-type(4), table.listframe td:nth-last-of-type(2) {
	}
}
Stefan Ritt wrote:

I don't get your point. If you add the meta tag wiht the viewport, then the IE7 mode will load the CKEditor? The CKEditor home page says that IE7 is not supported any more, so I wonder if this simple tag might help. Can you turn off the compatibility mode on a per-URL basis?

If I try on my smatphone, the display is correct, so why you need the viewport tag? Can you shouw me examples?

If you have nice CSS features which are helpful for everybody, please send them to me and I can include it in the distribution, but only after you convince me that it works (almost) everywhere.

Best,
Stefan

Ben Shepherd wrote:

I just upgraded to 3.1.0 after many years using 2.9.2. Our eLogs are absolutely crucial for the operation of our accelerators, so first of all I'd like to say: thanks a lot for everything you've done! It's a rock-solid application that works really well.

The issue I'm having is a minor one. Some of our users are using Internet Explorer 11, which has a Compatibility Mode option that is enabled by default for intranet sites (of which our eLog is one). This mode emulates IE7, and this causes the CKEditor rich text box to fail to load. I can tell our users to disable the CM setting on their browsers, but it may be that a simple server-side fix is possible as well.

It would be nice if the eLog pages could have a <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0"> tag, so that it displays nicely on smaller screens. I've been adding this myself in some Javascript code (see elogHelper.js on the above-linked website), but it doesn't appear on every page (the logbook selection page, for instance). I also made some modifications to the CSS so that the list display collapses down when the browser window is very narrow.

The new autosave functionality is really good. I hacked something together to do this for our log a while ago, but it's nice that it's inbuilt now.

Thanks again!

Ben

Attachment 1: 01-logbook-sel-page-no-viewport.png
01-logbook-sel-page-no-viewport.png
Attachment 2: 02-list-page-no-viewport.png
02-list-page-no-viewport.png
Attachment 3: 03-list-page-viewport.png
03-list-page-viewport.png
Attachment 4: 04-list-page-viewport-css.png
04-list-page-viewport-css.png
  Draft   Thu Jun 25 14:55:16 2015 Reply Ben Shepherdben.shepherd@stfc.ac.ukBug reportLinux3.1.0-2411f95Re: CKEditor won't load under IE Compatibility Mode

}

}
}
Stefan Ritt wrote:

Best,
Stefan

Ben Shepherd wrote:

Thanks again!

Ben

Attachment 1: 01-logbook-sel-page-no-viewport.png
01-logbook-sel-page-no-viewport.png
Attachment 2: 02-list-page-no-viewport.png
02-list-page-no-viewport.png
  68033   Thu Jun 25 12:52:06 2015 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportLinux3.1.0-2411f95Re: CKEditor won't load under IE Compatibility Mode

Best,
Stefan

Ben Shepherd wrote:

Thanks again!

Ben

ELOG V3.1.5-fe60aaf