Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 212 of 234  Not logged in ELOG logo
icon5.gif   Possible Formatting bug: Summary view, posted by Steve Jones on Wed Jul 14 22:52:18 2004 
I've run into a situation where the SUMMARY view of a logbook will extend
beyond the righthand border, thus requiring the user to scroll right.  This
does not occur in FULL or THREAD mode.  Long lines in the TEXT attribute
    icon2.gif   Re: Possible Formatting bug: Summary view, posted by Stefan Ritt on Thu Jul 15 09:44:08 2004 
> A temporary fix for this is to set summary lines = 0

Right, that's the only way. I would call this "permanent fix" (;-)
       icon14.gif   Re: Possible Formatting bug: Summary view, posted by Steve Jones on Fri Jul 16 04:37:47 2004 
> > A temporary fix for this is to set summary lines = 0

> Right, that's the only way. I would call this "permanent fix" (;-)
icon5.gif   Question on how "Format <attribute> = " works, posted by Steve Jones on Wed Jul 14 21:35:32 2004 
It is not clear to me how "Format <attribute> = " works.  At first I thought
it would allow me to rearrange how attributes are organized on the html
"page"  using 
    icon3.gif   Re: Question on how "Format <attribute> = " works, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Jul 14 21:53:02 2004 
Just have a look at elog:571 which should answer your question. Also look at
elog:Config+Examples/4 which is the configuration of this Forum (which as you can
see has all attributes in a single line, even using different fonts).
       icon3.gif   Re: Question on how "Format <attribute> = " works, posted by Steve Jones on Wed Jul 14 22:59:05 2004 
> Just have a look at elog:571 which should answer your question. Also look at
> elog:Config+Examples/4 which is the configuration of this Forum (which as you can
> see has all attributes in a single line, even using different fonts).
          icon2.gif   Re: Question on how "Format <attribute> = " works, posted by Stefan Ritt on Thu Jul 15 21:21:50 2004 
> Ok, I think I see now.  I was assuming it applied to the entry form as well.

Well, good idea. I implemented that. Have a look at this forum (just hit reply to this
             icon14.gif   Re: Question on how "Format <attribute> = " works, posted by Steve Jones on Fri Jul 16 04:36:51 2004 
> > Ok, I think I see now.  I was assuming it applied to the entry form as well.

> Well, good idea. I implemented that. Have a look at this forum (just hit reply to this
icon3.gif   Request: limit size of attachments, posted by Bartjan Wattel on Wed Jul 14 13:58:26 2004 
hi again,

we have been doing a bit of stress testing for Elog. The most important 
    icon2.gif   Re: Request: limit size of attachments, posted by Stefan Ritt on Thu Jul 15 22:01:55 2004 
> Is it possible to add a flag in the configuration file, to specify the 
> maximum size of an attachment?
icon5.gif   Admin right, posted by Geo on Tue Jul 6 13:08:51 2004 
HI 
I have setup top group in my elog . I will want to restrict the different 
admin user on the global and the global on top groups .
    icon2.gif   Re: Admin right, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Jul 9 10:32:52 2004 
> I have setup top group in my elog . I will want to restrict the different 
> admin user on the global and the global on top groups .
> But however i am not able to use the configuration on "admin user" on the 
       icon2.gif   Re: Admin right, posted by Geo Geo on Wed Jul 14 13:55:13 2004 
Hi Stefan
Thanks for your reply
Can i check , with the new snap shot , can i disable the capability for the admin 
          icon2.gif   Re: Admin right, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Jul 14 16:26:48 2004 
> Can i check , with the new snap shot , can i disable the capability for the admin 
> to delete the logbook and create new logbook
> I tried with the config -
icon5.gif   Always suppress email notifications, posted by Bartjan Wattel on Wed Jul 14 13:31:33 2004 
Hi - again a configuration question.

How can I suppress all email notifications? The "Suppress default = 2" flag 
    icon2.gif   Re: Always suppress email notifications, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Jul 14 16:11:46 2004 
> How can I suppress all email notifications? The "Suppress default = 2" flag 
> allows me to always produce a notification, but the flag does not provide 
> an option to never produce a notification. The flag "Suppress Email on 
icon4.gif   'Full' mode gives incorrect results when searching, posted by Bartjan Wattel on Wed Jul 14 11:45:46 2004 
Hi, 

I was just searching your online discussion forum for entries with the 
    icon2.gif   Re: 'Full' mode gives incorrect results when searching, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Jul 14 12:12:35 2004 
Thanks for pointing out this bug. I fixed it. New version under CVS.
icon5.gif   How to construct different logbooks with the same logbook options, posted by Bartjan Wattel on Mon Jul 12 15:27:25 2004 
Hi,

I want to create a series of logbooks, say logbook A, and logbooks B up to 
    icon5.gif   Re: How to construct different logbooks with the same logbook options, posted by Stefan Ritt on Mon Jul 12 15:57:39 2004 
> I know I can simply copy the settings for logbook B and repeat the settings 
> for all logbooks C-S. But is there a better way to accomplish this?
       icon5.gif   Re: How to construct different logbooks with the same logbook options, posted by Bartjan Wattel on Wed Jul 14 11:49:26 2004 
> > I know I can simply copy the settings for logbook B and repeat the settings 
> > for all logbooks C-S. But is there a better way to accomplish this?
          icon2.gif   Re: How to construct different logbooks with the same logbook options, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Jul 14 11:57:18 2004 
> Suppose I want to have different password files for all the logbooks, but I want to 
> have a single (admin) user that can log in to all logbooks... Do I need to specify 
> the admin data in all the different password files, or can I use one global 
icon5.gif   multiple "text entry" field, posted by darshak on Mon Jul 12 09:07:32 2004 
Is it possible to add one more "text entry" field ?
    icon2.gif   Re: multiple "text entry" field, posted by Stefan Ritt on Mon Jul 12 09:31:03 2004 
> Is it possible to add one more "text entry" field ?

I guess you mean the main body text, which is multi-line. No, this is not
       icon2.gif   Re: multiple "text entry" field, posted by darshak on Wed Jul 14 08:57:37 2004 
Your guess is correct. I would like to have that feature in ELOG.

Thanks
ELOG V3.1.5-fe60aaf