Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 212 of 795  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  68032   Thu Jun 25 12:32:48 2015 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionWindowslatestRe: Need to move ELOG to other host

Simply copy over your elogd.cfg file and all files under "logbooks". If you only see former logbooks, you grabbed probably the wrong elogd.cfg file.

Mario Gaertner wrote:

Hi there,

our host running ELOG crashed. I installed ELOG at another host with copying backup files / folders to new installation. New installation looks fine and seems to be working. But one big problem occurs I only can see some of former existing logbooks. Are there any suggestions how to build an new ELOG with old data?

Many thanks Mario

68031   Wed Jun 24 19:27:49 2015 Angy Mario Gaertnerm.gaertner@estrel.comQuestionWindowslatestNeed to move ELOG to other host

Hi there,

our host running ELOG crashed. I installed ELOG at another host with copying backup files / folders to new installation. New installation looks fine and seems to be working. But one big problem occurs I only can see some of former existing logbooks. Are there any suggestions how to build an new ELOG with old data?

Many thanks Mario

Draft   Wed Jun 24 19:22:10 2015  Mario Gaertnerm.gaertner@estrel.comQuestionWindowslatestNeed to move ELOG to other host

Hi there,

Many thanks Mario

68029   Wed Jun 24 15:18:30 2015 Warning Ben Shepherdben.shepherd@stfc.ac.ukBug reportLinux3.1.0-2411f95CKEditor won't load under IE Compatibility Mode

I just upgraded to 3.1.0 after many years using 2.9.2. Our eLogs are absolutely crucial for the operation of our accelerators, so first of all I'd like to say: thanks a lot for everything you've done! It's a rock-solid application that works really well.

The issue I'm having is a minor one. Some of our users are using Internet Explorer 11, which has a Compatibility Mode option that is enabled by default for intranet sites (of which our eLog is one). This mode emulates IE7, and this causes the CKEditor rich text box to fail to load. I can tell our users to disable the CM setting on their browsers, but it may be that a simple server-side fix is possible as well.

It would be nice if the eLog pages could have a <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0"> tag, so that it displays nicely on smaller screens. I've been adding this myself in some Javascript code (see elogHelper.js on the above-linked website), but it doesn't appear on every page (the logbook selection page, for instance). I also made some modifications to the CSS so that the list display collapses down when the browser window is very narrow.

The new autosave functionality is really good. I hacked something together to do this for our log a while ago, but it's nice that it's inbuilt now.

Thanks again!

Ben

68028   Thu Jun 18 15:46:28 2015 Reply Hanno Perreyhanno.perrey@nuclear.lu.seBug reportOtherELOG V3.1.1-5eaRe: Upload of images fails from mobile platforms when using ELOG under SSL

Hej Stefan,

thanks for the suggestion -- through a Apache proxy the upload does indeed work without problems.

Cheers,

Hanno

Stefan Ritt wrote:

That's strange. Might have to do with the SSL library elog uses. I just tried this forum (actually the "Demo"), and it worked fine through SSL, but I use an Apache proxy server for elog implementing the SSL protocol, which might be slightly different.

Hanno Perrey wrote:

Hej,

I discovered a problem uploading images taken with the cameras of mobile devices to new elog entries directly from said devices. When selecting the image and choosing "Upload", either the blue page loading indicator gets stuck at around 10% (mobile Safari, iOS 8.3, iPhone 4 and iPad mini) or the error message "failed secure connection; connection reset while page was being loaded" ("Fehler: gesicherte Verbindung fehlgeschlagen. Verbindung zum Server wurde zurueckgesetzt waehrend die Seite geladen wurde") appears shortly after (Android 5.02, Firefox 37.0.2, Motorola G).

From the desktop browser (Firefox 38.0.5, OSX 10.10) there is no problem uploading images at all.

So far, this problem is very reproducible, but only when using ELOG with SSL enabled. Without SSL, the problem disappears on all platforms.

The ELOG daemon runs under Linux (Fedora 18) and I have also tried using the latest development version of ELOG.

Running ELOG with debug messages the only output after the page has been loaded is:

TCP connection #0 on socket 4 closed
TCP connection #0 on socket 4 closed

After these, there is no further output and the mobile devices do not indicate any progress either even after many mi.

The minimal config file I have been using is:

[global]
; network
port = 443
SSL = 1
URL = https://my.server.somewhere/
; paths
Logbook dir = /usr/local/elog/logbooks
Resource dir = /usr/local/elog
Logfile = /tmp/elog.log

[demo]
Attributes = Author, Type, Category, Subject
Required Attributes = Author, Type
Options Type = Status, Modification, Problem Report, Problem Details, Problem Fixed, Other
Options Category = Facility, Experiment, IT, Other
List Page Title = $logbook - $subject

As mentioned before, removing the first three lines fixes the problem (the URL line points to my actual server of course).

I would appreciate any pointers on how to debug this further! The functionality of posting images directly from mobile devices is quite important for the planed deployment of ELOG and I would very much prefer to have SSL enabled when doing so.

Thanks and cheers,

Hanno

68027   Wed Jun 17 19:20:40 2015 Question Daniel Sajdykdaniel.sajdyk@gmail.comQuestionWindowsELOG V3.1.0-3c6Revisions in other languages

Hello.

When I use "Revisions" name for attribute I have correct entry like "DATE by XXX from SOME_IP" which is added to previous edition date. 

But when i rename Revisions attribute to polish language (like "Wersje"), the entry is preceded by 3c6435es and whole looks like "3c6435es DATE by XXX from SOME_IP" and it overwrite previous entry. 

Is "Revisions" attribute must be in english?

Regards Daniel. 

Edit:

I know what I was doing wrong. I use:

Subst on Edit Wersje = $Revisions<br>$date przez $long_name z $remote_host

but it should be: 

Subst on Edit Wersje = $Wersje<br>$date przez $long_name z $remote_host

68026   Wed Jun 17 10:52:16 2015 Entry Hanno Perreyhanno.perrey@nuclear.lu.seBug reportLinuxV3.1.1-5eada05unknown user name in "Admin user" line invalidates all entries
Hej,

I just noted that when having an unknown (or presumably misspelled) user name in the "Admin user" line in the
config file, that the other users are no longer treated as admins and do not see the corresponding link to the
admin page e.g. on the list page. In my specific situation, I in fact have only one user registered (new
password file) but two users still on the admin list (old config file). The one user is only treated as admin
after removing the offending name from the list of admins.

I understand that this might be the intended behavior -- but I wonder if this could lead to a situation where
one locks oneself out, e.g. when adding a misspelled user name to the list.

Thanks and cheers,

Hanno
  68025   Mon Jun 15 22:00:40 2015 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionWindows2.9.2Re: Limited access to an attribute

No.

Michael Cianci wrote:

Is there a way to limit access to an attribute "Reviewed by" to only supervisors?

Thank you for your help

Mike

ELOG V3.1.5-fe60aaf