Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 214 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
New entries since:Thu Jan 1 01:00:00 1970
ID Date Icondown Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  65683   Wed Jan 9 10:59:31 2008 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionWindows2.7.0-1964Re: Summary View Umlauts

Kenneth Andersson wrote:

Hi!

When will the fix be in latest version so umlauts is showed in the correct way? (I installed the latest version for Windows yesterday and it is 2.7.0-1964)

//Kenneth Andersson

I made an elog270-3.exe for you which contains the actual reviaion 1985.

65684   Wed Jan 9 11:00:21 2008 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionAll2.7.0-1964Re: Completed Swedish translation

Kenneth Andersson wrote:

I have completed the Swedish translation and wonder how I can deliver it (if it´s still needed)?

Sure, it's always welcome. Just email it to me.

65687   Wed Jan 9 15:30:15 2008 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionWindows2.7.0-1964Re: Summary View Umlauts

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Kenneth Andersson wrote:

Hi!

When will the fix be in latest version so umlauts is showed in the correct way? (I installed the latest version for Windows yesterday and it is 2.7.0-1964)

//Kenneth Andersson

I made an elog270-3.exe for you which contains the actual reviaion 1985.

This is just a test reply

65689   Thu Jan 10 08:27:53 2008 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionWindows2.7.0-1985Re: Unknown toolbar item 'ShowBlocks'

Uwe wrote:

Hello,

I just made an update from version V2.7.0-1964 to V2.7.0-1985 and I am receiving now the error message Unknown toolbar item 'ShowBlocks' whenever creating or editing an entry.  When clicking onto Ok, everything seems to work fine. Can you help please? Error message occurs in Internet Explorer and also in Firefox.

Addition: The Show Blocks Symbol is missing

Thanks!

Uwe

There was an update of the FCKeditor which I forgot to include in the distribution. Please re-download elog270-3.exe and install it again. The new version of the editor will be included there and fix your problem.

65691   Thu Jan 10 15:30:35 2008 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportLinux2.7.0-1954Re: "Default encoding" default is not as documented

Quote:
"Default encoding" appears to have the default value of 2 (HTML) instead of 0 (ELCode) as documented in http://midas.psi.ch/elog/config.html

ELOG V2.7.0-1954 : elog.c line 8952

Kristján

I changed the documentation Wink

The reason for this is to give beginners the FCKeditor by default instead of the ELCode encoding.
  65693   Thu Jan 10 16:31:22 2008 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionWindows2.7.0-1985Re: Unknown toolbar item 'ShowBlocks'

Uwe wrote:

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Uwe wrote:

Hello,

I just made an update from version V2.7.0-1964 to V2.7.0-1985 and I am receiving now the error message Unknown toolbar item 'ShowBlocks' whenever creating or editing an entry.  When clicking onto Ok, everything seems to work fine. Can you help please? Error message occurs in Internet Explorer and also in Firefox.

The intermediate elog version 2.7.0-3 had a bug which truncated some entries (just like the one where I reply to). This has been fixed in release 2.7.0-4. So please everybody who uses 2.7.0-3 do an update.

65695   Fri Jan 11 08:08:51 2008 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux2.7.0-1954Re: Configuration of HTML editor

Kristján Jónsson wrote:

Do I have to do any extra configuration in elog to enable the FCKeditor.

What I get with V2.7.0-1954 is that the main message entry field looks and behaves identically whether I set the encoding to HTML or plain (except the width and height of the field changes).

ELCode works as expected.  Message files saved with the encoding set to HTML have a line "Encoding: HTML", but no HTML markup.  Those saved with encoding set to plain have the line "Encoding: plain", but are otherwise identical.

I have the scripts directory as set up by "make install" containing the elcode.js file and the fckeditor subdirectory.  All are world readable.

Any hints about what could be the problem?

Version 1954 is a bit old. Please update to the current SVN version and try again. There must be a file elog/scripts/fckeditor/fckeditor.js which was missing at some time.

65696   Fri Jan 11 14:33:58 2008 Reply Kristján Jónssonkj@raunvis.hi.isQuestionLinux2.7.0-1954Re: Configuration of HTML editor

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Kristján Jónsson wrote:

Do I have to do any extra configuration in elog to enable the FCKeditor.

What I get with V2.7.0-1954 is that the main message entry field looks and behaves identically whether I set the encoding to HTML or plain (except the width and height of the field changes).

ELCode works as expected.  Message files saved with the encoding set to HTML have a line "Encoding: HTML", but no HTML markup.  Those saved with encoding set to plain have the line "Encoding: plain", but are otherwise identical.

I have the scripts directory as set up by "make install" containing the elcode.js file and the fckeditor subdirectory.  All are world readable.

Any hints about what could be the problem?

Version 1954 is a bit old. Please update to the current SVN version and try again. There must be a file elog/scripts/fckeditor/fckeditor.js which was missing at some time.

Excellent, works as expected now, thanks.

Didn't realise how far behind the SVN version elog-latest.tar.gz is.

ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886