Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 215 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
New entries since:Thu Jan 1 01:00:00 1970
ID Date Icondown Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  65698   Fri Jan 18 14:20:29 2008 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionWindows Re: Audit Trail?

Javier A. Ortiz wrote:

First thanks for the great software! My only question would be how to implement audit trail feature. I know you can control who edits and that's great but in regulated environments like mine there's a requirement that the original record, the one edited, is not deleted or overwritten. If not possible right now the only thing I could think of is a mechanism, maybe possible thru configuration, that when the record is edited it is copied to an audit trail logbook (i.e. if logbook name is 'test' it's audit logbook will be named 'test-audit' which is read only) and have a link to the audit trail of the record (show only changes of the current record).

I'm more than aware that it's possible thru configuration but I'm short on that dept. Any help/idea?

You can achieve this via replies. First you disable any edits on the original message by removing the Edit command via 'Menu commands' or by using 'Restrict edit time' appropriately. If someone wants to edit an entry, she or he makes a reply. If the original entry is formatted with ELCode, it will be enclosed by a [quote] tag, which can be easily removed. Then the text can be edited and submitted. This way you get the history of an entry in a chain of replies. That's the only way I see to accomplish this functionality.

65700   Mon Jan 21 15:08:19 2008 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux2.7.0.1Re: 80 column Message width.

Carl Shirey wrote:

First thing we have been using the Elog for 2 yr for a shift carryover and it has works out great.

Now for the problem I have. I heave the message width set to 80.  It works for plain Encoding but it does not work for HTML or ELCode. The text does not wrap around when viewing using Explorer or Fire Fox or printing out the Elog.  Is this a problem or do I need to modify the Config file?

Thanks

A limited message width does not make sense for HTML or ELCode encoding since the text is laid out by the browser dynamically when displaying messages. For example have a look at this very message in your browser, and resize your window. You will see that the text flows dynamically, so the line breaks move with the window size. Furthermore the text entry uses a variable width font, so a fixed line length would not result in line breaks at the same vertical position. Therefore the message entry size scales automatically with the browser window. If you need lines with fixed length, you can only do that in plain encoding.

65701   Mon Jan 21 15:32:06 2008 Reply Carl Shireycarl.shirey@pw.utc.comQuestionLinux2.7.0.180 column Message width.

That is the the problem the text does not resize with the window or sending to the printer.

65702   Mon Jan 21 15:33:22 2008 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux2.7.0.1Re: 80 column Message width.

Carl Shirey wrote:

That is the the problem the text does not resize with the window or sending to the printer.

As I told you, if you need that feature, stick to plain encoding.

65704   Wed Jan 23 16:09:10 2008 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chRequestLinux2.7.1.2004Re: inline button for upload image

stephane wrote:

Hello,

In elog version 2.7.1.2004, when I want to upload an image, after browsing I obtain a error message like < Upload command not unauthorized>. That is strange is the file is right uploaded in the logbook directory but not appear in the entry.

Thank you for your help.

Stéphane

Thank you for reporting this problem. I found that it was related with switching ELOG to French (in the English version it always worked). I fixed this in revision #2006 and re-made the 2.7.1 distribution with the bug fix.

65705   Wed Jan 23 16:15:56 2008 Reply stephanestephane.brisson@synchrotron-soleil.frRequestLinux2.7.1.2004Re: inline button for upload image

Stefan Ritt wrote:

stephane wrote:

Hello,

In elog version 2.7.1.2004, when I want to upload an image, after browsing I obtain a error message like < Upload command not unauthorized>. That is strange is the file is right uploaded in the logbook directory but not appear in the entry.

Thank you for your help.

Stéphane

Thank you for reporting this problem. I found that it was related with switching ELOG to French (in the English version it always worked). I fixed this in revision #2006 and re-made the 2.7.1 distribution with the bug fix.

Hello,

I made the test and it's really switching english to french. Another problem I observe by switching in french is when I want to create / edit an entry in html, the tool bar is hide ! Does the #2006 will corret this too ?

Regards

Stéphane

65706   Wed Jan 23 16:23:29 2008 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chRequestLinux2.7.1.2004Re: inline button for upload image

stephane wrote:

I made the test and it's really switching english to french. Another problem I observe by switching in french is when I want to create / edit an entry in html, the tool bar is hide ! Does the #2006 will corret this too ?

This seems to be a problem with the FCKeditor which is used inside ELOG. If you upgrade from a previous version of elog, make sure not to only update the executable, but the whole scripts directory tree. When you start elogd manually, you will see FCKedit detected if the installation is correct.

65707   Wed Jan 23 16:41:20 2008 Reply stephanestephane.brisson@synchrotron-soleil.frRequestLinux2.7.1.2004Re: inline button for upload image

Stefan Ritt wrote:

stephane wrote:

This seems to be a problem with the FCKeditor which is used inside ELOG. If you upgrade from a previous version of elog, make sure not to only update the executable, but the whole scripts directory tree. When you start elogd manually, you will see FCKedit detected if the installation is correct.

Thank you for the #2006 which correct the upload problem in french.

The problem with the toolbar when creating / edting entry in html mode still exist. I try in french, it fails. I try in english, it works. I ran manually elogd and FCKedit detected is printed during elogd starting.

Kind regards

Stéphane

ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886