Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 215 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Authorup Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  69223   Tue Sep 22 09:27:45 2020 Reply Florian Feldbauerflorian@ep1.ruhr-uni-bochum.deQuestionLinux3.1.3Re: Query to get values for Attributes

Thanks for the tipp. I managed to use XPATH to get the values for my Type and Category attributes!

The API, I'm developing for Phoebus is quiet simple. It currently just supports Author, Subject, Type and Category as attributes and the latter two are just lists of values.

Andreas Luedeke wrote:

That would be a nice feature...

If you are good in parsing HTML you can achieve this feature: when you create a new entry "<elog-URL>?cmd=new", you'll get HTML source code that provides you with all possible attribute choices.

Disclaimer: this only works if you don't use Conditional attributes.

Florian Feldbauer wrote:

Hey,

I'm trying to integrate the Elog into our SlowControl System (Phoebus/EPICS). As a first step I translated the python library to Java. So writing new Entries and viewing them works.
But for Phoebus, you need a list of the possible values for the attributes. Currently this is done via the config file from Phoebus.

Is there a way to get the values also via a query directly from the Elog?

Cheers,
Florian

69261   Wed Nov 25 15:10:34 2020 Question Florian Feldbauerflorian@ep1.ruhr-uni-bochum.deQuestionLinux3.1.3Placeholders in Python API

Hey all,

In the configuration of the Elog one can use

Preset Author = $long_name
Preset Author Email = $user_email

to have predefined values for the Author and Author Email fields when creating a new entry via the web interface.
Is it also possible to use these placeholders when creating a new entry via the Python API?

Cheers,
Florian

69507   Mon Apr 18 19:16:36 2022 Reply Florian Heiglme@florianheigl.meQuestionWindows3.1.4-a04faf9fRe: Vulnerability?
> > I trust Stefan is reading this thread and will do something about it. My vote would
> > be to remove the download link to the windows executables and ask Debian to remove
> > the elog package. I think they have a way for upstream developers (Stefan) to request
> > removal of unmaintained out-of-date insecure versions of their stuff. ROOT
> > was in the same situation years ago, the Debian package for ROOT was very old version,
> > also built incorrectly, and everybody complained to us that our stuff does
> > not work (midas, rootana, etc).
> 
> Yeah, I have to recompile the Windows version. Unfortunately my old Windows PC is gone, I
> switched now completely to MacOSX and Linux. Probably have to borrow something from somewhere.
> If anybody can compile the Windows version with the current source code I would be happy.

it would be good if the current state was listed in https://elog.psi.ch/elogs/Vulnerabilities/ 
It seems there's now updated builds for at least windows, and the debian package still outdated?

Personally, I don't think removing download links and pulling packages should be more than a temporary measure.
Treating people fairly IMHO means they should be able to reach a safe version by the same means that brought and left them exposed.

A clear central source would be best, one that has 

- package autobuilds
- source
- cve list

If I understand correctly, currently only the source is up to date?

(I found py_elog on Github, so it could be an easy option to mirror ELOG there and let some free service handle the autobuilds.
I don't know how well one can flag vulnerabilities there, but likely it's possible, and ideally more people would help there.)

p.s.: My hat is off to the sysadmin who checked carefully, I wanted to introduce ELOG in a windows-centric place and I can't swear I would have checked this (official) download as well.
  69540   Tue Jul 5 19:10:48 2022 Question Florian Heiglme@florianheigl.meQuestionMac OSX3.1.4OSX Issues

Hi, I have an issue with my local elog setup. it's usable but one function is just not working.

Problem

I'm getting weird error messages when trying to write or read entries from the CLI client.

I have googled a lot and most elog client examples are not giving the actual output, more like elog -h <host> -p <myport> -a ... -x -m "myfile" but I hope I got the options right.

Upgrading did not change the behaviour.

Question?

• anyone see problems in the commands I tried below
  • with OSX in general
  • have a recent setup on OSX that just works

Env

I'm running elog on my OSX laptop for tracking issues / improvements on client's IT systems. It's proven really good for storing my notes.

One "kink" is I kinda need both of them on the laptop since I cannot assume to have working network connectivity, i.e. when documenting network outages or datacenter maintenance where everything is off.

One thing I couldn't get to work was the CLI. Today I upgraded to the latest build, and tried again.

Env: OSX 12.4 (x86_64)

elog Client compiled from latest source tree (bcd7b50edd3d687425e6c5b0906dc02c8690a24e)

with minimal adjustments (turn off SSL since I can't get it right on OSX, rename two .c files in mxml to .cxx)

Outputs

$ echo "blah" | ./elog -h 127.0.0.1 -p 8080 -l intern -r 2 -x
Cannot retrieve host name: Undefined error: 0
$ echo "blah" | ./elog -h 127.0.0.1 -p 8080 -l intern -r 2 -x
Cannot retrieve host name: Undefined error: 0
$ host 127.0.0.1
1.0.0.127.in-addr.arpa domain name pointer localhost.
$ elog -?
elogd 3.1.4 built Oct  8 2020, 03:14:21 revision 7c3fd00b
$ elog -?                                                                       
elogd 3.1.4 built Jul  5 2022, 18:23:30 revision bcd7b50e

As per the messages, I'm not entirely sure if it's an issue with the client or the server. upgrading both components made no difference.

Config

Theme = default
Comment = Logbuch Findings etc
Attributes = Context, Type, Category, Subject, ObjectPath
Options Context = global, intern, [redacted]
Options Type = Anpassung, Finding, Problem, Update, Auftrag, Planung
Options Category = General, Hardware, Software, Network, Other
Extendable Options = Category
Required Attributes = Context, Type, ObjectPath
Page Title = ELOG - $subject
Reverse sort = 1
Quick filter = Date, Context, Type

make output

$ gmake                                                
c++ -O3 -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -W -Wall -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-unused-result -Imxml -I/opt/local/include -o elog src/elog.cxx mxml.o crypt.o -L/opt/local/lib
ld: warning: directory not found for option '-L/opt/local/lib'
c++ -O3 -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -W -Wall -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-unused-result -Imxml -I/opt/local/include -w -c -o auth.o src/auth.cxx
c++ -O3 -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -W -Wall -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-unused-result -Imxml -I/opt/local/include -o elogd src/elogd.cxx auth.o mxml.o crypt.o -L/opt/local/lib
c++ -O3 -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -W -Wall -Wno-deprecated-declarations -Wno-unused-result -Imxml -I/opt/local/include -o elconv src/elconv.cxx -L/opt/local/lib

$ ls -ltr
[...]
-rw-r--r--   1 floh  staff     4811  5 Jul 17:58 CMakeLists.txt
drwxr-xr-x  25 floh  staff      800  5 Jul 17:58 doc
drwxr-xr-x  10 floh  staff      320  5 Jul 17:58 scripts
drwxr-xr-x  13 floh  staff      416  5 Jul 17:58 src
drwxr-xr-x  10 floh  staff      320  5 Jul 18:15 mxml
-rw-r--r--   1 floh  staff    36424  5 Jul 18:15 mxml.o
-rw-r--r--   1 floh  staff     8784  5 Jul 18:15 crypt.o
-rw-r--r--   1 floh  staff     5886  5 Jul 18:23 Makefile
-rwxr-xr-x   1 floh  staff    90840  5 Jul 18:23 elog
-rw-r--r--   1 floh  staff     2976  5 Jul 18:23 auth.o
-rwxr-xr-x   1 floh  staff  1390664  5 Jul 18:23 elogd
-rwxr-xr-x   1 floh  staff    52112  5 Jul 18:23 elconv

$ sudo gmake install
Password:
install: elog -> /usr/local/bin/elog
install: elconv -> /usr/local/bin/elconv
install: elogd -> /usr/local/sbin/elogd
install: man/elog.1 -> /usr/local/man/man1//elog.1
install: man/elconv.1 -> /usr/local/man/man1//elconv.1
install: man/elogd.8 -> /usr/local/man/man8//elogd.8
install: scripts/ckeditor-config.js -> /usr/local/elog/scripts//ckeditor-config.js
install: scripts/dnd.js -> /usr/local/elog/scripts//dnd.js
install: scripts/elcode.js -> /usr/local/elog/scripts//elcode.js
install: scripts/im.js -> /usr/local/elog/scripts//im.js
install: scripts/jquery-1.11.1.min.js -> /usr/local/elog/scripts//jquery-1.11.1.min.js
install: scripts/load-ckeditor.js -> /usr/local/elog/scripts//load-ckeditor.js
Installing CKeditor to /usr/local/elog/scripts/ckeditor
Installing resources to /usr/local/elog/resources
Installing themes to /usr/local/elog/themes
Installing example logbook to /usr/local/elog/logbooks/demo
install: logbooks/demo/2001/011108a.log -> /usr/local/elog/logbooks/demo/2001/011108a.log
install: elogd.plist -> /Library/LaunchDaemons/ch.psi.elogd.plist
The elogd service can now be started with
  sudo launchctl load /Library/LaunchDaemons/ch.psi.elogd.plist

65798   Fri Mar 28 13:48:41 2008 Question Franck Cfranck.c95@free.frRequestWindows Can u send me the configuration file for this logbook ?

Hi, I try to set up a logbook and i wanted to create something with icons (like this logbook) and it will be easier for me if i have ur config file

Thanks a lot

Franck

65877   Fri May 9 14:04:42 2008 Reply Franck Cfranck.c95@free.frRequestWindows Re: Can u send me the configuration file for this logbook ?

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Franck C wrote:

Hi, I try to set up a logbook and i wanted to create something with icons (like this logbook) and it will be easier for me if i have ur config file

Thanks a lot

Franck

https://midas.psi.ch/elogs/Config+Examples/2

- Stefan

Ok thanks... but i meant this Forum logbook... Can u give me the configuration file and the css file if i need a different one ?

thanks a lot by advance

65910   Tue Jun 17 11:42:20 2008 Entry Franck Cfranck.c95@free.frQuestionWindows2.7.3Icon and Quick filter

Hi,

I have defined a quick filter based on an icon attribute and it does not work: no result. I have defined something like your "forum elog" (with Icon comment ): in the quick filter, i see the comments (that a good thing) but whatever i'm selecting, i have no entry.

Is it a bug or i miss something in the configuration ?

Regards

ELOG is a really helpful application

Thanks a lot !!

65917   Tue Jul 1 16:56:53 2008 Reply Franck Cfranck.c95@free.frQuestionWindows2.7.3Re: Icon and Quick filter

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Franck C wrote:

Hi,

I have defined a quick filter based on an icon attribute and it does not work: no result. I have defined something like your "forum elog" (with Icon comment ): in the quick filter, i see the comments (that a good thing) but whatever i'm selecting, i have no entry.

Is it a bug or i miss something in the configuration ?

I tried to reproduce your problem, but it worked fine for me. I used in elog.cfg:

[demo]
Attributes = Icon, Author, Type, Last Edit, Subject
IOptions Icon = icon1.gif, icon2.gif, icon3.gif, icon4.gif, icon5.gif, icon6.gif, icon7.gif, icon8.gif, icon12.gif, icon13.gif, icon14.gif
Quick filter = Icon

Then I entered two entries with different icons, and I selected the quick filter. It correctly showed me the entry with the icon I selected:

Capture.png

Yes you're right, but i want to see the comment in the quickfilter list, not the name of the icon :

[MyLogBook]

List Display             = Auteur, Destinataire, Etat, Réponse, Rapport
Attributes               = Auteur, Destinataire, Etat, Réponse, Rapport

IOptions Etat            = icon3.gif, icon13.gif, icon14.gif, icon2.gif

Icon comment icon3.gif   = Suggestion
Icon comment icon13.gif  = Réfusée
Icon comment icon14.gif  = Retenue
Icon comment icon2.gif   = Réportée

Quick filter             = Auteur, Date, Etat, Destinataire

All the entries:

elog1.bmp

When i'm selecting the quickfilter, it should display the entry "arthur":