Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 215 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OSup ELOG Version Subject
  1460   Thu Oct 13 21:26:31 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.ch Linux2.6Re: New Accounts

Carl Shirey wrote:
I hope you can help me Stefan.
The problem that I am having is when someone request a account on elog I received e-mail message to activate there account. I click on the link from my e-mail to activate the account it takes me to the logon page. I log on and then I get a massage that the web does not exist.
What I found out was the elog Damon stops, and I have to restart it and everything work fine.
Here is a copy of me Elog config.

Also can you tell me how you set up the Subtext and the Show new entry buttons on the main page of the elog.

Thank for your help

I tried with the current version and could not reproduce your problem. Can you try to increase the login expiration like Login expiration = 240 for ten days. If you then click to activate an account and you have been logged in less than ten days ago, you will not be asked to logon. Does the problem then still occur?
  1464   Fri Oct 14 19:20:40 2005 Reply Carl Shireycarl.shirey@pw.utc.com Linux2.6Re: New Accounts

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Carl Shirey wrote:
I hope you can help me Stefan.
The problem that I am having is when someone request a account on elog I received e-mail message to activate there account. I click on the link from my e-mail to activate the account it takes me to the logon page. I log on and then I get a massage that the web does not exist.
What I found out was the elog Damon stops, and I have to restart it and everything work fine.
Here is a copy of me Elog config.

Also can you tell me how you set up the Subtext and the Show new entry buttons on the main page of the elog.

Thank for your help

I tried with the current version and could not reproduce your problem. Can you try to increase the login expiration like Login expiration = 240 for ten days. If you then click to activate an account and you have been logged in less than ten days ago, you will not be asked to logon. Does the problem then still occur?

No the problem does not occur when I am still log on.
  1465   Sat Oct 15 16:50:25 2005 Question Johan Nybergjohan.nyberg@tsl.uu.seQuestionLinux2.6.0How to connect to an ELOG server running behind apache+ssl using the elog command line program?
Hi,

I need to post a large number of "old" messages to one of my logbooks and I am trying to modify the script doelog (see http://midas.psi.ch/elogs/Contributions/10) to suit my needs. I am using apache + ssl for secure logins to my ELOG server. The doelog script uses the elog utility program, which is useful for posting ELOG messages from scripts or from the command line. My problem is that I cannot talk to my ELOG server with elog.
Here is what happens:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
$ elog -v -h my.server.org -p 443 -l mylogbook -a Category=Other-u myusername mypasswd testmsg

Successfully connected to host my.server.org, port 443
Request sent to host:
POST /mylogbook/ HTTP/1.0
Content-Type: multipart/form-data; boundary=---------------------------1028A8C27FFD1021AAB342B
Host: my.host.org
User-Agent: ELOG
Content-Length: 811

Content sent to host.
Response received:
<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//IETF//DTD HTML 2.0//EN">
<html><head>
<title>400 Bad Request</title>
</head><body>
<h1>Bad Request</h1>
<p>Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.<br />
Reason: You're speaking plain HTTP to an SSL-enabled server port.<br />
Instead use the HTTPS scheme to access this URL, please.<br />
<blockquote>Hint: <a href="https://my.server.org/"><b>https://my.server.org/</b></a></blockquote></p>
<hr>
<address>Apache Server at <a href="webmaster@my.server.org">my.server.org</a> Port 443</address>
</body></html>

Error transmitting message
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Access to the logbook works perfectly if I use a web browser. If I can find out how to use the elog command line program to connect to my ELOG server running behind apache+ssl, I think I can change the doelog script to suit my needs. Any help is appreciated.

Johan
  1466   Sun Oct 16 10:33:23 2005 Question Christian Schultcschult@gmx.deQuestionLinux2.6.0beta2Error message: "Attachment #6 of entry #0 not found"
Hi all, I get messages like this

Attachment #16 of entry #0 not found
Please use your browser's back button to go back

always when clicking on an entry in summary or threaded view. I can only read entries when browsing them in full view. How can i fix this?
regards, Christian
  1467   Mon Oct 17 10:18:29 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux2.6.0beta2Re: Error message: "Attachment #6 of entry #0 not found"
> Hi all, I get messages like this
> Attachment #16 of entry #0 not found
> Please use your browser's back button to go back
> always when clicking on an entry in summary or threaded view. 
> I can only read entries when browsing them in full view. How can i fix this?
> regards, Christian

I need some more information. Can you send me your elogd.cfg, and show 
me the URLs your browser displays during your navigation?
  1468   Mon Oct 17 10:20:31 2005 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux2.6.0Re: How to connect to an ELOG server running behind apache+ssl using the elog command line program?

Johan Nyberg wrote:
I need to post a large number of "old" messages to one of my logbooks and I am trying to modify the script doelog (see http://midas.psi.ch/elogs/Contributions/10) to suit my needs. I am using apache + ssl for secure logins to my ELOG server. The doelog script uses the elog utility program, which is useful for posting ELOG messages from scripts or from the command line. My problem is that I cannot talk to my ELOG server with elog.

This is because elog does not support "https" through secure socket layers (SSL). Also elogd does not, that's why you use Apache as your proxy. So the only way for you to use elog is to execute it on the server, where it can directly connect to elogd without going through the ssl layer of Apache.
  1469   Mon Oct 17 11:07:10 2005 Reply Johan Nybergjohan.nyberg@tsl.uu.seQuestionLinux2.6.0Re: How to connect to an ELOG server running behind apache+ssl using the elog command line program?

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Johan Nyberg wrote:

This is because elog does not support "https" through secure socket layers (SSL). Also elogd does not, that's why you use Apache as your proxy. So the only way for you to use elog is to execute it on the server, where it can directly connect to elogd without going through the ssl layer of Apache.

Hi Stefan,

Thanks for your advice. As you say I can add entries using elog to my logbooks if I do it from the server on which elogd runs, in which case ssl and apache are bypassed:

$ elog -h localhost -p 8080 ...

Thanks once again for your excellent software!

Johan
  1470   Tue Oct 18 08:02:44 2005 Reply Christian Schultcschult@gmx.deQuestionLinux2.6.0beta2Re: Error message: "Attachment #6 of entry #0 not found"
> > Hi all, I get messages like this 
> > Attachment #16 of entry #0 not found 
> > Please use your browser's back button to go back 
> > always when clicking on an entry in summary or threaded view.  
> > I can only read entries when browsing them in full view. How can i fix this? 
> > regards, Christian 
>  
> I need some more information. Can you send me your elogd.cfg, and show  
> me the URLs your browser displays during your navigation? 

Well, this is my elog.conf: 

[global] 
logbook tabs = 1 
port = 8081 ; Automatically added in installation. 
Hosts allow = localhost, jazz.cocis.de, 127.0.0.1, 192.168. 
Hosts deny = ALL 
[debian] 
Theme = default 
Comment = debian logbook 
Attributes = Author, Type, Category, Subject 
Required Attributes = Author, Type 
Subst Author = $long_name 
Subst Email = $user_email 
Locked Attributes = Last Revision 
Subst on Edit Last Revision = $date by $long_name 
Options Type = Routine, Software Installation, Problem Fixed, Configuration, Other 
Options Category = General, Hardware, Software, Network, Other 
Page Title = ELOG - $subject 
Reverse sort = 1 
Quick filter = Date, Type 
Password file = /var/lib/elog/elogpasswd.pwd 
Admin user = admin 
Reverse sort = 1 
Restrict edit = 1 
Suppress Email to users = 1 

This is the URL after logging in: 
http://localhost:8081/debian/17?cmd=List&mode=summary 

When i click on one of the entrys, i get thar error message. 
URL: http://localhost:8081/debian/debian/17 

It says: "Attachment #17 of entry #0 not found 
  Please use your browser's back button to go back" 

regards, Christian 
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886