Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 217 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
icon5.gif   javascript?, posted by Tim Schelfhout on Mon Sep 4 11:56:47 2017 
Is there anyone out there who can help me get started using javascript in elog ?  Is there an example somewhere ... i suppose you put the code in
the
scripts folder?
    icon2.gif   Re: edit elog config via elog web interface, posted by Andreas Luedeke on Mon Sep 4 13:08:35 2017 elog_cfg_menu.png
On the right side of "Change password" you should find "Change config file".

But you'll only see this, if the user has admin priviledges defined in the config file: "Admin user = <user>"

icon2.gif   Re: javascript?, posted by Andreas Luedeke on Mon Sep 4 13:19:33 2017 

This logbook, the forum, provides some javascript code. The code is simply referenced in the footer (Bottom text = <file> | <string>).

<link
rel="stylesheet" href="//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/highlight.js/9.6.0/styles/default.min.css"><script
src="//cdnjs.cloudflare.com/ajax/libs/highlight.js/9.6.0/highlight.min.js"></script><script>hljs.initHighlightingOnLoad();</script>

There's
icon5.gif   Format Form, posted by Tim Schelfhout on Mon Oct 2 12:55:18 2017 ELOG_Kandidaten.png
Hello there,

I am trying to format my entry form a little bit more practical and readable. I am struggling with the following:

Numbers should be standard fields of 3 characters and can only be 3 characters wide (doing this by Format Leeftijd=1, css, 3,
    icon2.gif   Re: Format Form, posted by Stefan Ritt on Mon Oct 2 14:58:32 2017 
The way and entry form can be customized is kind of limited in elog. You can use "format <attribute> = ..." to request a certain width,
number of allowed characters and special CSS class (which of course you have to define). If you want a complete custom entry form, have a look here: elog:66909 . This requires however writing your own HTML, CSS and JavaScript.
    icon2.gif   Re: Format Form, posted by Tim Schelfhout on Mon Oct 2 15:20:04 2017 
Thankx 4 the quick reply Stefan.  The link you provided does  not work .... could you point me again in the 
right direction?  Where can I find more info on this ability?

Thankx
    icon2.gif   Re: Format Form, posted by Stefan Ritt on Mon Oct 2 15:53:39 2017 
The link does now work in the email, but if you go to the web interface of the forum it does work.

Anyhow, you can go directly to https://midas.psi.ch/elogs/Forum/66909

Stefan
icon5.gif   Date must be between 1970 and 2037??, posted by Tim Schelfhout on Wed Oct 11 15:55:02 2017 
 Hey there,

Trying to record birthdates in ELOG ... field type being date results in error:

Date must be between 1970 and 2037

Can
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886