Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 217 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Iconup Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  68513   Sun Dec 18 08:51:47 2016 Question Alan Grantagrant@winnipeg.caBug reportWindows3.1.2Elog crashes with null Username

I haven't found any reporterd issues in the forum similar yet, but it appears there is a bug in Elog when logging into logbooks. If I leave Username and Password null and click Submit the daemon crashes. We've been having this problem off and on and after some verbose logging level 3 I was drawn to these recurring lines in the log:

16-Dec-2016 18:20:22 [172.23.113.4] {SER Reports} LOGIN user "" (attempt)
16-Dec-2016 23:15:52 [] Server listening on port 8080 ..
16-Dec-2016 23:18:05 [172.23.113.4] {Daily Request Log} LOGIN user "dmorrison" (attempt)

68517   Wed Dec 21 20:15:19 2016 Question rahul bhandarirbhandari@winnipeg.caInfoWindows3.1.2Elog source code giving errors when compiling about missing header files

I downloaded the source code from the git repository which contained the new fix that was made for the missing username-crash error. I tried compiling the elogd.c file using a GCC compiler and it gave an error about missing header files. It first gave an error about netdb.h file and when I commented that header file call, it gave further errors for other header files. I do not really understand why it gives an error about that.  

68519   Sat Dec 24 10:40:00 2016 Question Andreas Warburtonawarburt@physics.mcgill.caQuestionMac OSX3.1.2elogd crashes during Find and Mirror operations under MacOS

When installing ELOG 3.1.2 on my Mac Sierra (10.12.2) with the latest XCode 8.2.1, it seemed to install fine but for one warning when building elogd:

cc -O3 -funroll-loops -fomit-frame-pointer -W -Wall -Wno-deprecated-declarations -DHAVE_SSL -I /opt/local/include -o elogd 
src/elogd.c crypt.o auth.o regex.o mxml.o  -lssl
src/elogd.c:13840:13: warning: '__builtin___strlcpy_chk' will always overflow
      destination buffer [-Wbuiltin-memcpy-chk-size]
            strlcpy(user_email, user_list[i], NAME_LENGTH);
            ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
/usr/include/secure/_string.h:105:3: note: expanded from macro 'strlcpy'
  __builtin___strlcpy_chk (dest, src, len, __darwin_obsz (dest))
  ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 warning generated.

My installation was done with "sudo make install", as the instructions state.  I have also been using the prescribed "launchctl" approach.

1. Is the above warning something that needs attention/correcting?

2. My elogd crashes now every time that I attempt any kind of "Find" operation.

3. I synchronize my MacOS version of elog with a linux-based version on my university's web server.  I have installed 3.1.2 on the linux server, and it is running there without problems.  When I now try to synchronize my 3.1.2 ELOG on MacOS laptop with the same version on my linux server, it appears to do the first mirroring operation correctly, but elogd crashes when I try a second synchronization at a later time.  (For now, I have "Mirror simulate = 1" to prevent inadvertent damage.)

Can anyone help me with the above points?

Thank you,

Andreas

68520   Mon Jan 2 16:32:18 2017 Question Devrim Esenturkdevrim.esenturk@gmail.comQuestionWindowsV3.1.1-3f311c5Gmail email smtp settings

Hi all

I am trying to send email via Gmail smtp with no success. Elog uses port 25 which is not allowed. I need to use 587 or 465 ports to send mail. How can I change the port?

Have a good year all!

Devrim

68526   Thu Jan 5 12:55:05 2017 Question Xuan Wuwux@ihep.ac.cnQuestionLinux3.1.2How to make two attributes reacting with each other

Hi all,

I have two attributes defined like following

Attributes = Author, Author Email, Icon, Category, System, Subject

ROptions Category = Shift Summary, Report, Reply, Fault, Issue, Resolved, Maintenance

IOptions Icon = icon1.gif, elc_list.png, icon3.gif, icon8.gif, icon4.gif, icon14.gif, elc_anchor.png

Icon comment icon1.gif = Shift Summary
Icon comment icon3.gif = Reply
Icon comment icon4.gif = Issue
Icon comment icon8.gif = Fault
Icon comment icon14.gif = Resolved
Icon comment elc_list.png = Report
Icon comment elc_anchor.png = Maintenance

When the Shift Summary category being selected, I wish the icon1.gif Icon being selected automaticlly, as well as when icon8.gif being selected, Fault category be selected. How can I get this? Any advice or suggestions will be appreciated.

Cheers,

Xuan

68537   Mon Jan 9 15:39:59 2017 Question Lucarimbalzina@gmail.comQuestionLinuxELOG V3.1.1-076UTC time

Dear all,

I am trying to have the elog timestamp in UTC time instead of local time using the following config file but without success. Do you know what I am doing wrong?

Thanks

Luca

Theme = default
Comment = XENON1T LogBook 
Attributes = Subject, Author, Category, Type, Status
Locked Attributes = Author
Required Attributes = Category, Type
Preset Author = $long_name
Preset Submission = $utcdate
Options Category = General, CRY - Cryogenics, PUR - Purification, RSX- ReStoX, DST - Distillation Column, MUV - Muon Veto, TPC - Detector, WTR - Water Tank, RAD - Gas Purity, CAL - Calibration, SCT - Slow Control, SOP - Shiftoperation
Options Type = Software Installation, Hardware Installation, Failure/Problem, Configuration, Authorization, Other, Leak Check, xenon operation, Shared Resources, Log, Alarm Tests, Hardware test
Options Status = Info, Open - in progress, Closed - unsolved, Closed - solved, Other
Cell Style Status Info  = background-color:lightblue
Cell Style Status Closed - solved  = background-color:lightgreen
Cell Style Status Open - in progress  = background-color:yellow
Cell Style Status Closed - unsolved  = background-color:red
Extendable Options = Type
Page Title = ELOG - $subject
Reverse sort = 1
Quick filter = Date, Type, Category

68539   Mon Jan 9 17:15:56 2017 Question Andreas Warburtonawarburt@physics.mcgill.caBug reportMac OSXV3.1.2-edc5e85elogd crashes during SSL Mirror operations involving attachments

My MacOS (10.12.2) elogd version V3.1.2 is a recent git commit (edc5e85), due to the fix to my earlier-described issue solved in the thread here: https://midas.psi.ch/elogs/Forum/68519.

I am trying to (re-)set up Mirror functionality with a linux server running the standard public (V3.1.2-bd75964).  I had initially updated the linux server so that it also had the latest git commit (edc5e85), but could then not even add new logbook entries that involved attachments to it.  I therefore rolled the linux server back to the standard public 3.1.2 version.

On the remote Mac, synchronizations usually look like they are going to work fine, with Mirror simulate = 1 switched on.  After I set Mirror simulate = 0, and if the server and remote logbook are already identical, I *occasionally* get the proper "All Entries Identical" synchronization result.  Unfortunately, this is very rare, and usually there is a failure whereby the remote (Mac) logbook decides that a significant fraction of its entries (usually sequential, from some seemingly random entry all the way up to the last entry) are missing on the linux server and need to be submitted back to the server from the remote Mac.

When the local and remote logbooks are not identical, and a record in need of synchronization contains an attachment, there is again destructive behaviour similar to that described above, except that the Mac elogd executable usually crashes.  (As in the case of the already-identical synchronizations described above, I only tested this after observing the correct expected behaviour first with Mirror simulate = 1.)

I'd be grateful for some help/suggestions.  My current testing suggests that my problems are likely not elog-content dependent.  (The logbook now undergoing synching has less than 10 entries in it.)

More generally, the issue of having things behave fine with Mirror simulate = 1, but then experiencing corruption/damage when switching to Mirror simulate = 0 seems serious to me.

Many thanks, Andreas

68550   Wed Jan 18 05:25:44 2017 Question Lucarimbalzina@gmail.comQuestionLinuxELOG V3.1.1-"No SMTP host defined in [global] section of configuration file"

Hi,

I started re-using after a month an elog on my linux machine and, without any apparent reason since I did not used the machine at all in the last month, every time I try to submit a post I get the following error

"No SMTP host defined in [global] section of configuration file".

The weird thing is that today I created a new logbook using the previous one as a template and, on the new one, I can post without problem (although the configuration is identical).

Do you know what could be causing this?

Thnaks

R

ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886