Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 219 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Iconup Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  68600   Tue Apr 11 22:44:40 2017 Question Andreas Luedekeandreas.luedeke@psi.chQuestionWindows3.1.2-7933898Re: rename menu commands

Hm, maybe my question is silly, but why don't you just use the "Duplicate" command instead of renaming and misusing "Copy to"??

Here is the relevant excerpt from the documentation (https://midas.psi.ch/elog/config.html#general):

Menu commands = <list>
This option specifies the menu commands displayed on top of a single logbook page. For certain installations, it can be useful to disable some commands. Following commands are possible:

• New - Enter new logbook entry
  • Edit - Edit current logbook entry
  • Delete - Delete current logbook entry
  • Reply - Submit a reply to current entry
  • Duplicate - Duplicate the current entry with the possibility to change some values
  • [...]
  • Copy to - Copy entry to other logbook
  • [...]

The commands are always in English, independent of the language = ... setting, and are automatically translated into the specified language.
If this option is not present, following default is used:

Menu commands = List, New, Edit, Delete, Reply, Duplicate, Find, Config, Help
Francois Cloutier wrote:

Hi !

I do have an setup were I would like to rename the menu command but keeping their fonction. Namely, I would like to rename the "copy to" button to "Duplicate" since thats the option I would like to put in place ( Copy to = Same logbook only).

I tried to do so with css but it is not possible since the button doesn't have a specific id... Would you have another solution ? 

Thanks for your help !

68603   Thu Apr 20 12:45:11 2017 Question Kp1454477@mvrht.comQuestionLinux2.9.2Full anonymous access

How can i configure eLog to be used completely anonymous without the need to log in?

I tried menu and guest menu settings without luck. I do not use password files. With earlier versions this was easy to set up...

Thanks in advance

68614   Thu Apr 27 22:21:03 2017 Question Alan Grantagrant@winnipeg.caQuestionWindows3.1.2Limiting search data

I'm aware there is the "Show Last Default" setting for the Find page but is there (or can there PLEASE be) a similar setting for the Period filter on the List page? Our users routinely use the Quick Filters instead and it bogs down the system because we have lots of logbooks. Many thanks.

68629   Sat Jun 10 07:05:24 2017 Question Erkcan Ozcanerkcan@gmail.comBug reportLinuxV3.1.3-aded4aeServer dropping SSL connection while uploading large files

Hi,

I am having trouble with uploading large (>0.5MB) files to elog. We click on upload and in a couple of seconds, the webbrowser complains that the server has dropped the connection.

Following the suggestions I found on these forums (https://midas.psi.ch/elogs/Forum/66753), I increased the timeout.tv_sec to 30 in three locations in elogd.c, but this did not help.

The problem is present in my old elog installation (from ~2 years ago), as well as the latest git snapshot from bitbucket that I cloned on June 10, 2017.

PS: Upload seems to work for non-secure configuration. It still takes a while to load, but it completes. However we prefer to use secure connections ( SSL = 1 ).
PS: Using nmap I looked at the latency to the relevant port, it can be as high as 0.5sec, but most often it is shorter.

Cheers,
e.

68630   Mon Jun 19 07:48:49 2017 Question Niklas Hoglundniklas@hoglund.pp.seQuestionWindows3.1.3Is it possible to generate a table of contents based on h1/h2/h3 HTML tags?

Is it possible to generate a table of contents based on h1/h2/h3 HTML tags?

Example:

toc()

< h1>test
< h2>test1
< h1>test2
< h2>test3
< h1>test4
< h2>test5

Results in:

1. test
1.1 test1
2. test2
2.1 test3
3. test4
3.1 test5

...the text...
  68637   Fri Jul 14 13:11:48 2017 Question Daniel Sajdykdaniel.sajdyk@gmail.comInfoWindowslatestVirus in latest elog?

Hello.

Today I wanted to download latest elog version, and got information from Eset Endpoint Antyvirus, that downloaded file has trojan horse "Generic.GQWFFXB".

It this false positive alarm?

Daniel

Attachment 1: elog.png
elog.png
  68638   Fri Jul 14 13:18:30 2017 Question Daniel Sajdykdaniel.sajdyk@gmail.comQuestionWindowsELOG V3.1.2-bd7Weird behaviour of category filter

Hello.

Today I noticed that when I use category filter in the top, right of Elog I got different results, that depends on that if I select Category and Subcategory or just Subcategory option.

What I mean.

1. When I select category Software (in Polish "Oprogramowanie") and subcategory Antywirus I got results that have only this subcategory specified (screenshot Category-Software_and_Subcategory-Antywirus.png)
  2. But when I write by myself Antywirus (which is subcategory of Software) in subcategory option (category leave as default), then I got results that have this, and other subcategories specified (screenshot Subcategory-Antivirus.png). 

In my opinion in first example Elog shoud also displays all entries that have Antywirus subcategory specified. Not only when it is the only subcategory.

Sorry, for my english, but I have hope that you can understand what I mean.

Daniel

Attachment 1: Category-Software_and_Subcategory-Antywirus.png
Category-Software_and_Subcategory-Antywirus.png
Attachment 2: Subcategory-Antivirus.png
Subcategory-Antivirus.png
  68640   Fri Jul 14 19:26:06 2017 Question Phil Rubinrubinp@cern.chQuestionLinux2.9.2Email Notification (Not) Initiated by elog Client Utility

Our configuration sends out e-mail notifications based on a hierarchy of attributes, and works fine with WEB submissions, but not with client utility submissions (no notifications are sent; the log doesn't show it even trying to send any: 14-Jul-2017 18:36:01 [rubinp@nn.nn.nn.nn] {Notebook} NEW entry #0) .  Since notification is the default (suppression requires -x), I presume there is something wrong with the way we're going about this.  Can you see what it is?  Could it be the parentheses in the type Problem(s), which have to be sent at the shell in the client command as Type=Problem\(s\)?

[global]

Suppress Email to users = 1

[Notebook]

Attributes = Author, Type, Category, Subject
Options Type = Routine{1}, Problem(s){2}, Other{3}
Options Category = ... TDAQ ...

{1} Email Category TDAQ =
{2} Email Category TDAQ = user1@aa.bb, user2@cc.dd,...

{3} Email Category TDAQ =

Use Email Subject = Elog Notice: $subject

Command:  /usr/local/bin/elog -h host -p port -l Notebook -u user passwd -a Author="Author" -a Type=Type -a Category=Category -a Subject="subject" "text"

ELOG V3.1.5-fe60aaf