Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 220 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Iconup Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  68647   Thu Jul 20 18:38:20 2017 Question Michael Ciancimcianci@lhs.orgQuestionWindowsv2 9.2-2475Password Protect Delete

We don't use a password file but would like to password protect (Admin only) the DELETE function in the MENU     Thank You

68649   Fri Jul 21 15:24:33 2017 Question Devrim Esenturkdevrim.esenturk@gmail.comQuestionWindowsLatestConditional attribute activation

I have a stock database running latest elog version on windows. I am reserving some products which not been sent to customer mistakenly and using value "reserved" for it. But I need another attribute for comment reason of reserving but this attribute must be activated when reserved value selected. Is this possible? I didn't see any option for this at admin guide.

Thank you

68651   Sun Jul 30 07:39:23 2017 Question Gerardo Abihagglegabihaggle@gmail.comQuestionWindows3.1.3-fd7Enable LDAP on Windows

Hi All,

I'm running ELOG on a Windows machine and I would like to use LDAP for Authentication, however to achive this I need to compile elog. Any advice on how to do that on Windows?

Thanks!

68653   Fri Aug 18 05:28:16 2017 Question Alan Grantagrant@winnipeg.caQuestionWindows3.1.2elogd hangs

I have a very long standing problem with elog over the last few versions where almost daily the service will hang. Cannot even Restart elogd, that just hangs. Clients experience Page not Found. I can only get the service reinitialized by rebooting the VM machine. I have Elog verbose logging On plus a number of external triage monitors running but nothing is yielding clues beyond the precise time the hang occurs. Aside from providing the Config and log files what else can I provide for you to assist, and what other triage measures can you suggest I try? FYI, there can be up to 20 users at one time doing searches (not updates), and I've trimmed the depth of log files that can be searched so that the CPU/service doesn't bog down but that hasn't helped either. Inserts happen in the background using the elog client app (about 2 or 3 inserts per batch at sporadic times).

68662   Sun Aug 20 10:07:57 2017 Question Satyajit Jenasatya.ino@gmail.comRequestLinuxELOG V3.1.3-228Sharing logbooks among "Top Groups"

Hi,

I am currently trying to configuring elog top groups, which are supposed to separate from each other. However, I would like to have a common logbook that should be visible in each group. Is there a way to share logbooks among Top Groups for example

Top Group Electronics = Elec1, Elec_EEE, Ele2

Top Group Processing  = P_AA1, PPP2, Elec_EEE

Top Group Monitoring = Mon1, Mon2, Mon3, Mon4

Top Group Data = Data1, PPP2, Data2

I would like logbook to be viewed:

• Electronics:
    • Elec1
    • Elec_EEE
    • Ele2
  • Processing:
    • P_AA1
    • PPP2
    • Elec_EEE
  • Monitoring:
    • Mon1
    • Mon2
    • Mon3
    • Mon4
  • Data:
    • Data1
    • PPP2
    • Data2
    • Mon3
    • Mon4

Could you please suggest me if it is possible to set in this way (Color codes t show the common sharing).

Many thanks and regards,

satyajit

68666   Mon Aug 21 11:22:09 2017 Question Andreas Luedekeandreas.luedeke@psi.chBug reportLinux3.1.3-aded4aeProblems with german_UTF8 language

Hi Stefan,

since recently (a few weeks) ELOG confuses the language translations.
Individual language strings are translated into garbage; most other strings are fine.
Currently I see the string "please select" translated into "ressed" (see attached picture), instead of what's written correctly in the language file "bitte auswählen".
But with every restart the corrupted strings vary: other strings are affected and other garbage strings are shown - some of them unreadable binary code (see Attachment 2).
I have the same version running in English: I see no problems there.
Kind regards

Andreas

Attachment 1: elog_lang_bug.png
elog_lang_bug.png
Attachment 2: elog_lang_config_bug.png
elog_lang_config_bug.png
  68669   Mon Aug 21 14:27:50 2017 Question Andreas Luedekeandreas.luedeke@psi.chRequestAllV3.1.3-aded4aeCSS reference in Email for private logbooks
We operate ELOG in an intranet. Many logbooks do send out emails; several use HTML content formatting.
If I watch HTML formatted emails from the intranet, then everything is fine.
If I try to read them from home, my email client hangs when it tries to read the CSS file from out intranet (URL: https://elog-gfa.psi.ch/SLS/elog.css).
Is there a way to set a URL for the email CSS?
Then I could simply copy the CSS file to the internet accessible location and the emails would be properly formatted in the intranet and from home.

I've tried to use "Use Email URL = ", but it turned out that this will change all base URL's in the email BUT the one in the CSS :-(
So I would need a config "Email CSS URL = " to set this.

Here is a patch that does what I want, but it might have some side-effects I'm not yet aware of:
7636,7643c7636,7638
<    if (absolute_link) {
<       if (lbs != NULL && getcfg(lbs->name, "Email CSS URL", str, sizeof(str)))
<          strlcpy(css_base, str, sizeof(css_base));
<       else if (lbs == NULL && getcfg("global", "Email CSS URL", str, sizeof(str)))
<          strlcpy(css_base, str, sizeof(css_base));
<       if (css_base[0] == 0)
<         compose_base_url(lbs, css_base, sizeof(css_base), FALSE);
<    } else
---
>    if (absolute_link)
>       compose_base_url(lbs, css_base, sizeof(css_base), FALSE);
>    else

Cheers
Andreas
  68670   Tue Aug 22 14:19:43 2017 Question Richard Stamperrichard.stamper@stfc.ac.ukQuestionWindows3.1.2HTML in attribute values

When one has "Allow HTML = 1" to permit HTML in attribute values, is it only a subset of HTML that is rendered?

I find that <br> and <a href="..."> tags are properly rendered, for example, but lists with <ol> and <ul> are not.

ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886