Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 221 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
New entries since:Thu Jan 1 01:00:00 1970
    icon2.gif   Re: compiling elog 2.6.1 on solaris platform, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Feb 10 13:58:17 2006 
[quote="Steve Jones"]Stefan, I found the following "forkpty()" replacement for running under Solaris.[/quote]

Ok, I put your code into the current SVN revision (1656). Unfortunately I cannot try it due to the lack of a Sun. Maybe you can try and tell me if it's
    icon2.gif   Re: compiling elog 2.6.1 on solaris platform, posted by Steve Jones on Fri Feb 10 17:22:36 2006 
[quote="Stefan Ritt"][quote="Steve Jones"]Stefan, I found the following "forkpty()" replacement for running under Solaris.[/quote]

Ok, I put your code into the current SVN revision (1656). Unfortunately I cannot try it due to the lack of a Sun. Maybe you can try and tell me if it's
    icon2.gif   Re: compiling elog 2.6.1 on solaris platform, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Feb 10 17:29:03 2006 
[quote="Steve Jones"]Actually, what I will be delivering is a new Makefile with conditional compile statements plus the C code module since the example
that I provided need some cleaning.  Since I don't have a Linux system on which to test the conditional compile completely I would need you to do that.
 Sound ok?
    icon2.gif   Re: compiling elog 2.6.1 on solaris platform, posted by Steve Jones on Fri Feb 10 20:24:56 2006 
[quote="Stefan Ritt"][quote="Steve Jones"]Actually, what I will be delivering is a new Makefile with conditional compile statements plus the C code module
since the example that I provided need some cleaning.  Since I don't have a Linux system on which to test the conditional compile completely I would need
you to do that.  Sound ok?
    icon2.gif   Re: compiling elog 2.6.1 on solaris platform, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Feb 10 20:29:12 2006 
[quote="Steve Jones"]Ok, I see what you did.   I took a different route since I was not sure how the gnu linker would handle the fact that there would be
two declarations of the forkpty() function when compiled and linked under Linux.  Instead, I created a separate forkpty.c module and compiled it separately.
 Then, if "solaris", link it in.  Otherwise, use library "util" which already has forkpty().
    icon2.gif   Re: compiling elog 2.6.1 on solaris platform, posted by Steve Jones on Fri Feb 10 21:52:35 2006 
[quote="Stefan Ritt"][quote="Steve Jones"]Ok, I see what you did.   I took a different route since I was not sure how the gnu linker would handle the fact
that there would be two declarations of the forkpty() function when compiled and linked under Linux.  Instead, I created a separate forkpty.c module and
compiled it separately.  Then, if "solaris", link it in.  Otherwise, use library "util" which already has forkpty().
    icon2.gif   Re: compiling elog 2.6.1 on solaris platform, posted by Steve Jones on Fri Feb 10 22:31:38 2006 
[quote="Steve Jones"][quote="Stefan Ritt"][quote="Steve Jones"]Ok, I see what you did.   I took a different route since I was not sure how the gnu linker
would handle the fact that there would be two declarations of the forkpty() function when compiled and linked under Linux.  Instead, I created a separate
forkpty.c module and compiled it separately.  Then, if "solaris", link it in.  Otherwise, use library "util" which already has forkpty().
    icon2.gif   Re: compiling elog 2.6.1 on solaris platform, posted by Stefan Ritt on Fri Feb 10 22:35:20 2006 
[quote="Steve Jones"]BTW, Stefan, this code in Makefile does not work on Solaris
[code]
OSTYPE = $(shell uname)
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886