Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 226 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
    icon2.gif   Re: Turn off smileys?, posted by Stefan Ritt on Tue Oct 10 09:00:08 2006 
[quote="Ben Shepherd"]Can we please have an option to turn off the thing that changes smileys automatically into
pictures?[/quote]
    icon2.gif   Re: Turn off smileys?, posted by Stefan Ritt on Tue Oct 10 11:27:30 2006 
[quote="Ben Shepherd"][quote="Stefan Ritt"]
[LIST]
[*] Submit your entry in plain mode (insted of ELCode) 
    icon2.gif   Re: Turn off smileys?, posted by Stefan Ritt on Tue Oct 10 11:45:22 2006 
[quote="Ben Shepherd"][quote="Stefan Ritt"]
I agree that the [b]?)[/b] smiley is annoying, so I changed it to [b]\?-)[/b] which should prevent it from showing up in questions in brackets. I updated
this server (you can see the effect above), the modification is committed to subversion.[/quote]
    icon2.gif   Re: Append option for elog.exe, posted by Stefan Ritt on Tue Oct 10 11:47:41 2006 
[quote="Ben Shepherd"]I think you misunderstand me. I was asking whether it would be possible for the elog command-line client program to have an "append
to existing entry" option.[/quote]
icon2.gif   Re: 'Inline' button for attachments, posted by Stefan Ritt on Tue Oct 10 16:09:12 2006 img.jpg
[quote="Ben Shepherd"]Hi,

It would be good if when you uploaded an image as an attachment, there was a button next to it that pasted the code [code][img]elog:1972/1[/img][/code]
    icon2.gif   Re: SVN1723 (was SVN1714) will not run in 'daemon" mode on Solaris8, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Oct 11 08:18:14 2006 
[quote="Steve Jones"]There are also strange system calls that differ, and I thought it might be due to the setuid(60001) -nobody- but the the non-daemn
mode also sets to nobody and works fine.[/QUOTE]
    icon2.gif   Re: Elog v2.6.2-1722 appears to have broken "Suppress default [0|1|2|3]" option on Windows XP box, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Oct 11 11:47:29 2006 
[quote="Gregory M. Caughey"]2.) However, email notifications will be sent under all circumstances regardless of which parameter selected.[/quote]

Thanks for reporting that problem. I just implemented [b]Suppress email on edit[/b] and this could have had some side effect. I tried however to reproduce
    icon2.gif   Re: Turn off smileys?, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Oct 11 16:08:04 2006 
[quote="Yoshio Imai"]Other suggestion: What about going the other way round and making this [CODE]\?)[/CODE] the smiley and this [CODE]?)[/CODE] the usual
question in brackets? If there was a special sequence to announce the unusual case (i.e. the smiley), I think less people would complain about having unwanted
conversions ...[/quote]
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886