Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 228 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
    icon2.gif   Re: Reverse proxy of Elog using Docker and Nginx?, posted by Andrew Wade on Fri Aug 17 22:07:41 2018 
Yes, I tried setting the URL parameter to the url used by the proxy.  It goes to the correct address but that landing is the login page.

Andrew

Stefan
    icon2.gif   Re: Reverse proxy of Elog using Docker and Nginx?, posted by Stefan Ritt on Mon Aug 20 12:42:24 2018 
Actually this forum works through an Apache reverse proxy with authentication and it works, so I suspect that the problem has to do with jwilder/nginx-proxy.
Since we don't have this here, all I can propose is that you do debugging yourself. Run elogd with the -v flag so that you see all requests coming
from the user through the proxy. Compare the requests through Apache and Nginx to see if any argumets are stripped or mangled. Upon successful login, elog
    icon2.gif   Re: Reverse proxy of Elog using Docker and Nginx?, posted by Andrew Wade on Tue Aug 28 23:38:55 2018 
It does indeed seem to be a cookie stripping issue.  I just need to figure out how to get Nginx to forward these properly.

Thanks for the help.

Stefan
icon4.gif   Need to change port 25, posted by Yanick Vachon on Mon Nov 26 17:32:31 2018 
Hi,

We've made changes in our network and now we have to use port 587 instead of port 25, how can i edit that parameter?

Thanks
    icon2.gif   Re: Need to change port 25, posted by Andreas Luedeke on Tue Nov 27 08:19:11 2018 
This is nicely explained in the documentation: https://elog.psi.ch/elog/config.html#global

The following options are specific to the [global]
section:

Port = <port>
    icon2.gif   Re: Need to change port 25, posted by Stefan Ritt on Tue Nov 27 08:59:45 2018 
I believe Yanick means the SMTP port, not the port under which elogd is listening. The SMPT port is hard wired to 25, because port 587 was not yet defiend
when I wrote that code. I can make this a variable, but only if it works. So Yanick can you test if port 587 accepts normal SMTP commands? We don't
have such a new server at our lab and I cannot test it. Under Windows you can open a command prompt and telnet to the mail server:
    icon2.gif   Re: Need to change port 25, posted by Yanick Vachon on Tue Nov 27 15:21:31 2018 Port_587.png
I Stefan, it works with the 587 port.

icon4.gif   French Language, posted by Yanick Vachon on Tue Nov 27 20:06:17 2018 
Hi,

When i set Language = French in global config it works in french until i logout, after i can't login anymore, even if i enter my user and
password i always stay at the login window, the only way to login again is to edit the Elogd.cfg file in Elog directory, remove the Language = french and
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886