Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 229 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
    icon2.gif   Re: Push button for Menue Command, posted by Stefan Ritt on Tue Nov 7 08:38:57 2006 
[quote="An Thai"]Dear Stefan,

in your documentation: ELOG - Syntax of elog.cfg I see two screenshots in the Themes section. The left one shows a layout with Push buttons on the Menue
    icon2.gif   Re: Bug? Password file location changed, posted by Stefan Ritt on Tue Nov 7 09:22:52 2006 
[quote="David Spindler"]Thanks. I checked the changelog and the documentation for any such changes but did not see them. I just looked again, and still
do not see them. Anyway, I know what to expect, now, and will adjust. Again, thanks![/quote]
    icon2.gif   Re: checkbox, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Nov 8 07:59:01 2006 
[quote="deletoille"]I found a small Bug when I create an entry. I activate a checkbox (attachement1) but when I upload a file, the activation disappears
(attachement 2).  I have to activate again the checkbox. 
Is it something I can do?[/quote]
    icon2.gif   SVN1723-overiding logbook directory causes eLog to bomb when going into daemon mode (was SVN1714 will not run in 'daemon" mode on Solaris8), posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Nov 8 08:20:34 2006 
[quote="Steve Jones"]BUG: In the initial comment section of elogd_fancy.cfg the line [CODE]# This [global] section contains settings common to all logbooks[/CODE]
is not parsed correctly as a comment and the embedded [global] is picked up and confuses elogd, eg., elogd will not pickup the port=8080 option.  Taking
"[global]" out of the comment restores fucntionality.  I recommend checking to make sure that the config file checking routine ignores *entire* lines starting
    icon2.gif   SVN1723-overiding logbook directory causes eLog to bomb when going into daemon mode, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Nov 8 13:07:31 2006 
[quote="Steve Jones"]Very weird. No, I did not try an absolute path - but I did notice the attempt to "cd /" in the truss output.  In fact, it was immediately
after that "cd /" test that things appeared to start not working - basically, elogd could not find anything.[/quote]
icon3.gif   Denial of Service Vulnerability of elog 2.6.2-6, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Nov 8 13:59:52 2006 
Dear ELOG users,

a denial of service vulnerability has been reported which affects all elog versions prior to 2.6.2-7. With a special request one can crash the elogd server,
    icon2.gif   Re: Conditional Email Notification by a text file, posted by Stefan Ritt on Thu Nov 9 20:45:32 2006 
[quote="Steve Jones"][quote="An Thai"][quote="Steve Jones"][quote="An Thai"]Hello,

I try to email by using a email text file to reduce the admin work.
    icon2.gif   Re: calling a shell in the Options tag, posted by Stefan Ritt on Thu Nov 9 20:59:01 2006 
[quote="Alexandre Lindote"]Hi,

is it possible to run a shell script in an "Options" tag, as it is with the "Preset", "Subst", and so on?
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886