Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 717 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subjectdown
  438   Thu Oct 23 13:59:54 2003 Question Robert Keeneybrassrlk@yahoo.comQuestionLinux2.3.9Groups on the first page
I would very much like to list groups instead of the individual logs on the
firs page you see after login.

Is there a way to do this? 
  66114   Sun Dec 14 17:04:24 2008 Question mike ciancimike2.cianci@comcast.netQuestionWindows2.7.5-2140Grouping Logbooks

I really appreciate your help and I hope that my questions warrant your time.

What I am trying to accomplish is two totally separate groups of logbooks that share a common logbook.

Three logbooks

Logbook A

Logbook B

Logbook C (just informational, write protected)

Two Groups

Top Group 1 = Logbook A, Logbook C

Top Group 2 = Logbook B, Logbook C

What is happening is everything looks good until you try to enter Logbook C from Group 1. You end up in Logbook C (the right logbook) but you are now in Group 2.

Actual Code:

;Groupings
Top Group Central = Centaur, On-LineHelps
Top Group Good Sam = GSH, On-LineHelps

2111   Sat Jan 13 17:47:45 2007 Smile Exaos LeeExaos.Lee@gmail.comRequestAll Group definition under top group
Hi, I think, if we can put the "Group xxx = xxx" under some "global xxxx" sections, the configure file will be more clean. Don't you think so? In fact, if the "Group XXX" sections are put under "global XXX" section, the "Top Group XXX" can be ignored. I also found that some options (e.g. "Logbook dir =") under "global" don't work under "global XXX".
Maybe the configure file can be defined more flexible, such as this way:
[global]
Port = 8080
Top configuration = yes

[global Group1]
Group config = group1.cfg

[global Group2]
Group config = group2.cfg
The "group1.cfg" looks like this:
[global]
Top configuration = no
Password file = group1.pwd
Group Linux PCs = Red Hat, Debian, Gentoo
Group Windows PCs = 98, ME, XP, Vista
Group Vista = Home, Pro, Media Center

[Red Hat]
  65955   Mon Aug 25 17:23:22 2008 Question Davide Salomonidsalomoni@gmail.comQuestionLinux Grabbing user name from SSL user certificate

With SSL enabled, I'd like to to grab the CN (Common Name) of the user certificate and use that as login authentication method.

I am thinking of the following scenario:

- users with read & write privileges need to have an SSL certificate loaded in their browser. The "Author" field will be pre-set to the CN of the user certificate.

- authorization may be subject to further granularity (e.g. only allow users whose certificate belongs to a certain organization)

- read-only, guest access (without certificate) may or may not be allowed

Is there a way to do that?

67480   Fri Apr 26 19:00:07 2013 Idea Garret Delarondegarret.delaronde@gmail.comQuestionWindows2.9.2Google Places API AutoComplete

G'day everyone.

Looking for some input on this idea.

I work for an organization which uses elog extensively for day to day operations.

In several of our logbooks we use a "location" attribute where we would enter an address or intersection.

I am working with the google places api and am able to create the auto complete form in a separate html page, but am interested if anyone has a good direction how i could change the input box into the google map autocomplete search box.

I have the code already for the api search box. but when i add it to the config it doesn't really do anything different.

Attached is the html file i setup with the api code.

the autocomplete works great, now i just want it to work in elog.

Any help is much appreciated!

And perhaps the Elog Powers that be might be interested in making it a function down the road? :)

Attachment 1: Test_Search.html
  66134   Wed Jan 7 19:54:18 2009 Question kyoojosh@newgistics.comBug reportWindows2.7.5-2130Google Chrome issues

I use Google Chrome for web browsing these days..  I've had serious issues with surfing some of the pages of our ELOG V2.7.5-2130 site.  For instance, I can surf directly to our url to create a new entry (http://changelog.company.com/Company+IT+Change+Log/?cmd=New) and see the page just fine.  But when I click on the header to go back to the main page (http://changelog.company.com/Company+IT+Change+Log/) I end up with this error:

This webpage is not available.

The webpage at http://changelog.company.com/Company+IT+Change+Log/ might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

Below is the original error message
Error 320 (net::ERR_INVALID_RESPONSE): Unknown error.

But when I visit the DEMO elog site (http://midas.psi.ch/elogs/Linux%20Demo/) it pulls right up just fine..  My site also works in IE without problems.

Any ideas?  I run our ELOG on windows server.. maybe that has something to do with it..

68520   Mon Jan 2 16:32:18 2017 Question Devrim Esenturkdevrim.esenturk@gmail.comQuestionWindowsV3.1.1-3f311c5Gmail email smtp settings

Hi all

I am trying to send email via Gmail smtp with no success. Elog uses port 25 which is not allowed. I need to use 587 or 465 ports to send mail. How can I change the port?

Have a good year all!

Devrim

523   Thu Apr 8 15:05:43 2004 Question Bertram Metzbmetz@sbs.comQuestionWindows2.5.2Global password file together with guest account
Hello,

is it possible to have an guest account together with a global password file?

I tried to put the password file statement into the global section of
elogd.cfg. But in this case every user must login and it is not possible to
have a read only guest account. 
But if I put the password file statemnet into the logbook sections, it is
possible to access the logbooks in read-only mode without logging in. The
drawback of this solution is, that you have to login into every logbook
seperately.

Bertram
Attachment 1: elogd.cfg
[global]
Port = 8080
Logfile = elogd.log