Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 718 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
New entries since:Thu Jan 1 01:00:00 1970
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Versionup Subject
  2150   Thu Mar 1 22:19:22 2007 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportWindowsV2.6.3-176Re: Bug

Robert-Jan Schrijvers wrote:
when i was editting my Admin file, by mistake i typed the next line:

[a}Options Sessies = p-zis-pr1{1}, p-szh-pro{2}, p-dia-pro{3}, a-zis-ac1{1}, a-zis-ac2{2}, a-dia-acc{3}, ---------------------, Anders
{b} Options Sessies = FSC Pro{4}, FSC Acc{4}, Risc/Bus/Sms Pro{5}, Risc/Bus/Sms Acc{5}, ---------------------, Anders
{c} Options Sessies = BAO, BEH, BAOMPSO, BEHMPSO, Demonstrator, AFS, PTG, BSN, ---------------------, Anders
{d} Options Sessies = Wijziging, Storing

the next thing happened was that eLog created a new log which wasn't editable at all, the only thing i could do was deleting it (i created a monster...;-)
The first line/rule with the [ become the title, all other entries in the Admin file were used as a new Admin file.

You shot yourself in the foot Wink

I agree that a clever syntax check on the config file would be nice, but it's very hard to imagine how many mistakes humans (including myself) can do, I would probably never catch all possible wrong cases. Giving my limited time, I will more work on new features and kindly ask you to be a bit careful in what you enter. I'm absolutely sure you will never make this mistake again Big grin
  2151   Thu Mar 1 22:36:01 2007 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionWindowsV2.6.3-176Re: Finding conditions in Search page.

This is my question: when i use the "search/find" page and select the first drop down menu "Locatie", the next field "Sessies" will not be displayed (and all following fields either). On the other hand, when i create a new entry, it works perfect, select "Locatie", field "Sessies" displays his content and so on. I hope that someone can help me with this.

This was never meant to work like that. On the find page, conditional attributes are not evaluated for following reason: Assume you want to search for Orgus = ZGN. Currently you simply type ZGN in the Orgus field and you're done. With drop down lists, you first would have to select Locatie = extern, then Sessies = Risc/Bus/Sms Pro, and only then you could select Orgus = ZGN. That would require three steps. Technically it's however possible to implement what you want, but I would wait until more people request this.
  2152   Fri Mar 2 09:40:28 2007 Agree Robert-Jan SchrijversRobert-Jan.Schrijvers@isoft.nlQuestionWindowsV2.6.3-176Re: Finding conditions in Search page.

Stefan Ritt wrote:

This is my question: when i use the "search/find" page and select the first drop down menu "Locatie", the next field "Sessies" will not be displayed (and all following fields either). On the other hand, when i create a new entry, it works perfect, select "Locatie", field "Sessies" displays his content and so on. I hope that someone can help me with this.

This was never meant to work like that. On the find page, conditional attributes are not evaluated for following reason: Assume you want to search for Orgus = ZGN. Currently you simply type ZGN in the Orgus field and you're done. With drop down lists, you first would have to select Locatie = extern, then Sessies = Risc/Bus/Sms Pro, and only then you could select Orgus = ZGN. That would require three steps. Technically it's however possible to implement what you want, but I would wait until more people request this.

Hi Stefan,
tnx for the quick reply/feedback, i'm just a newbee in eLog, but working with it is a nice challenge and gives much pleasure for me and my colleagues. Tnx again and have a nice weekend!
  2128   Tue Feb 13 15:57:25 2007 Question bobbobgrang@yahoo.frQuestionLinux | WindowsV2.6.3-177About Extendable
Hi,

I have a problem and I do not understand why

my config is

"
{tdl} Show Attributes = De, He, Auteur, Ten, TDL
{tdl} Options TDL = de, fr, gt
{tdl} Extendable Options = TDL
"

I play with {tdl}, i add TDL (toto),

and after that, i open my config:

"{tdl} Show Attributes = De, He, Auteur, Ten, TDL
{tdl} Options TDL = de, fr, gt, toto, toto
"
And my preview is wrong !!

why 2 * toto thus?

thanks a lot

Bob
  2134   Wed Feb 14 16:46:27 2007 Question bobbobgrang@yahoo.frQuestionLinux | WindowsV2.6.3-177Required and {}
Hi,
I still have a question,

is it possible to use : Required and {}

here my program :"
{run} Required Attributes = Date evenement, Heure evenement, ...
{run} Show Attributes = Date evenement, Heure evenement, ...
{etuvage & ANS} Required Attributes = Date evenement, Heure evenement, ...
{etuvage & ANS} Show Attributes = Date evenement, Heure evenement, ...
"
generally, can one handle "Required" and "{}" or "{ , }", ...

in any case for me, that does not go
this is normal ??

Thanks
Bob
  2137   Fri Feb 16 17:01:45 2007 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux | WindowsV2.6.3-177Re: About Extendable

bob wrote:
Hi,

I have a problem and I do not understand why

my config is

"
{tdl} Show Attributes = De, He, Auteur, Ten, TDL
{tdl} Options TDL = de, fr, gt
"

I play with {tdl}, i add TDL (toto),

and after that, i open my config:

"{tdl} Show Attributes = De, He, Auteur, Ten, TDL
{tdl} Options TDL = de, fr, gt, toto, toto
"
And my preview is wrong !!

why 2 * toto thus?

thanks a lot

Bob

I tried it myself and did not get two "toto"'s. Maybe you hit "Submit" twice or so? One thing I would recommend however is not to name an attribute "TDL" and a condition {tdl} the same. And also make sure you have the newest version of elog. I remember there was once a problem with the "Preview" button adding extended attributes more than once.
  2139   Fri Feb 16 17:19:30 2007 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionLinux | WindowsV2.6.3-177Re: Required and {}

bob wrote:

For simple configuration files, that should work. If I have for example:
Attributes = Author, Type, Category, Subject
Options Type = Routine{r}, Software Installation{s}, Problem Fixed{p}, Configuration, Other

{r} Required Attributes = Author

Then the attributes "Author" is only required if "Type" equals "Routine".
  2142   Mon Feb 19 20:46:39 2007 Reply bobbobgrang@yahoo.frQuestionLinux | WindowsV2.6.3-177Re: Required and {}

Stefan Ritt wrote:

bob wrote:

For simple configuration files, that should work. If I have for example:
Attributes = Author, Type, Category, Subject
Options Type = Routine{r}, Software Installation{s}, Problem Fixed{p}, Configuration, Other

{r} Required Attributes = Author

Then the attributes "Author" is only required if "Type" equals "Routine".

you are right, I try to re-examine my configuration and I will say to you
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886