Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 725 of 801  Not logged in ELOG logo
New entries since:Thu Jan 1 01:00:00 1970
icon3.gif   Subdirectories in logbooks, posted by pavel on Sat Nov 9 22:44:23 2019 

Hello, Is there any way to organize logbooks in some kind of tree with sublogbooks or just have a subdirectories in a logbook directory on the filesystem (treat it as a sublogbook if its name is different from 4 digits of year and pin above all the entries in a list) to structure entires a bit?

icon3.gif   Example scripts how to migrate or combine logbooks, posted by Roger Kalt on Mon Nov 18 16:58:21 2019 run_modif.shgenerate_import_llrf_fwd.sh

Attached the shell scripts using awk and sed how I have migrated two separated logbooks into one single and how I re-adjusted certain attributes.

icon3.gif   ELOG Null Pointer Dereference Denial-of-Service Vulnerability, posted by Stefan Ritt on Wed Feb 12 13:19:31 2020 

An ELOG vulnerability has been reported, thanks to Asif Akbar of Trend Micro Security Researchworking with Trend Micro's Zero Day Initiative:

https://www.zerodayinitiative.com/advisories/ZDI-20-252/

The issue has been fixed in the current release 3.1.4-033e292 and in the RPM http://elog.psi.ch/elog/download/RPMS/elog-latest.x86_64.rpm

Best,
Stefan

icon3.gif   How to add bulk client list at once, posted by Sunilkumar on Sun Mar 29 13:30:09 2020 Screenshot_3.jpg

Please let me know how to add Button for adding client next to Client Mnemonics.

I need to add bulk client lists in the Elog page there are 1000+ clients  .

I need to select client from the drop down list if its not there i need to add them using Add Client Button 

Please let me know the steps.

icon3.gif   SSL connection drop with large content, posted by HyonSan Seo on Mon Aug 10 07:56:43 2020 

Dear all,

I had some difficulty to upload large files (>20MB) with SSL connection. I think it is also related to https://elog.psi.ch/elogs/Forum/68636

During debuging, I found that, when uploading large files, ssl connection is dropped since 'SSL_read' function returns -1.

But it doesn't alway mean broken connection. It may be "SSL_ERROR_WANT_READ".

I changed the "server_loop" function in the source code to "continue" when it is SSL_ERROR_WANT_READ. And it fixed the problem.

Here is my code.

## elogd.c "server_loop" function L30031

if (FD_ISSET(_sock, &readfds)) {
#ifdef HAVE_SSL
                          if (_ssl_flag){
                            i = SSL_read(_ssl_con, net_buffer + len, net_buffer_size - len);
                            if(i<=0){
                              int ssl_error=SSL_get_error(_ssl_con,i);    ## check ssl error code
                              if(ssl_error==SSL_ERROR_WANT_READ||ssl_error==SSL_ERROR_WANT_WRITE) continue;    ## if ssl wants more, continue
                            }
                          }
                          else
#endif
                            i = recv(_sock, net_buffer + len, net_buffer_size - len, 0);

I am ignorant about networking. Some experts on ssl connection would know a better way to deal with this problem.

Best,

HyonSan Seo

icon3.gif   Re: Query to get values for Attributes, posted by Andreas Luedeke on Mon Sep 21 20:03:49 2020 

That would be a nice feature...

If you are good in parsing HTML you can achieve this feature: when you create a new entry "<elog-URL>?cmd=new", you'll get HTML source code that provides you with all possible attribute choices.

Disclaimer: this only works if you don't use Conditional attributes.

Florian Feldbauer wrote:

Hey,

I'm trying to integrate the Elog into our SlowControl System (Phoebus/EPICS). As a first step I translated the python library to Java. So writing new Entries and viewing them works.
But for Phoebus, you need a list of the possible values for the attributes. Currently this is done via the config file from Phoebus.

Is there a way to get the values also via a query directly from the Elog?

Cheers,
Florian

icon3.gif   Field values dependent on other selections, posted by Anthony Krishock on Tue Oct 20 02:34:46 2020 

All,

I would like to know if there is a way in elog to populate a field based on the value of another field. What I want to do is have a field with a few selections (a menu) and another text field that populates based on what I select from the menu.

Is this possible?

icon3.gif   Re: Request: make $text available for "subst", posted by Andreas Luedeke on Wed Mar 24 22:09:56 2021 

Hi Stefan,
no problem: if I just strip all newlines from the $text field (in HTML you use <br> anyway, the newline has no function apart from whitespace), and my multiline attribute is fine to go.
I do not intend to make the attribute editable: it is just used for display. Because that allows me to create the attribute either from free text or from combining other fields - depending on conditional attributes.

As a special feature you could strip all newlines beforehand, when providing the $text for subst statements.

Cheers, Andreas

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Sure, attributes can be shown multi-line, but they cannot be stored in the elog internal database. The database is a very old design and only allows for single line attributes. Just look at a YYMMDDa.log file and you will see that. I would have to change the database format to somethign more advanced like XML, but that would take me a couple of weeks or months.

Soooorrryy! ;-)

Andreas Luedeke wrote:

While the input widget of text attributes is a single line, they can easily be multi-line in the display - when you use HTML at least.
And of course the user can parse the text field and generate a single line, if he wants to.
If you leave it to me, I'll create wonderful applications to that feature :-)

Please? ;-)

Stefan Ritt wrote:

$text is the full body text and can go over many lines. Since attributes are restricted to single lines, it's not possible to substitute them with the body text.

Stefan

Andreas Luedeke wrote:

Hi Stefan,

I've just tried to read the $text with subst into another field and failed.
It looks like $text is only available for the execution of shell scripts in the "execute new|edit|delete = <script>" command.

Could that be added? I can think of a multitude of applications:

• In my case I want to fill an attribute X either with free text or generated from other fields. The list view will show just X and not how it was generated.
  • I could fill an attribute automatically with the character length of the text.
  • I could parse the text in a shell script and set other attributes according to the content.

Thank you for considering it.

Cheers, Andreas

ELOG V3.1.5-3fb85fa6