Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 746 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subjectup
  66753   Fri Mar 12 12:49:39 2010 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chRequestLinux2.7.5difficulty with slow connections (was Re: frequent crashes on SL4)
> Hi, Stefan.  When someone using a satellite connection tries to upload an attachment *or* edit a long entry, it fails and they are presented
> with an "Internal Server Error."  This is a huge improvement over the previous behavior of crashing elogd, but we were wondering if there is any
> hope of improving this further so that one can edit large entries or upload attachments over a slow (in this case, satellite) connection.  Do
> you have any ideas or plans on working on this further?  Apparently ELOG is the "only" service this user has trouble with from  home.

There was a timeout of 1 sec. in the elogd daemon, which probably is too short for a satellite connection. Unfortunately I have no satellite here 
around to test it, so I "blindly" increased it to 6 seconds in the current SVN version. Please give it a try. You can increase this yourself, its here 
in the code at (Rev. 2291) line 28270:

FD_ZERO(&readfds);
   FD_SET(_sock, &readfds);
   timeout.tv_sec = 6;            <----
   timeout.tv_usec = 0;
   status = select(FD_SETSIZE, (void *) &readfds, NULL, NULL, (void *) &timeout);

so you can change the 6 to 10 or so. The disadvantage of a large value is the following: Suppose you submit an entry, and in the middle of the 
submission your browser dies (or the user closes it). If you have a timeout of n seconds, the elogd server will wait that time until it closes the 
connection. During this waiting time is cannot respond to other request, so it might look dead. That's why we should not make it too long.

- Stefan
  66895   Wed Sep 8 15:31:33 2010 Reply Devin Bougiedab66@cornell.eduRequestLinux2.7.5difficulty with slow connections (was Re: frequent crashes on SL4)
Hi Stefan,

> There was a timeout of 1 sec. in the elogd daemon, which probably is too short for a satellite connection. Unfortunately I have no satellite here 
> around to test it, so I "blindly" increased it to 6 seconds in the current SVN version. Please give it a try.

The latest release (2.8.0-2313) does fix this problem.  Our user is now able to modify entries and upload attachments using their satellite connection.

Thank you very much for your time and help.  I am sorry I didn't receive this in time to help test the old SVN version.

Sincerely,
Devin
  66467   Tue Jul 28 02:50:42 2009 Question Dan DuongDan.Duong@team.telstra.comQuestionWindowsv2.7.42111display GMT time instead of local time in Entry time/ Last edit field

Hi all,

I have set my PC in Time Zone GMT+10:00 but I get GMT time in Entry time/Last edit field.

I have installed in another PC. Which has Time Zone GMT+10:00 but I still get GMT time in Entry time/Last edit field.

Please help. Thank you very much.

69201   Mon Aug 17 10:34:32 2020 Question Lahreche Abdelmadjidabdelmadjid.lahreche@yahoo.comRequestWindows2006do some changes on .CFG

Hi All,

I would like to have "Permis de verouillage et d'étiquetage 016685-68AF-0031" when I select it.

I don't found where can I make this change

thank you.

Attachment 1: Elog_1.PNG
Elog_1.PNG
Attachment 2: Elog2.PNG
Elog2.PNG
  116   Fri Aug 16 11:21:20 2002 Question Stefan Siegelssiegel@lucent.comQuestion  documentation fro elconv
Hi,

is there a documentation for the elconv tool available?

Regards,

Stefan
  68219   Tue Jan 12 17:38:52 2016 Question Devin Bougiedevin.bougie@cornell.eduBug reportLinux3.1.1drag and drop attachments not working with web server authentication
Hello, The "Drop attachments here..." section does not work when using Webserver authentication. Both elog 3.1.1 (the binary RPM) and apache are running on EL6.6 and are configured according to the docs. Authentication works fine and the normal "Choose File - Upload" attachment table works fine. However, when dragging an attachment to the "Drop attachments here..." section the dashes on the border turn green but when dropping the attachment nothing happens. If we revert to File authentication, everything works fine. I don't see any errors in our elog or apache log files. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks, Devin
  68239   Tue Jan 19 22:03:36 2016 Question Devin Bougiedevin.bougie@cornell.eduBug reportLinux3.1.1drag and drop attachments only working for admins if "restrict edit = 1"

I'm finally able to reproduce this, and my initial description was incorrect.  If we have "restrict edit = 1", only an "Admin user" can use the "Dop attachments here..." or the "Image" button in the CKEditor.  The old "Choose File," "Upload" buttons, however, works just fine for anyone.

If we have "restrict edit = 0", anyone can upload an attachment using all three interfaces.

This is very reproducible by toggling restrict edit in the global section or for an individual logbook.

Devin

66845   Thu Jun 10 15:10:19 2010 Question Bill Pierbpier@clove.orgQuestionLinux2.7.8drop in replacement for FCKeditor?

Is it possible to use a drop-in replacement for the FCKeditor? 

ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886