Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 747 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subjectup
  68698   Mon Nov 13 12:58:41 2017 Question Sara Vaninivanini.sara@gmail.comBug reportLinux3.1.1-1-1drop-down list not working

Hi,

after ubuntu 16 system upgrade, elog version (3.1.1-1-1) on firefox version 56.0+build6-0ubuntu0.16.04.2 , the drop-down menus (Styles, Font, Size, etc) don't work anymore.

How can I fix it?

Many thanks!

Sara

835   Tue Dec 7 15:46:15 2004 Entry Guenter NowakGuenter.Nowqak@t-systems.atBug reportOther2.5.5-2dropdown-lists display only the first 100 entries
  1545   Mon Dec 12 15:17:39 2005 Question Willem KosterW.Koster@rc.rug.nlQuestionOtherELOG V26b5duplicate & presets
I'm (mis)using elog as a database. I like the fact that I can have presets for fields, but I also like the fact 
that I can make a duplicate of an entry. Now when I make a duplicate, all the fields get overwritten with the 
preset-value. Is there a way to get the preset-values only on entering a NEW reord and NOT on a duplicate ?

I could take away the presets, most of them are "***" (literally) to be able to search for entries that do not 
have a value, but I don't know how to search for empty fields.

PS: They wanted to do a CMDB in BMC-Magic (really expensive $$$-ware), but after about 1 afternoon (and about 6 
prototypes) they went with elog since it was fast, cheap and already implemented (and filled with 200 entries 
through a script using some old CSV list we had lying around) :-) 

69528   Tue May 10 09:31:40 2022 Question Andrey`kowaraj4stuff@gmail.comBug reportMac OSXELOG V3.1.4-493duplicated/extra newlines (LF) after submit with Safari (since 15.4)
I think this is a bug report. 
However, I am not sure whether the problem is in the new version of Apple's WebKit (15.4) or in the ELOG itself.

When we edit an ELOG record with Safari (as of version 15.4, new WebKit features added) the number of "newline" symbols (actually LF, 0xA) are doubled.

So, for instance, if I edit the following page (1 LF symbol between "aaa" and "bbb"):
```
aaa
bbb
```

then after a "Submit" (without actually any changes) the record becomes (2 LF symbols):

```
aaa

bbb
```

then after a "Submit" (without actually any changes) the record becomes (4 LF symbols in between):
```
aaa

bbb
```

NOTE: The LF symbol at the end (after the "bbb" line) does NOT get duplicated (it gets truncated, I believe).

Our current ELOG version is "ELOG V3.1.4-4936b76".
Could you please have a look? 
  67321   Wed Aug 29 10:26:31 2012 Question Zbigniew Reszelareszelaz@gmail.comQuestionLinuxV2.8.1-235dynamic preset text

Dear all,

Is it possible to have a dynamic "preset text" option?

I would like to switch the template file depending on the attribute value. (Of course this attribute values will be a fixed list of options, not extandable). 

I see there one difficulty, that: if user already started editing the text body, he could lose this data. But I think that this could be left on user responsibility to take care about it.

Another option could be to always insert the template text on the very beginning of the text body.

Is this feature implemented, or maybe someone have done it by changing the server code?

Cheers

65803   Tue Apr 1 21:07:39 2008 Question Bill Quallsbqualls@newgistics.comQuestionWindows2.7.3e-mail format

I "upgraded" from v2.6.? to v2.7.3.  By "upgrade", I mean "copy all files to a different computer, then run the installer".  e-mail messages received from my v2.6 instance look nice.  The messages look like HTML tables with blue and green coloring.  My v2.7 instance appears to send plain text.  But, when I forward the v2.7 message, the nice HTML tables appear again.  Is there an e-mail formatting setting that I need to change?

1725   Fri Feb 24 16:40:38 2006 Question Steve Jonessteve.jones@freescale.comQuestionAll2.5.9eLog Version number as eLog attribute?
When a footer is used (via Bottom text = <filename>) eLog no longer displays the eLog version number at the bottom. Is it possible to somehow expose the version/revision as an eLog attribute or have the version still display even when a replacement footer is specified?

Thanks!
  66736   Wed Mar 10 10:36:02 2010 Entry Mirza Ehsanmirza@cpjeddah.comBug reportWindows2.6.1-1681eLog crash

I am using eLog ELOG V2.6.1-1681 which has 7 log books under 8 categories. Out of 7 log books, 2 are daily used. It happened that two weeks back. I modified information on two log books which were not used for quite longtime. Hence using CONFIG, I updated these log books, changing text etc. After that eLog in general started giving error. Any time when we click SUBMIT button in any log book, eLog shows page not found. That submit crashes eLog and as a result elogd service stops. Restarting elogd service, eLog operation comes back and the log which I submitted was actualy saved. Difficulty is that this problem is happening with every single submit action. 

I searched forum and learnt that upgrading eLog to newest version 2.7.8 will solve this problem. Upgrade created more problems, I was not able to open any log, authentication was not accepted. I restored that backup and went back to previous version. eLog started working but with submit error.

If any one can help me in fixing this problem

ELOG V3.1.5-fe60aaf