Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 747 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Authorup Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  2249   Sun Jun 24 02:38:31 2007 Question chris williamschris_charles98@yahoo.comQuestionWindows2.6.5-1869list of 500 files
How can I have my list accept over 500 entries? I tried increasing the elogd.c (max_n_list)file as stated but the compiler gives me errors. Please help
  2252   Mon Jun 25 18:14:44 2007 Reply chris williamschris_charles98@yahoo.comQuestionWindows2.6.5-1869Re: list of 500 files
Thanks for the response. I am trying to use it as a file database, to monitor the status of files(whether they have been removed, ammended etc), currently there are 90 files but I expect the size to grow.
  2253   Mon Jun 25 18:15:24 2007 Reply chris williamschris_charles98@yahoo.comQuestionWindows2.6.5-1869Re: sorting a drop down menu in elog
ok...thanks much.
  2255   Tue Jun 26 01:56:05 2007 Reply chris williamschris_charles98@yahoo.comQuestionWindows2.6.5-1869Re: list of 500 files
True, thanks.
  68421   Fri Sep 9 10:31:15 2016 Question christianc_grebing@web.deQuestionWindows3.1.2Windows service settings

Hello,

I've been successfully using elog as a daemon since several years on a Linux machine. For some reasons recently I had to switch to a Windows 7 machine. Here, setting up the elog daemon doesn't work for me:

(a) running the command:

"...\ELOG\elog.exe" -c "...\ELOG\elogd.cfg"

in a windows shell works perfectly fine - logbook is up and running as set up in the cfg-file.

(b) However, starting the windows service manually (start->control panel->system and security->administrative tools->services) that was set up automatically during installation of elog leads to an error message:

"Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion"

From the service settings I can verify that the service is running exactly the same command that works in (a).

Could someone please share the windows service settings? Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Christian

68423   Fri Sep 9 13:17:36 2016 Reply christianc_grebing@web.deQuestionWindows3.1.2Re: Windows service settings

Hi Stefan,

you were right - running the service by an authorized user solved the problem.

Thanks a lot.

Cheers, Christian

Stefan Ritt wrote:

These problems are usaully related to user rights. Try starting the service under a different (maybe admin) user.

Stefan

christian wrote:

Hello,

I've been successfully using elog as a daemon since several years on a Linux machine. For some reasons recently I had to switch to a Windows 7 machine. Here, setting up the elog daemon doesn't work for me:

(a) running the command:

"...\ELOG\elog.exe" -c "...\ELOG\elogd.cfg"

in a windows shell works perfectly fine - logbook is up and running as set up in the cfg-file.

(b) However, starting the windows service manually (start->control panel->system and security->administrative tools->services) that was set up automatically during installation of elog leads to an error message:

"Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion"

From the service settings I can verify that the service is running exactly the same command that works in (a).

Could someone please share the windows service settings? Thanks in advance.

Cheers, Christian

68585   Mon Mar 27 11:11:31 2017 Reply christianc_grebing@web.deQuestionWindowsV3.1.0-3c6435eRe: Elog not see image magick

Hi,

Maybe the post is outdated already, but I want to share my experience anyway. I faced the same problem as Daniel: The most recent ImageMagick package was not detected by elogd even though it was installed. I could trace back the problem to the following issue:

Stefan mentioned that the ImageMagick software is detected via the 'convert' command. Since ImageMagick V7, however, the 'convert' command is no longer supported. So, when installing ImageMagick V6 the detection works.

@Stefan: Maybe you could adapt the software detection at some point? Thanks.

Christian

Daniel Sajdyk wrote:

Ok. It take me a while, but I reinstalled ImageMagick with marked option "convert". Now, when I start elog, it can see ImageMagick, but screenshots attached to elog entries are still in original sizes. And, I don't see buttons for rotating, resizing images. 

I look into elog cfg options, but only what I found is Thumbnail size which, it looks, don't work.

Don't know what more I should check. 

Daniel.

Stefan Ritt wrote:

The detection in elogd works by executing the command "convert" and check if the program executes. If you start elogd as a service, the program might see another path variable. Maybe reboot Windows or start the service in the environment of a real user instead of system, where it might miss your modified "path".

Stefan

Daniel Sajdyk wrote:

Hello.

I finally try add ImageMagick to ELOG.

I downloaded latest version (ImageMagick-7.0.3-Q16) and installed it. Everything looks ok, but when I start Elog service it says that "ImageMagick not detected". 

When I look at the "path" variable i have "C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.0.3-Q16;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;[...]".

What else can I check?

Regards

Daniel.

Ps. My system is Windows 7 Pro. 

68586   Mon Mar 27 12:42:07 2017 Reply christianc_grebing@web.deQuestionWindowsV3.1.0-3c6435eRe: Elog not see image magick

Update:

While the image scaling via ImageMagick works when running elog manually it doesn't when running elog as a service. The service is hosted in the same user environment that allows image scaling with elog started manually. What else could go wrong?

Christian

christian wrote:

Hi,

Maybe the post is outdated already, but I want to share my experience anyway. I faced the same problem as Daniel: The most recent ImageMagick package was not detected by elogd even though it was installed. I could trace back the problem to the following issue:

Stefan mentioned that the ImageMagick software is detected via the 'convert' command. Since ImageMagick V7, however, the 'convert' command is no longer supported. So, when installing ImageMagick V6 the detection works.

@Stefan: Maybe you could adapt the software detection at some point? Thanks.

Christian

Daniel Sajdyk wrote:

Ok. It take me a while, but I reinstalled ImageMagick with marked option "convert". Now, when I start elog, it can see ImageMagick, but screenshots attached to elog entries are still in original sizes. And, I don't see buttons for rotating, resizing images. 

I look into elog cfg options, but only what I found is Thumbnail size which, it looks, don't work.

Don't know what more I should check. 

Daniel.

Stefan Ritt wrote:

The detection in elogd works by executing the command "convert" and check if the program executes. If you start elogd as a service, the program might see another path variable. Maybe reboot Windows or start the service in the environment of a real user instead of system, where it might miss your modified "path".

Stefan

Daniel Sajdyk wrote:

Hello.

I finally try add ImageMagick to ELOG.

I downloaded latest version (ImageMagick-7.0.3-Q16) and installed it. Everything looks ok, but when I start Elog service it says that "ImageMagick not detected". 

When I look at the "path" variable i have "C:\Program Files\ImageMagick-7.0.3-Q16;C:\ProgramData\Oracle\Java\javapath;[...]".

What else can I check?

Regards

Daniel.

Ps. My system is Windows 7 Pro. 

ELOG V3.1.5-fe60aaf