Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 748 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Authorup Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  68593   Fri Apr 7 09:58:33 2017 Reply christianc_grebing@web.deQuestionWindowsV3.1.0-3c6435eRe: Elog not see image magick

This I do not fully understand: To my understanding the PATH environment variable (includes the ImageMagick path) is a system variable and should be accessable from any account and should be valid under any conditions. Am I wrong? Additionally, I tried adding the system Path variable to the user specific variables for that user that runs the service (Path = %Path%) in the system settings. Finally, I tried copying the imdisplay.exe (ImageMagick executable) and convert.exe (used for the software detection) from the ImageMagick installation directory to the same directory as elogd. Neither of these approaches was successfull.

Christian

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Must be your PATH environment variable. You have usually different paths when running interactively or as a service. Try to change the path seen by services, or put the ImageMagick executable in the same directory as elogd.

Stefan

christian wrote:

Update:

While the image scaling via ImageMagick works when running elog manually it doesn't when running elog as a service. The service is hosted in the same user environment that allows image scaling with elog started manually. What else could go wrong?

Christian

68596   Fri Apr 7 11:46:09 2017 Reply christianc_grebing@web.deQuestionWindowsV3.1.0-3c6435eRe: Elog not see image magick

Ok, this explains why it doesn't work.

Thank you for the support anyway. ELOG is a great piece of software.

Christian

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Ah sorry. I recall now: Under Windows, calling subprocesses from a service does not work at all. After a couple of days of work I was not able to get this running. If somebody has some idea, I'm happy to try it. So most people use the elogd daemon in the background only under Linux.

Stefan

Stefan Ritt wrote:

I don't undersand myself fully how services see the environment. Like if they see the PATH at all. In some occations it helped to run the service not under the SYSTEM account, but under the (admin) account of a real user.

Stefan

christian wrote:

This I do not fully understand: To my understanding the PATH environment variable (includes the ImageMagick path) is a system variable and should be accessable from any account and should be valid under any conditions. Am I wrong? Additionally, I tried adding the system Path variable to the user specific variables for that user that runs the service (Path = %Path%) in the system settings. Finally, I tried copying the imdisplay.exe (ImageMagick executable) and convert.exe (used for the software detection) from the ImageMagick installation directory to the same directory as elogd. Neither of these approaches was successfull.

Christian

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Must be your PATH environment variable. You have usually different paths when running interactively or as a service. Try to change the path seen by services, or put the ImageMagick executable in the same directory as elogd.

Stefan

christian wrote:

Update:

While the image scaling via ImageMagick works when running elog manually it doesn't when running elog as a service. The service is hosted in the same user environment that allows image scaling with elog started manually. What else could go wrong?

Christian

67306   Wed Aug 8 21:23:59 2012 Question cowdenchristopher.cowden@ttu.eduQuestionLinux2.9.0-2411Authentication problem with wget and links (text browser)

Hello,

I'm not able to authenticate to a logbook using my text based browser links, so I've started investigating with wget hoping solving the problem one will lead to a solution for the other.  I've seen some examples on how to use wget to parse logbook entries in this forum, but my attempts keep returning the login page.  Any advice would be helpful and appreciated.  Here are a couple of the command line arguments I've tried:

wget --save-cookies cookie.txt --keep-session-cookies -d "http://hostname/LOGBOOK?unamee=YYY&upassword=XXX" -O elog.txt

wget --save-cookies cookie.txt --keep-session-cookies -d --post-data="redit=&uname=YYY&upassword=XXX&remember=1" -e robots=off "http://hostname/LOGBOOK" -O elog.txt

After these executions, my cookies.txt file remains empty.  Running subsequent command with "--load-cookies=cookies.txt" still points me to the login page.

Many Thanks,

Chris 

1393   Sun Aug 7 17:16:42 2005 Idea cunnilinuxcunnilinux@bigmir.netInfoLinux2.5.7charset specified in elog.conf has no effect [updated]

well, here's the problem that i had: my charset (koi8-u) was specified in elog.conf for every logbook, but this had no effect, and all elog pages continued tu appeared as iso-8859-1 (which is the default)

when i specified charset in the global section, the problem's gone away.

2do: i think it's worth testing how does it work whet charset specified for a separate logbook overrides globally specidied charset

elog version that is in use: 2.5.7 from debian sarge 3.1 r0a powerpc

77   Wed Jul 17 23:46:01 2002 Question d. nettlesdnettle@lsu.eduQuestion  inserting pictures into a post
does elog have a way of inserting pictures into a post other than including
them as an attachment? i can put a picture in using html text, but this
method only works if the picture is stored on the local server. anyone
placing a post from a remote machine cannot include a picture off of their
machine.
any help?
thanks.
  65944   Fri Aug 8 00:44:26 2008 Question dale cooperagentdcooper@gmail.comQuestionAll2.7.4x2 questions :: different colors in list view based on "type" + change verbage of "type"

hello all,

#1 i love ELOG : excellent app! i would like to ask/present a question here -- I have a couple of TYPE's defined as;

Options Type = Day Shift, Swing Shift, Night Shift
What I'd love to be able to do, is depending on what TYPE was selected during the creation of a NEW ENTRY in the ELOG "shift log" I'd love to display in the LIST VIEW (full, summary, or threaded views) different color's based on which TYPE was selected...

for example, if someone chose "Day Shift" that would be listed with a GREEN background, if someone chooses "Swing Shift" that gets a BLUE background, and so forth... I am wondering how one would go about implementing this?

second question... instead of listing the column named TYPE, can I just change it somewhere in the config to "SHIFT" so that in the list view, and even when in the NEW ENTRY form, I'd like it to show "Shift" instead of TYPE --- really I am just wondering if I can change the verbage that ELOG is using for the term TYPE? Is that doable?

Thanks for the app, I look forward to any reponses! I been editing the CSS, and once done think I'll add it to yr Config Examples, as I don't see many CSS themes there...

-peace-

65948   Mon Aug 11 06:56:56 2008 Reply dale cooperagentdcooper@gmail.comQuestionAll2.7.4xRe: 2 questions :: different colors in list view based on "type" + change verbage of "type"
PERFECT, you answered my questions EXACTLY with what I am looking for! thanks soo much!
agentdcooper

Yoshio Imai wrote:

dale cooper wrote:
I'd love to display in the LIST VIEW (full, summary, or threaded views) different color's based on which TYPE was selected...

You can achieve this by using a "style" directive for this attribute. E.g. if your attribute is called "Shift" and entries with value "Day" should be green, value "Swing" should be blue, you should add
Style Shift Day = background-color:green
Style Shift Swing = background-color:blue
(and so on) to the config file.

Quote:
really I am just wondering if I can change the verbage that ELOG is using for the term TYPE? Is that doable?

As long as I am not missing a key point in your problem, you should be able to define the names of your logbook attributes simply with the "Attribute" directive. So, if you want the users to enter the shift and the name of the shift leader, you would put a line
Attributes = Shift, Shift leader
Options Shift = Day, Swing, ... <and so on>
Options Shift leader = Mike, Edward, John, ... <and so on>
and the logbook display should correctly show "Shift" and "Shift leader" in the header line of each entry ...
  65953   Mon Aug 18 10:56:05 2008 Question dale cooperagentdcooper@gmail.comQuestionLinux2.7.4xExpand TEXT colum in Summary view?

Hello All,

I am wondering if it is possible to configure ELOG to expand the TEXT column in the SUMMARY view? As it stands I get about 48 characters displayed per line in the in the TEXT column, with 3 lines getting displayed per ENTRY (approximately 144 characters per ENTRY). So what I'd like to do is see if it is possible to EXPAND the TEXT column in the SUMMARY view to allow say.... 100 characters per line, or say 275 characters per ENTRY when viewing the SUMMARY view?

Is this possible? If so, how does one go about doing this... I tried to search the site thoroughly before posting my question, I just didn't see it mentioned anywhere... Help please =)

Thanks!

agentdcooper

ELOG V3.1.5-fe60aaf