Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 747 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Emailup Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  66737   Thu Mar 11 12:01:35 2010 Question Thomastheitz@gmx.deQuestionWindows2.7.8Summary text field is empty for replied entries

It is possible to show the (new) text of a replied entry in the summary text field ?

Actually only for the original entries the text was shown in the text column of the summary report, not for the replies.

66739   Thu Mar 11 15:29:40 2010 Reply Thomastheitz@gmx.deQuestionWindows2.7.8Re: Summary text field is empty for replied entries

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Thomas wrote:

It is possible to show the (new) text of a replied entry in the summary text field ?

Actually only for the original entries the text was shown in the text column of the summary report, not for the replies.

In principle you can adjust the number of lines shown in the summary text file with the option summary lines = x. If you increase that value, you start seeing some part of the reply. For elog itself  it is impossible to distinguish the reply text from the origial text, since some people use plain text like

> original
> text

with the reply sometimes below, sometimes above the original text. Other people use full HTML with tables (like in this forum), where it is very hard internally to distinguish between original and reply text. The easiest is not to quote the original text in replies, then you will see it always.

Thank you very much for your answer.

Is there any way to invert the order of the original text and the reply text ?

67236   Wed Apr 11 13:09:56 2012 Question Thomas Kleebthomas.kleeb@psi.chQuestionLinuxV2.9.1-243Kerberos authentication

Hello to @all

First please let me say that I'm a complete green-horn when it comes to linux

I'm running elog on a linux virtual server and would like to use kerberos authentication. If I set 'Authentication = Kerberos' in the elogd.cfg file I get,

error.jpg

If I set 'Authentication = Kerberos, File' it works fine. I hope this is just some error on my part.

thanks,
Tom

67238   Wed Apr 11 13:42:29 2012 Reply Thomas Kleebthomas.kleeb@psi.chQuestionLinuxV2.9.1-243Re: Kerberos authentication

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Thomas Kleeb wrote:

Hello to @all

I'm running elog on a linux virtual server and would like to use kerberos authentication. If I set 'Authentication = Kerberos' in the elogd.cfg file I get,

error.jpg

If I set 'Authentication = Kerberos, File' it works fine. I hope this is just some error on my part.

thanks,
Tom

Is Kerberos set up correctly on your PC? What is the Kerberos Realm? Does the command "kinit <your user name>" work correctly? If not, you have to install and configure Kerberos correctly. Make sure to have USE_KRB5 turned on in your Makefile. 

Thanks for the quick reply!

I downloaded and installed the latest RPM. Is Kerberos used in the RPM? The command "kinit xxxxxxx"requests my password and then returns to the prompt. I believe that the virtual server is a normal PSI linux, but I'm not 100% sure

67240   Wed Apr 11 14:00:52 2012 Reply Thomas Kleebthomas.kleeb@psi.chQuestionLinuxV2.9.1-243Re: Kerberos authentication

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Thomas Kleeb wrote:

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Thomas Kleeb wrote:

Hello to @all

error.jpg

thanks,
Tom

Is Kerberos set up correctly on your PC? What is the Kerberos Realm? Does the command "kinit <your user name>" work correctly? If not, you have to install and configure Kerberos correctly. Make sure to have USE_KRB5 turned on in your Makefile. 

Thanks for the quick reply!

I downloaded and installed the latest RPM. Is Kerberos used in the RPM? The command "kinit xxxxxxx"requests my password and then returns to the prompt. I believe that the virtual server is a normal PSI linux, but I'm not 100% sure

Kerberos is not used in the RPM. You have to compile yourself from the tar ball. 

O.K.
Like I said in the beginning, I'm a linux green-horn How do I stop the elogd daemon, and do I have to delete all the elog files and directories created by the RPM or can I just follow the instructions for the tar file and install / make over the RPM installation?

67242   Wed Apr 11 14:36:43 2012 Reply Thomas Kleebthomas.kleeb@psi.chQuestionLinuxV2.9.1-243Re: Kerberos authentication

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Thomas Kleeb wrote:

Like I said in the beginning, I'm a linux green-horn How do I stop the elogd daemon, and do I have to delete all the elog files and directories created by the RPM or can I just follow the instructions for the tar file and install / make over the RPM installation?

/etc/rc.d/init.d/elogd stop

Just compile elogd with Kerberos support and copy it over the existing elogd daemon.

I think it's working now !!!!

Thanks
Tom

67243   Wed Apr 11 16:32:22 2012 Question Thomas Kleebthomas.kleeb@psi.chQuestionLinux2.9.1-2435SSL

I'm slowly able to see the finish line

Now all I need to do is get SSL to work. My server name is hf-info-elog and I'm not sure what the correct values for Port= and URL= should be.

thank
Tom (the green-horn)

1099   Mon Apr 18 17:57:38 2005 Idea Tim Iskandertim.iskander@criticallink.comRequestAll2.5.8Link To command...
Is it possible to create a Link To command (ala Copy To, Move To) that
would allow you to reference an entry in another log book without copying it?
This would be handy as the info would be kept current in both log books.
My thought is that it would create a psuedo entry in the other log
book that pointed back at the originating log book entry (similar to a 
UNIX soft link)
/Tim
ELOG V3.1.5-fe60aaf