Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 748 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Emailup Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  1229   Wed Jul 6 16:02:30 2005 Idea Tim Iskandertim.iskander@criticallink.comRequestAll2.5.8Request: can the comment for a log book be put in the status bar on hover
We have several logbooks running here with somewhat cryptic names. The comment field for the
logbook describes its intent well enough, so the thought was that the comment could show up in the
status bar (or tooltip) when you hover over the logbook name in the tabs at the top of the page.

___ yea Smile

___ nea Frown

/Tim
  1243   Fri Jul 8 13:32:56 2005 Smile Tim Iskandertim.iskander@criticallink.comRequestAll2.5.8Re: Request: can the comment for a log book be put in the status bar on hover

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Tim Iskander wrote:
We have several logbooks running here with somewhat cryptic names. The comment field for the
logbook describes its intent well enough, so the thought was that the comment could show up in the
status bar (or tooltip) when you hover over the logbook name in the tabs at the top of the page.

_X_ yea Smile

___ nea Frown

I added a tooltip to the logbook showing the comment field. The status bar is a bit difficult since it requires Javascript and is not supported by all browsers. But I hope the tooltip is good enough. The modification is in CVS, you can try it at the forum.

- Stefan

I like it!
thanks...
/Tim
  67837   Wed Mar 25 10:36:15 2015 Entry Tim Scheltim.schelfhout@fixbrussel.beInfoLinux | Windows3.00test

zezerze

67842   Mon Mar 30 14:46:28 2015 Question Tim Scheltim.schelfhout@fixbrussel.beQuestionWindowsELOG V2.9.Strange browser behaviour with chrome?
Hello there,

I have been using ELOG for 4 years now and all of a sudden I see a strange behaviour.
As you can see in the screenshots below I have configured 6 logbooks (tabs) ... only 2
display (colors in CSS?) correctly as configured.
There haven't been any changes recently configuration wise .. but I suspect my chrome
has been upgraded silently.

Any ideas why one logbook (see screenshot 2) called Kandidaten would display
correctly and the other called DSP doesn't?
The first screenshot displays all rows in blue and purple letters ....
The Logbook Stagiairs even has multiple behaviours .... some of it sub books display correctly
and some don't.

I have a new colleague since a few days who uses the ELOG as well but using Internet Explorer
and she doesn't have this strange behaviour. I can rule out configuration error since
I stripped configuration and added verbosity logging level up and nothing was detected.

Is this possible solely due to chrome update (of which I am not even sure).
I looked at the CSS source of both screenshots and I notice that in the first case (wrong!)
there is no CSS class attributed to the TD elements.

Anyway I can understand that the browser displays everything wrong ... but this behaviour
I cannot explain.
Attachment 1: 2015-03-30_14_25_52-ELOG_Amadou.png
2015-03-30_14_25_52-ELOG_Amadou.png
Attachment 2: 2015-03-30_14_25_32-ELOG_Kandidaten.png
2015-03-30_14_25_32-ELOG_Kandidaten.png
  67847   Wed Apr 1 11:01:14 2015 Reply Tim Schelfhouttim.schelfhout@fixbrussel.beQuestionWindowsELOG V2.9.Re: Strange browser behaviour with chrome?
Thank you all of you for your notes ...
Anyway I have no time at the present to debug this ... at the level of configuration file.
I discovered however that the Incognito Mode of Chrome does NOT seem to have this problem??
Chrome version is 41.0.2272.101

Don't know why ??? ... tried disabling all of the added extensions in chrome but to no avail.
Don't know what else can be different in both modes.

Andreas Luedeke wrote:

Stefan Ritt wrote:
The (correct) display tells me that the colours are user-defined, probably by the configuration option

Style <attribute> <value> = <style>

which selects different styles for different rows. Now I do not know why your browser should change behaviour all over sudden, but I would double check the configuration. Like removing all style additions in the config file, then try again, then add one by one. There could also be a class defined with the "style" option which has not been added to the default style file themes directory of the elog installation.

Stefan

Just my two cent:
the content of a particular entry can change the rendering. If you have an HTML end tag like </table> or </font> in your entry, then the display after that entry may be spoiled.
You could try to select the very same entries in both browsers, to see if it does depend on the specific entry content.
If the problem persists, then I would suggest that you post the following:
- a minimal configuration for a logbook that reproduces the problem; and
- the actual entries, exported in XML or RAW format; and
- screenshots on how it displays with IE (add version number) and with Chrome (add version number).

Cheers
Andreas
  68287   Tue Mar 15 19:53:55 2016 Question Tim Schelfhouttim.schelfhout@fixbrussel.beQuestionWindowsELOG V2.9.2-247upgrade problem

Hello there,

After several years of great ELOG usage I decided to upgrade our ELOG server.  I am using it to keep 
a logbook of my students.

ELOG runs as a windows service but since I cannot access or change windows services (only have access to the
ELOG directory) I upgraded by installing the executable to my laptop then copying the new ELOG version over the server installation.  

Tried this first on my laptop going from V2.9.2-2475  to the last version 3.1.1 and this worked without a problem.

When I tried to reproduce this on the server  all the data is there but ELOG displays it as if no theme was installed. (using the default
by the way)  No colors, no formatting
... at first I thougt this was because the copy was not complete but a second try reproduced the same result???

Tried going back to the old version but then ALL data was gone (structure and all logbooks still there, but data in logbooks gone) ....
Used -v switch to debug and the logging displayed an MD5 hash mismatch, so the logbooks could not be opened.  A restore fixed this ....
I guess upgrading means changing the logbook structure?

Anyway does anyone have any idea why the upgrade loses formatting ??  Tips are welcome

Draft   Mon Dec 5 13:06:21 2016  Tim Schelfhouttim.schelfhout@fixbrussel.be    

Hello,

I am using ELOG V2.9.2-2475.  I added some groups and restarted ELOG and all of a sudden it 

68683   Mon Sep 4 11:56:47 2017 Question Tim Schelfhouttim.schelfhout@fixbrussel.beQuestionWindowsELOG V3.1.3-fd7javascript?

Is there anyone out there who can help me get started using javascript in elog ?  Is there an example somewhere ... i suppose you put the code in the
scripts folder?

Basically I am trying to calculate age of an added person in the database and display it after the birthdate field.  I  want to do other stuff, but once I know how 
the interaction is done I can proceed.

Thankx heaps

Great job btw with this ELOG ... been using it for years now.  I see you can add forms with html also, this might interest me for the future.

ELOG V3.1.5-fe60aaf