Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 770 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icondown Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  67086   Wed Jul 6 12:06:01 2011 Angy Soren Poulsensoren.poulsen@cern.chBug reportLinux2.9.0-2413Re: ELOG deamon stuck in find_thread_head()

Soren Poulsen wrote:

soren poulsen wrote:

ELOG seems to enter a loop when you do certain opeations on certain messages: I moved a message to a different logbook and the deamon just gets stuck.

If I restart the daemon, the message was in fact moved: I can move it back to its original destination without problems.

I started in GDB and break with ctrl-C when the process gets stuck, to be told :

Program received signal SIGINT, Interrupt.
0x000000000040a968 in find_thread_head ()

I then made a core dump.

I put the files here: http://cern.ch/poulsen2/elog-error-report-110430.zip (they are too big to upload).

I get into the same problem in other circumstances such as when opening some threads (maybe because they contain "Reply-to" references to non-existing messages, but I have problems reproducing this on the test installation.

I should maybe also submit the incriminating thread.

Soren

1. It appears that some times find_thread_head is called with message references that do not exist. That is not good.

I put in a little check like this  before seeing if the message has an "in_reply_to" reference:

The line:

if (lbs->el_index[i].in_reply_to)

becomes:

if (i < *lbs->n_el_index && lbs->el_index[i].in_reply_to)

2. The trouble started when I deleted a message in the middle of a thread, which left the thread badly "connected" (references to a deleted message).

3. Also, when a thread is badly connected, it is a problem moving messages to a different logbook. ELOG complains that it cannot access the message (with the invalid reference). But ELOG should ignore it, since the message was deleted.

Soren

It would be nice to have this corrected. The problem occurs when you select (read) a message which refers to another message via "In-reply-to", and this message does not exist.

Soren

67146   Wed Nov 9 20:15:38 2011 Angy Steve Nahnnahn@mit.eduBug reportLinux2.9.0Global Synchronization with 2.9.0

Hi

I just updated my mirror server, which I just use as a backup to my main server, to 2.9.0 and found that after logging in (the selection page is not protected, but the individual logbooks are) and coming back to the selection page I no longer get the "Synchronize all logbooks" even though I am an admin user. The relevant code is in elogd.c in the show_selection_page() routine:

/* only admin user sees synchronization link */
        if (is_admin_user("global", getparam("unm"))) {
         rsprintf("<tr>\n");
         rsprintf("<td colspan=13 class=\"seltitle\">\n");
         rsprintf("<a href=\"?cmd=Synchronize\">%s</a></td>\n", loc("Synchronize all logbooks"));
         rsprintf("</tr>\n");
      }

what is happening is that after logging in to a logbook and coming back to the selection page, the "unm" parameter is not set, so getparam("unm") returns NULL, who clearly is not in the admin user list.  The strange thing is that in an individual logbook the unm (and uname) parameters are working fine, and I have admin rights - can change the global config file, do an individual synchronization, etc.  It is just from the selection page that the unm parameter is not working.

In fact, I commented out the if statement above, just to see if I could get synchronized using the link, and that failed too, with a message "No user name supplied for remote access" even though I do have a "mirror user" statement in my config.  Again, if I do each one individually it all works.  In addition, the cron synchronization (i.e. mirror cron) also works fine.

Obviously this isn't crucial, just a pain that can be worked around, but if anyone has any ideas I'd be glad to hear them.

Steve

PS Another feature request: when you forget to set an icon in this forum and then use the "back button" it shouldn't force you to rewrite the whole message over again!

67212   Wed Mar 14 15:08:17 2012 Angy Olivier Callotolivier.callot@cern.chBug reportLinux2.9.0-2418Re: Truncation of the displayed text in Summary view of the list of entries

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Olivier Callot wrote:

In the summary view, it seems that the text is truncated at the first "<" character. See https://lblogbook.cern.ch/Shift/48812 for a simple entry, then use the 'list' command to see that only a very small part is displayed.

That's a feature

In the summary view, I cannot use any HTML code, since it will screw up the table layout. Therefore elog searches for any "<" and ">" pairs and removes the text in between. In principle one could do a better job, but I do not want to write a complete HTML interpreter just for that purpose. 

Well, this is a choice. But if the encoding of the entry is 'plain', you could just avoid checking for embeded HTML. We use the summary view constantly for our main experiment logbook. Thanks anyway.

67441   Wed Feb 20 02:45:45 2013 Angy John Haggertyhaggerty@bnl.govBug reportWindows2.9.2.2455FCKEditor doesn't show up in Windows 8?

After installing ELOG on a new Windows 8 machine, I found everything working fine... until I went to make a new entry.   New entries work... but the FCKEditor toolbars do not show up.  I tried a variety of things (start as a service, start not as a service, run as administrator), but nothing made the toolbar appear that I coumd find.  The ELCode editor toolbar appears, but the nifty FCKEditor toobar never appears.  I could not figure out how to debug FCKEditor.  Any ideas?

67594   Wed Oct 30 17:57:38 2013 Angy Fabio Sellagaia-gc@altecspace.itQuestionLinux2.9.2-1kerberos authentication NOT working

Hi guys,

we configured a kdc server using OPENLDAP as backend. We installed on it elog and configured the Kerberos Authentication on one logbook as follows:

Authentication = Kerberos, File
Kerberos Realm = TEST.COM
Password file = ./pwd.xml

Detect language » Italian

Even if the kinit comand is retrieving correctly a ticket for the user tsearch@TEST.COM(we see it using klist and tcpdump on lo interface), elogd kerberos authentication is not working.

We tried using tcpdump for troubleshooting but no traffic is generated on the loopback interface.

Did someone solve this problem or do you have an idea on how to make the kerberos authentication working?

Thanks

67856   Wed Apr 8 11:40:27 2015 Angy Oliver Kleinauoliver.kleinau@it.niedersachsen.deQuestionLinux3.1Max Logbooks for Email notify

Hi,

we've got 109 logbooks in Elog. Whenever I set a notify for all logbooks in configuration menu it is limited to 73 entrys. After saving the changes the rest of the entrys are cut off.
I've already searched in the sourcecode if I can find some limitation for that but without success.

When I change the password file by hand, it is working as long as I don't change anything in the configuration that rewrites the file.

Regards,
Oliver

67875   Tue May 5 07:33:50 2015 Angy Thomas Lindnerlindner@triumf.caBug reportLinux3.1.0Problem with autosave functionality when combined with no 'edit' button

We recently tried upgrading the ND280 elog instance to elog 3.1.0. [1] We seem to have some problems with this 'auto-save' functionality.  Specifically, it doesn't seem to play nice with the fact that we prefer to disable user's ability to edit old messages.  So we have (up to now), had the following set of commands specified in elogd.ccfg

Menu commands = List, New, Reply, Delete, Duplicate, Copy to, Move to, Find, Help

The problem is that we now get auto-saved messages, but no ability for the user to actually go back and finish the draft message.  You can see an example of this state in this test elog

http://neut17.triumf.ca:8080/demo/

Clicking on the draft message you can see that it can't be editted.  If you try to click 'new' then edit the draft, you get the message 'Error: Command "Edit" not allowed'.  So we had zombie draft messages, until we added the edit command back; but that defeats our preference that users not mess up old messages.

In general this auto-saving seems like a useful feature.  So the ideal solution for me would be to have some mode where users could edit/finish draft messages, but where we could still disable users from editting completed/finished messages.  Ie, where we can omit 'Edit' from the menu command, but still get auto-save.

A less ideal, but perhaps simpler solution would be that if an elog has omitted 'Edit' from the menu commands, then this auto-save/save functionality is disabled so that we don't get uneditable draft messages.

[1] https://midas.psi.ch/elogs/Forum/67855

68031   Wed Jun 24 19:27:49 2015 Angy Mario Gaertnerm.gaertner@estrel.comQuestionWindowslatestNeed to move ELOG to other host

Hi there,

our host running ELOG crashed. I installed ELOG at another host with copying backup files / folders to new installation. New installation looks fine and seems to be working. But one big problem occurs I only can see some of former existing logbooks. Are there any suggestions how to build an new ELOG with old data?

Many thanks Mario

ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886