Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 771 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icondown Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  68372   Thu Aug 4 14:28:18 2016 Angy Chris Smythchris.smyth@comcast.netQuestionWindowsELOG V2.7.8-229SSL

How do I enable SSL with port 443 in version ELOG V2.7.8-2294 and rename from localhost?

Server is running Windows 2008

We got http://servername:8080 to work and on the network just fine..

but everytime we try to change the port to 443 in global we cant get anything with https:// working 

port = 443

ssl = 1

url = https://servername

how do you customize the elog.exe or elogd for windows enviorment to listen on port 443 with specific hostname. please give an example.

Thanks...

68747   Tue Feb 27 15:11:23 2018 Angy KaterKarlo99katerkarlo99@gmail.comBug reportLinux | Windows3.1.3.1User passwords not configurable with loacl passwordfile

Hi!

Tryed windows an linux version. On booth the "Register new User" dialog is not displaying a password line.
so what password is used for the new user? Further the user can't change his password, because he didn't know the old one.

And if an admin user trys to change the password of an other user, a error is displyed that the old password of the admin user is
wrong and nothing happens with the password of the non-admin user.

elog console (admin user awrzkrz changes the password of testuser1):

GET /demo/?cmd=Config&config=TestUser1&cfgpage=1&admin=1&cfg_user=TestUser1&active=1&new_user_name=TestUser1&new_full_name=TEST+User&new_user_email=test%40heaven.org&cmd=Change+password HTTP/1.1
Returned 1032 bytes
GET /demo/?config=TestUser1&newpwd=test1234&newpwd2=test1234 HTTP/1.1
Returned 20 bytes
GET /demo/?cmd=Change%20password&config=awrzkrz&fail=1 HTTP/1.1
Returned 1215 bytes

Thanks for help!

69497   Thu Mar 17 18:22:37 2022 Angy Greg Christiangreg.christian@smu.caQuestionLinuxV3.1.4-395e101Unformatted Appearance of Elog

I recently ported an elog over to a new server running Ubuntu 20.10. Everything is working okay, except sometimes I get a strange unformatted appearance when I go to the elog page (see attachment). The happening of this seems random. For example, yesterday, when I started the elogd daemon everything looked fine, but when I log in today I get the unformatted appearance. Also, yesterday when I was setting things up, sometimes certain logbooks would have the formatting issue, and I could make this go away with a kill...restart cycle of elogd.

I downloaded the source code from here: https://elog.psi.ch/elog/download.html, selecting the elog-latest.tar.gz file.

I have tried viewing the elog on 3 different browsers (firefox, IE, Edge), result is the same every time.

Any thoughts about what the problem is?

Attachment 1: Capture.PNG
Capture.PNG
  69566   Tue Oct 4 20:43:28 2022 Angy mathew goebelmgoebel@emich.eduQuestionLinuxELOG V3.1.4-3d7Anyone else running elogd on redhat ES 8 having random crashes?

For the last couple of months we are getting a random elogd crash once in a while we are getting something like the following in the middle of the night

> Sep 29 20:45:07 elog kernel: server_name686835]: segfault at 7ffd7f5a0000 ip 00007fceaeabbf06 sp 00007ffd7f577348 error 6 in libc-2.28.so[7fceaea8a000+1bc000]

I'm going to try and see if it will leave a coredump file, just thought I would ask if anyone else had seen this before?

Thanks,
Matt

69668   Tue May 2 02:57:45 2023 Angy cheref mohamed lamine emeland85@gmail.comBug fixWindows3.1.4issue where not all users are able to log into their sessions

I have an issue where not all users are able to log into their sessions and they are still settling on the login page

Attachment 1: Login.PNG
Login.PNG
  Draft   Thu Aug 24 19:31:03 2023 Angy Evinrude Motorminsonj2016@gmail.comQuestionLinux3.1.5-1Re: File/App associations for attachments

Hold on I'm having a senior moment

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Below are the MIME types hard-coded into elogd. As you can see there is neither .ods nor .eml. If you give me the MIME type, I can add that easily. I wonder however why both work differently for you. I believe this is a browser setting.

Stefan

struct FILETYPE {
   char ext[32];
   char type[80];
} filetype[] = {
        {".AI",   "application/postscript"},
        {".ASC",  "text/plain"},
        {".BZ2",  "application/x-bzip2"},
        {".CFG",  "text/plain"},
        {".CHRT", "application/x-kchart"},
        {".CONF", "text/plain"},
        {".CSH",  "application/x-csh"},
        {".CSS",  "text/css"},
        {".DOC",  "application/msword"},
        {".DVI",  "application/x-dvi"},
        {".EPS",  "application/postscript"},
        {".GIF",  "image/gif"},
        {".GZ",   "application/x-gzip"},
        {".HTM",  "text/html"},
        {".HTML", "text/html"},
        {".ICO",  "image/x-icon"},
        {".JPEG", "image/jpeg"},
        {".JPG",  "image/jpeg"},
        {".JS",   "application/x-javascript"},
        {".KPR",  "application/x-kpresenter"},
        {".KSP",  "application/x-kspread"},
        {".KWD",  "application/x-kword"},
        {".MP3",  "audio/mpeg"},
        {".OGG",  "application/x-ogg"},
        {".PDF",  "application/pdf"},
        {".PNG",  "image/png"},
        {".PS",   "application/postscript"},
        {".RAM",  "audio/x-pn-realaudio"},
        {".RM",   "audio/x-pn-realaudio"},
        {".RPM",  "application/x-rpm"},
        {".RTF",  "application/rtf"},
        {".SH",   "application/x-sh"},
        {".SVG",  "image/svg+xml"},
        {".TAR",  "application/x-tar"},
        {".TCL",  "application/x-tcl"},
        {".TEX",  "application/x-tex"},
        {".TGZ",  "application/x-gzip"},
        {".TIF",  "image/tiff"},
        {".TIFF", "image/tiff"},
        {".TXT",  "text/plain"},
        {".WAV",  "audio/x-wav"},
        {".XLS",  "application/x-msexcel"},
        {".XML",  "text/xml"},
        {".XSL",  "text/xml"},
        {".ZIP",  "application/x-zip-compressed"},
        /* Open XML file types */
        {".DOCM", "application/vnd.ms-word.document.macroEnabled.12"},
        {".DOCX", "application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.document"},
        {".DOTM", "application/vnd.ms-word.template.macroEnabled.12"},
        {".DOTX", "application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.wordprocessingml.template"},
        {".PPSM", "application/vnd.ms-powerpoint.slideshow.macroEnabled.12"},
        {".PPSX", "application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.slideshow"},
        {".PPTM", "application/vnd.ms-powerpoint.presentation.macroEnabled.12"},
        {".PPTX", "application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.presentationml.presentation"},
        {".XLSB", "application/vnd.ms-excel.sheet.binary.macroEnabled.12"},
        {".XLSM", "application/vnd.ms-excel.sheet.macroEnabled.12"},
        {".XLSX", "application/vnd.openxmlformats-officedocument.spreadsheetml.sheet"},
        {".XPS",  "application/vnd.ms-xpsdocument"},
        {"",      ""},
};

69695   Mon Sep 18 13:49:05 2023 Angy Heinz Junkesjunkes@fhi-berlin.mpg.deBug reportLinuxelogd 3.1.4elog server crashed due to cookies send by client

Our elog instance (elogd 3.1.4 built Jan 13 2021, 20:44:20 revision ce2a48e9) has been running for years without any problems.

We have a new user who consistently crashes the elog:

GET /Omicron-STM-XPS/?rsort=Record%20date HTTP/1.1
Host: elog.fhi-berlin.mpg.de:4821
Cache-Control: max-age=0
DNT: 1
Upgrade-Insecure-Requests: 1
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/117.0.0.0 Safari/537.36
Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,image/avif,image/webp,image/apng,*/*;q=0.8,application/signed-exchange;v=b3;q=0.7
sec-gpc: 1
Sec-Fetch-Site: same-origin
Sec-Fetch-Mode: navigate
Sec-Fetch-User: ?1
Sec-Fetch-Dest: document
sec-ch-ua: "Google Chrome";v="117", "Not;A=Brand";v="8", "Chromium";v="117"
sec-ch-ua-mobile: ?0
sec-ch-ua-platform: "Linux"
Referer: https://elog.fhi-berlin.mpg.de/elog/isc/Omicron-STM-XPS/
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate, br
Accept-Language: el-GR,el;q=0.9,en;q=0.8
Cookie: ufnm=Sotirios Tsatsos; urem=1; elmode=full; elattach=1; sid=CD2B04E2C3F02EA4; googtrans=/en/en; amp_6e403e=aWS6RQd5UjGctj5Ym_cDzA.c2Fsdm9fc290b2thaXRlbkB5YWhvby5jb20=..1hajnscc0.1hajnscc0.0.ac.ac
X-Forwarded-For: 141.14.151.26
X-Forwarded-Host: elog.fhi-berlin.mpg.de
X-Forwarded-Server: elog.fhi-berlin.mpg.de
Connection: Keep-Alive

Received unknown cookie "googtrans"
Received unknown cookie "amp_6e403e"
*** buffer overflow detected ***: terminated
Abort (core dumped)

69759   Tue Mar 12 09:12:32 2024 Angy Celeste Torkzabantorkzaban@iqo.uni-hannover.deBug reportLinuxELOG V3.1.3-793Draft saved after ~15 minutes, then anything entered a few hours later is ignored

Hello,

I've noticed that many times, I start an elog and continue editing adding to a few hours later, then I submit and it deletes everything I entered after the last time a draft was saved. I paid more attention and saw that it saves a draft after about a few minutes, and if I wait too long before submitting, it doesn't let me re-save the draft. My workaround is to copy all text before I submit, so if it ignores whatever I entered after the last saved version, I can edit it and paste it back in. Is there a setting someplace that I can change to fix this problem?

Thanks!

ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886