Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 770 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subjectdown
  69637   Wed Feb 1 11:13:21 2023 Warning James Smallcombesmallcombe.james@jaea.go.jpQuestionLinux3.1.4CKeditor Settings Cant Be Changed

I wanted to change some CKeditor settings so tried modifying elog/scripts/ckeditor to no avail.

I wiped elog/scripts/ and dropped a fresh download of CKeditor4, with only the basic extensions. But when I open the elog it still shows the full toolbar, with elog default style and with all extensions operational.

If I leave elog/scripts empty, I get "CKeditor NOT detected" when starting elogd and the HTML option is empty and shows nothing, all as expected.

Does anyone understand this? Is there some CKeditor configuration file elog is defering to that I've overlooked? I have tried system wide seaches just in case.

68029   Wed Jun 24 15:18:30 2015 Warning Ben Shepherdben.shepherd@stfc.ac.ukBug reportLinux3.1.0-2411f95CKEditor won't load under IE Compatibility Mode

I just upgraded to 3.1.0 after many years using 2.9.2. Our eLogs are absolutely crucial for the operation of our accelerators, so first of all I'd like to say: thanks a lot for everything you've done! It's a rock-solid application that works really well.

The issue I'm having is a minor one. Some of our users are using Internet Explorer 11, which has a Compatibility Mode option that is enabled by default for intranet sites (of which our eLog is one). This mode emulates IE7, and this causes the CKEditor rich text box to fail to load. I can tell our users to disable the CM setting on their browsers, but it may be that a simple server-side fix is possible as well.

It would be nice if the eLog pages could have a <meta name="viewport" content="width=device-width, initial-scale=1.0"> tag, so that it displays nicely on smaller screens. I've been adding this myself in some Javascript code (see elogHelper.js on the above-linked website), but it doesn't appear on every page (the logbook selection page, for instance). I also made some modifications to the CSS so that the list display collapses down when the browser window is very narrow.

The new autosave functionality is really good. I hacked something together to do this for our log a while ago, but it's nice that it's inbuilt now.

Thanks again!

Ben

Draft   Fri Sep 9 19:42:05 2022 Question Paul Paquetteppaquette@hamptonnh.govQuestion ELOG V3.1.4-a04By Passing the Email requirements for Elog

Hello Sir,

I'v been a long time user fo Elog for about 14 years.  We use it for indexing our Zoning Board of Adjustment Meeting Minutes for Decision on Properties within the Town of Hampton.  Is it possibel to by-pass the SMTP mailer for building logins and password changes.   We are a small network where we deal wiht the customer face to face in reseting password and builing new users.  Having the user reset them selves doesn't happen and normally we just take a ticket and do the task for them. 

We are building a new user and take we have not done in 10 years.  In those ten years the decsion was made to The Town onto Office 365 E3 GCC  and remove the ole mail server.  Now I'm finding impossible to build a new user or reset a password without SMTP support.

Thank you in advance.

68846   Thu Oct 11 10:51:17 2018 Question Roland Beyerroland.beyer@hzdr.deQuestionLinuxV3.1.1-0767eb0Buttons missing in ckeditor

Hello everybody,

we had to setup a new server for our elog some time ago because the old one crashed. We are now running version ELOG V3.1.1-0767eb0.

In the previous installation we had these nice buttons for file upload, time stamp and equation editor, which are also available here in the online version.

I already found that in the installation directory ("/usr/local/elog/") there exists a directory "scripts" containing a file "ckeditor-config.js", which also contains the lines:
"config.extraPlugins = 'timestamp,dndfiles,eqneditor,fileupload';" and "{ name: 'insert', items: [ 'Image', 'Table', 'HorizontalRule', 'Smiley', 'SpecialChar', 'PageBreak', 'FileUpload', 'Timestamp', 'EqnEditor' ] },"

These plugins seem to be available in the subdirectory "scripts/ckeditor/plugins/". But why are they not loaded? Is it just a version issue? Or something else?

It would be nice to get a hint.

Best regards,

Roland

69589   Fri Dec 2 14:12:35 2022 Warning Laurent Jean-Rigaudlollspam@free.frBug fixLinux3.14 gitBuildrpm / copy .cxx in place of .c

Hi Stefan,

It seems buildrpm should be updated to take care of cpp files. Plz replace "cp <blahblah>.c ..." by "cp <blahblah>.cxx ..." .

Also, uncomment the hostname test witch activates all authentification options by default. It should be done by adding options as follow : buildrpm ver rel -ldap -ker ...

By default, i can not build elog with LDAP.

After that mods, rpms are builded under EL7 (w/o LDAP support which is not useful for me).

Bye

Laurent

67155   Fri Dec 16 18:28:58 2011 Question Hung Daohungtdao@yahoo.comQuestionWindows2.9Build with Visual Studio 2010?

First I have tried to checkout the source code and got an error shown in below.  So, I clicked on the Web Access link to download the trunk.tar.gz.  I have opened elogd.sln in Visual Studio 2010.  Despite of downloading openssl and and installing krb5, I still received errors related to header files that could not be opened or found.  Has anyone checked out all files from trunk.tar.gz and built successfully.  Any hint or advise prior to build this elogd solution in VS2010 will be highly appreciated. 

>svn checkout svn+ssh://svn@savannah.psi.ch/repos/meg/elog/trunk elog
svn: E720002: Unable to connect to a repository at URL 'svn+ssh://svn@savannah.psi.ch/repo
s/meg/elog/trunk'
svn: E720002: Can't create tunnel: The system cannot find the file specified.

275   Wed Apr 9 13:49:32 2003 Entry nickc1nick@nick.comInfo  Bugs with 2.3.5
Forgot password option generates an error message

Password file hashes are different causing migrated password files to fail 
but only for certain users, try password 516135 hashed in 2.3.4 and compare 
to version 2.3.5 they are different.

Summary page title = string doesnt work also it results in the default ELOG 
DB Name

HELP
  617   Thu Jul 22 16:50:19 2004 Warning Todd Corsatcorsa@bnl.govBug reportLinux2.5.3Bugs in newer updates w/ Debian install?
I just updated ELOG using the latest elogd.c, and now my Quick Filters seem 
to stop working after the first or second filter attempt. I find that if I 
allow fewer quick filter options it seems to work more consistently. For 
example:

Example 1-
Quick filter = Date
The date filter will work without a problem no matter how many times I use 
it.

Example 2-
Quick filter = Date, Category, Status, Priority
The first filter I use will work, but upon trying a new filter, or just a 
new option in the same filter, all options return to "All Entries" and no 
filter options have any effect on the view.
If I exit the log book, and come back in, it works for the first filter 
attempt, then stops again.

This used to work fine prior to the update. I should also mention that the 
original installation of ELOG was from the Debian package. At that point, 
nothing was where the documentation said it should be (e.g. elogd.cfg was 
called elog.conf and was placed in the /etc/ directory). Everything worked 
fine, so I left it alone. When I recompiled with the newer elogd.c, 
anything that required a path was hosed, so I now have to specify the 
resource directory and the path to the conf file when starting ELOG. I 
don't know why this would affect the Quick Filter, and I'd assume that it 
would just stop working all together. Also, when I recompiled using "gcc -
O -o elogd elogd.c", I received the following warning: