Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 771 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subjectdown
  2033   Thu Nov 2 18:02:44 2006 Warning David Spindlerdsspindler@gmail.comBug reportWindows2.6.2-1734Bug? Password file location changed
I just tried to upgrade from 2.6.1-1633 to 2.6.2-1734. Whenever I tried to access the elog, it showed my password to be invalid. I tried this on 2 machines and same results. I did notice on the second one when I started it from a command prompt that it was creating a new empty password file in a different location.

I have a password file called pwd.txt. It resides in the main elog directory, in my case, c:\elog, along with the elgod.exe and elogd.cfg. Apparently, the new version looks for it in the logbooks directory. I adjusted my path to the file and it works fine.

I am reporting this as a bug because it is my guess that this is not an expected result. I would expect the old elogd.cfg file to work without altering in the newer version.

Thanks, keep up the great work, Stefan. You have a great program.
David Spindler
  69363   Tue May 4 14:45:47 2021 Entry Faithfaithlessangel85@gmail.comBug reportLinux3.1.2Bug: "Append on edit" triggers too often

The command "Append on edit = " is getting executed everytime, when a dropdown menu is changed. This happens even at the first creation of an entry, so the append text stucks up multiple times in the text body.

68667   Mon Aug 21 11:45:06 2017 Idea Andreas Luedekeandreas.luedeke@psi.chBug reportAll3.1.3-aded4aeBug with Drafts and Language German

Hi Stefan,

when one creates a new entry, and a draft entry exists for the logbook, then a menu appears (see attachment).
If one select "Neuen Eintrag anlegen" then it should ignore the draft and create a new entry.
This feat is done by adding a "&ignore=1" to the "new" command: "<URL>/?cmd=New&ignore=1".
The problem is, that it should not be "cmd=New&..." but "cmd=Neu", since the commands are part of the translation.
Due to this, no new entry can be created as long as a draft exists; at least not in any language other than english.
This problem apparently existed since the beginning of drafts, but it only created problems at our site recently.
Kind Regards
Andreas

PS: Here's a patch that works:

diff  elogd.c elogd.c-orig
9575,9576c9575,9576
<    rsprintf("<input type=button value=\"%s\" onClick=\"window.location.href='?cmd=%s&ignore=1';\">\n", loc("Create new entry"),
<             loc("New"));
---
>    rsprintf("<input type=button value=\"%s\" onClick=\"window.location.href='%s';\">\n", loc("Create new entry"),
>             "?cmd=New&ignore=1");
Attachment 1: elog_lang_pending_draft_bug.png
elog_lang_pending_draft_bug.png
  69224   Tue Sep 22 18:54:04 2020 Question Andreykowaraj4stuff@gmail.comBug reportLinuxELOG V3.1.4-493Bug report. "Submit" button misbehave

Hi. 

I am an IT guy of the AMS collaboration at CERN. We have been using your wonderful elog software for about 10 years now. Thanks! It served us so well that I guess we never got in touch with you. 

Recently we have upgraded it (probably for the first time in years) up to the version ELOG V3.1.4-4936b76.

Since then, we have a particular problem. And finally, I managed to reproduce it.

So, when I edit a record and click the "Submit" button it goes back to the summary view (as usual, as before) but it does not really save the entry. And it shows that the record is still being edited. I can actually click "back" in the browser and not to lose the modifications (otherwise, if I try to edit and steal the lock, it's lost). 

I will try to figure out where the problem is coming from. The most verbose mode of the elog server I've found is just GET-POST lines, not helpful. Is there a debug mode? 

Also, we ran httpd configured with the elogd as a virtual host (proxy).

Any help is very appreciated. 

Cheers, 

Andrey

69370   Mon Jun 14 17:25:02 2021 Idea Andreas Luedekeandreas.luedeke@psi.chBug reportAllV3.1.4Bug Report with CSS includes (was Re: How to format a column in list display?)

Okay, found some solution for my problem:

List Change Pikett = <div class="pikett">$Pikett</div>
CSS=pikett.css

And file themes/default/pikett.css contains:

.pikett {
  background-color:white;
  font-size:16px;
  font-family:monospace;
  text-align:left;
}

That works like a charm - until I log in to the logbook. Then the include of the CSS in the header is garbled with some "prefix" of random chars:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="elog.css">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="`=T ýpikett.css">

And a quick check in the source code shows some bad code:

L7615: function "show_html_header"

rsprintf("<link rel=\"stylesheet\" type=\"text/css\" href=\"%s%s\">\n", css_base, css);

Here css_base is a not initialized local variable of the function. In fact the above line is the only reference of that variable char css_base[1000].

The bug is still present in elog-3.1.4-611489b

Andreas Luedeke wrote:
There is the nice conditional formatting feature for List display:
Cell Style <attribute> <value> = <style>
I would like to use it without conditions: some attributes should always be formatted in a specific way.

Specifically I want a generated attribute (combined from other attributes) to be display in monospace font.
The "Format Pikett = 0, attribname, messagelist" works nicely for the single entry display (pik1), but not for List view (pik-list).

Would it be possible to create a new command "List format <attribute> = <css_class_name>,<css_class_value>,<width>,<size>", or is there another way to achieve this?

69372   Mon Jun 14 18:51:59 2021 Reply Sebastian Schenksebastian.schenk@physik.uni-halle.deBug reportAllV3.1.4Bug Report with CSS includes (was Re: How to format a column in list display?)

Hi Andreas,

the bug you have found was already reported in an earlier issue, together with the same solution you have found.
https://elog.psi.ch/elogs/Forum/69368

Best wishes,
Sebastian

Andreas Luedeke wrote:
[...]

That works like a charm - until I log in to the logbook. Then the include of the CSS in the header is garbled with some "prefix" of random chars:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="elog.css">
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="`=T ýpikett.css">

And a quick check in the source code shows some bad code:

L7615: function "show_html_header"

rsprintf("<link rel=\"stylesheet\" type=\"text/css\" href=\"%s%s\">\n", css_base, css);

Here css_base is a not initialized local variable of the function. In fact the above line is the only reference of that variable char css_base[1000].

The bug is still present in elog-3.1.4-611489b

372   Mon Jun 16 17:44:49 2003 Entry nickc1nick@nick.comBug reportLinux2.3.8Bug Found
Ive just been alerted to a bug with email notifications in Elog.

Basically if your log book contains a space then the URL that is sent in 
emails when creating tickets or updating old entries doesnt put %20 (IEs 
space) inthe URL it leaves a space hense breaking the link.

for example

Correct Way prior to 2.3.8

http://192.168.0.1:99/Provisioning%20Request/35

Broken way with new version

http://192.168.0.1:99/Provisioning Request/35
                                 ^
Link is broken at this point

My config looks like this

Email Status Assigned = $Owner@abc.co.uk
Email Status Re-Assigned = $Owner@abc.co.uk
Email Status Completed = $Requester@abc.co.uk
Email "Send Update Email" Yes = $Requester@abc.co.uk
Use Email Subject = A Provisioning Ticket has been assigned to you or 
completed
Use Email From = NetworkTeam@abc.co.uk
  2148   Thu Mar 1 15:55:52 2007 Warning Robert-Jan SchrijversRobert-Jan.Schrijvers@isoft.nlBug reportWindowsV2.6.3-176Bug
when i was editting my Admin file, by mistake i typed the next line:

[a}Options Sessies = p-zis-pr1{1}, p-szh-pro{2}, p-dia-pro{3}, a-zis-ac1{1}, a-zis-ac2{2}, a-dia-acc{3}, ---------------------, Anders
{b} Options Sessies = FSC Pro{4}, FSC Acc{4}, Risc/Bus/Sms Pro{5}, Risc/Bus/Sms Acc{5}, ---------------------, Anders
{c} Options Sessies = BAO, BEH, BAOMPSO, BEHMPSO, Demonstrator, AFS, PTG, BSN, ---------------------, Anders
{d} Options Sessies = Wijziging, Storing

the next thing happened was that eLog created a new log which wasn't editable at all, the only thing i could do was deleting it (i created a monster...;-)
The first line/rule with the [ become the title, all other entries in the Admin file were used as a new Admin file.
ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886