Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 771 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Emaildown Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  65827   Sat Apr 12 16:37:44 2008 Idea Arno TeunisseA.teeling3@chello.nlInfoWindows Manual installing elog as service on Windows

Hello

Sometimes it can come in handy to start a temporary elog service on the Windows platform. ( Maybe for testing purposes )

You can use the SC.exe utility to do that. If it is not on you're system you may download it from : ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/reskit/win2000/sc.zip

For this you can use the following procedure ( from the dos prompt ) :

sc.exe create AIX-elog binPath= "\"c:\ELOG2.7.3\elogd.exe\" -D -c c:\ELOG2.7.3\security.cfg" DisPlayname= "AIX Elog Security" start= auto

If all went well the system answers :

[SC] CreateService SUCCESS

Please notice the strange way the double quotes are used and the space after the = in the above command.

Now open the windows services ( from the prompt ) : services.msc

In the window that opens you will see the just created service with the DisPlayname you gave in the above command.

You see it is not started. You could click start, but there is an other way.

Now you can start the service from the prompt using the DisPlayname :

net start "AIX elog security"

Press F5 ( refresh ) in the services window and you will see that the service is started.

Or stop the service :

net stop "AIX elog security"

To remove the service ( from the registry ) :

sc.exe delete AIX-elog

The system gives back :

[SC] DeleteService SUCCESS

The other option is to start elogd.exe from the prompt :

elogd.exe -c 

This is all for now

65839   Thu Apr 17 22:40:12 2008 Reply Arno TeunisseA.teeling3@chello.nlBug reportWindows2.7.3-2058Re: conditional options are not working in find

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Arno Teunisse wrote:

Would be nice if the user can search with the same items he used entering the data into the form.

I finally found some time to implement conditional attributes in the find form. This new feature is contained in SVN revision 2104 and in the Windows version 2.7.3-3.

Hello Stefan

Just downloaded the windows version. It is working great !! Thanks, for this quick solution.. and you're time..

Just like elog more and more...

65840   Thu Apr 17 23:20:50 2008 Reply Arno TeunisseA.teeling3@chello.nlBug reportWindows2.7.3-2058Re: conditional options are not working in find

Arno Teunisse wrote:

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Arno Teunisse wrote:

Would be nice if the user can search with the same items he used entering the data into the form.

I finally found some time to implement conditional attributes in the find form. This new feature is contained in SVN revision 2104 and in the Windows version 2.7.3-3.

Hello Stefan

Just downloaded the windows version. It is working great !! Thanks, for this quick solution.. and you're time..

Just like elog more and more...

Just noticed that in IExplorer and Firefox when creating a new entrie i got a popup with the following text in it : Unknown toolbar item "ShowBlocks"

When clicking OK : everything is working. Think it has to do with FCKedit, but I'm not shure.

65843   Fri Apr 18 20:30:12 2008 Reply Arno TeunisseA.teeling3@chello.nlBug reportWindows2.7.3-2058Re: conditional options are not working in find

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Arno Teunisse wrote:

Just noticed that in IExplorer and Firefox when creating a new entrie i got a popup with the following text in it : Unknown toolbar item "ShowBlocks"

When clicking OK : everything is working. Think it has to do with FCKedit, but I'm not shure.

There must be an old version of FCKedit. Maybe just clear your browser's cache and try again. You can also try to download elog273-3.exe again (the one from yesterday I built at home on my laptop, so maybe something went wrong...). The current one (dated April 18th) I build at the institute.

Hello Stefan

You're right. Probably it's the old FCKedit that was in the browser cache. Clearing it and the problem was gone.

So there's nothing wrong with you're laptop.

Thank's again for the fix..

66359   Sun May 10 22:18:56 2009 Question Arno TeunisseA.teeling3@chello.nlQuestionWindows2.7.6-2191Mail and logged in user

Hello

Was playing with elog. I send mail to the persons involved with a elog entrie. This mail produces something like this ( rather default) .

Logbook: Accelerator  Message ID: 4    Entry time: 05/10/09 21:48:25     In reply to: 3

When I am logged in into elog , clicking on the Message ID 4 or 3 from the mail client , elog is started with the logged in user at that time and it's permissions.  So instead of starting a new elog session ( and getting the guest permission ) I get the permission of the currently logged in user.( Could be the administrator / root) . The process will function correctly i no one is logged in into elog. I've tested this on a local machine, so I cannot say if the same happens when multiple  machines are used. So, maybe it's a bug, maybe it's my testing  configuration. 

Do not know if i explained  the problem clear enough, but is seems something that could be examined.

By the way : thanks for this great and free program.

66365   Tue May 19 23:43:20 2009 Reply Arno TeunisseA.teeling3@chello.nlQuestionWindows2.7.6-2191Re: Mail and logged in user

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Arno Teunisse wrote:

Hello

Was playing with elog. I send mail to the persons involved with a elog entrie. This mail produces something like this ( rather default) .

Logbook: Accelerator  Message ID: 4    Entry time: 05/10/09 21:48:25     In reply to: 3

When I am logged in into elog , clicking on the Message ID 4 or 3 from the mail client , elog is started with the logged in user at that time and it's permissions.  So instead of starting a new elog session ( and getting the guest permission ) I get the permission of the currently logged in user.( Could be the administrator / root) . The process will function correctly i no one is logged in into elog. I've tested this on a local machine, so I cannot say if the same happens when multiple  machines are used. So, maybe it's a bug, maybe it's my testing  configuration. 

Do not know if i explained  the problem clear enough, but is seems something that could be examined.

By the way : thanks for this great and free program. 

This is not a bug, this is a feature! Once you log in to ELOG, your credentials are stored in cookies of your local browser. If you access a logbook entry, like via the link you in your email, you still use that credentials. If you clear all cookies of your browser, or log out explicitly from ELOG, then of course you will only get guest access. 

Thanks Stefan

This was probably a buggy bug report. Was just testing things out on a local machine and cookies were send to the local machine. so the mail was using these cookies also.

In Practice this could never happen. 

66391   Wed Jun 10 22:27:08 2009 Question Arno TeunisseA.teeling3@chello.nlQuestionWindowsV2.7.6-219search and datetime

Hello

I have the following in elog.cfg :

Attributes = Author, Author Email, Category, Customer, server, Subject ,  Change Window Begin , Change Window End
List display = ID,Author, Author Email, Category, Customer, server,  Subject , 
Change Window Begin , Change Window End

Type Change Window Begin = datetime
Type Change Window End = datetime

So I want to be able to give a start and end date to the user.  However : If I open a find/Search I see this :

Clipboard01.jpg

There are for each  Change Window <item>   we get  Start: and End: time entries. Was expecting only one date entrie .

Why is this ? Seems to be a feature of datetime  or am i missing something.

66393   Fri Jun 12 23:43:28 2009 Question Arno TeunisseA.teeling3@chello.nlInfoWindowsV2.7.6-219Dropdown boxes and Moptions

Hello

I have a config file  :

Attributes = Author, Author Email, Category, Customer, server,HPSD_ID, Cust_ID ,Subject ,  Change Window
; which fields will be shown !!
List display = ID,Author, Category, Customer, server, HPSD_ID, Cust_ID,Subject ,  Change Window

Type Change Window  = datetime
# Type Change Window End = datetime
Options Category = Network , Server ,
Options Customer = Arag{A}, Frieslandbank{B}, Super de Boer{C}, NRE{D}

{A} Options server = arag-lin1,arag-lin2,arag-lin3,arag-lin4, arag-lin5, arag-lin6, arag-lin7
{B} Options server = rc1upas02, rc1upas22,rc1upas03,rc1upas04,rc1uptsm01,rc1upas07,rc1upas08
{C} Options server = xia61031,xia61032 ,xia61033,xia61034,xia61035,xia61036,xia61037,xia61038,xia61039,xia61040,xia61032 ,xia61033,xia61034,xia61035,xia61036,xia61037,xia61038,xia61039,xia61040
{D} Options server = server27,server32,server34 ,server37,server38,server40
Extendable options = Category , Customer,server
Required Attributes = server , customer, Subject, Change window Begin , Change Window End

This works OK, However when I change the {A} Options  to {A} Moptions in the above code i get an error which tells me that a required field is not selected. So, with the pull down it works, with Moptions ( select boxes )  it will say that a required field is not selected.  Any hints ?

regards Arno

ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886