Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 771 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Categoryup OS ELOG Version Subject
  66524   Thu Sep 3 18:14:26 2009 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chRequestLinux | Windows2.7.2-2012Re: multiple keyword search - regular expression

Johannes Liegl wrote:

Dear Sirs,

searching for keywords regular expression becomes very long. Are there any other type easy multiple keyword search supported. For example a keyword search like keyword1 & keyword2 results in different output than a keyword search like keyword2 & keyword1. A simple keyword search like "keyword1 & keyword2 and keyword2 &keyword1 should find all documents in a database containing both keywords resulting in the same output. 

I had this request already several times. Indeed I myself am not very happy with regular expressions. If anybody knows of any other convenient search method, together with freely available C code, I'm more than happy to include this into elog. 

66528   Fri Sep 4 13:59:19 2009 Reply Yoshio ImaiRequestLinux | Windows2.7.2-2012Re: multiple keyword search - regular expression
Maybe there is a simple way.
If I understand it correctly, the entries are accepted/rejected for inclusion in the search result list based on one call to regexec. In order to search for N keywords, you could replace this by a loop of N calls to regexec, and only accept the entry if all of them find a match.
  66529   Fri Sep 4 14:07:31 2009 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chRequestLinux | Windows2.7.2-2012Re: multiple keyword search - regular expression

Yoshio Imai wrote:
Maybe there is a simple way.
If I understand it correctly, the entries are accepted/rejected for inclusion in the search result list based on one call to regexec. In order to search for N keywords, you could replace this by a loop of N calls to regexec, and only accept the entry if all of them find a match.

That's right, but some people want something like

(NOT "House" and "Car") OR "Tree"

Using regex'es is a bit exotic for most users. So I hope there is some source code which implements a Google type search more or less 1:1. And Google does not use regex'es (is that right?). Here is the syntax for the Google search:

http://www.google.com/support/websearch/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=136861
  66553   Fri Sep 18 07:32:38 2009 Question soren poulsensoren.poulsen@cern.chRequestLinux2.7.7Option list length

Hi,

I use the following attribute definition:

Options <attribute> = <list> 

However, I am being limited by the list length limit of 100. I have 103 items, but I only see 100.

Could the limit be extended (to 200 for instance) ?

Thanks a lot for your help

Soren

66555   Wed Oct 7 01:31:05 2009 Idea Bill Pierbpier@clove.orgRequestAll2.7.7feature req.: identify ELOG web pages via META element

* Withdrawn *

The HTML layout produced by elogd is horrendous to deal with programmatically; I give up.

Hi,

I'm writing a greasemonkey script to slightly alter the look of the pages served by the ELOG server.  One difficulty that I'm struggling with is how to identify what type of page ELOG has created.  While I have several methods to determine the page type, such as a log entry vs. log entries summary, the solutions are not straight forward and not clean.  As far as I tell, there's no specific identification in HTML document currently that describes and identifies the type of page being served by the ELOG server.

So, I'm requesting that the pages created by ELOG be identified in some fashion with the META element, such as:

<meta name="description" content="elog log entry" />

or

<meta name="description" content="elog log summary" />

or even using the keywords attribute:

<meta name="keywords" content="elog log summary" />

Thanks!

66561   Fri Oct 16 12:21:45 2009 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chRequestLinux2.7.7Re: Option list length

soren poulsen wrote:

Hi,

However, I am being limited by the list length limit of 100. I have 103 items, but I only see 100.

Soren

You can change that yourself. Just find following line in elogd.c:

#define MAX_N_LIST      100

and change it to 200, then recompile. But you are there on your own, at some point you will get a stack overflow and elogd will crash, but I don't know exactly where this limit is.

Anyhow I would propose that if you have so many options in an attribute, that you better go and group these options somehow. Like using two attributes, where the first defines the group, and the second gets different list for each option of the first attribute using conditional attributes. Have a look here.

66562   Wed Oct 21 19:06:59 2009 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chRequestAll2.7.7Re: feature req.: identify ELOG web pages via META element

Bill Pier wrote:

* Withdrawn *

The HTML layout produced by elogd is horrendous to deal with programmatically; I give up.

Hi,

I'm writing a greasemonkey script to slightly alter the look of the pages served by the ELOG server.  One difficulty that I'm struggling with is how to identify what type of page ELOG has created.  While I have several methods to determine the page type, such as a log entry vs. log entries summary, the solutions are not straight forward and not clean.  As far as I tell, there's no specific identification in HTML document currently that describes and identifies the type of page being served by the ELOG server.

So, I'm requesting that the pages created by ELOG be identified in some fashion with the META element, such as:

<meta name="description" content="elog log entry" />

or

<meta name="description" content="elog log summary" />

or even using the keywords attribute:

<meta name="keywords" content="elog log summary" />

Sorry, I didn't yet have time to implement your request.

Have you considered to download an entry in plain text? Like this entry you can load with

https://midas.psi.ch/elogs/Forum/66555?cmd=Download

which should be much easier to interprete. If you write your entries in ELCode or plain format, it should be even easier. 

66564   Mon Oct 26 10:13:54 2009 Reply soren poulsensoren.poulsen@cern.chRequestLinux2.7.7Re: Option list length

Stefan Ritt wrote:

soren poulsen wrote:

Hi,

Soren

You can change that yourself. Just find following line in elogd.c:

#define MAX_N_LIST      100

and change it to 200, then recompile. But you are there on your own, at some point you will get a stack overflow and elogd will crash, but I don't know exactly where this limit is.

Anyhow I would propose that if you have so many options in an attribute, that you better go and group these options somehow. Like using two attributes, where the first defines the group, and the second gets different list for each option of the first attribute using conditional attributes. Have a look here.

Thanks. This is a good explanation. It might indeed be better to re-group the options to have a shorter list.

Soren

ELOG V3.1.5-fe60aaf