Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 772 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Authordown Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  293   Tue Apr 22 17:13:08 2003 Angy Alexander ZVYAGINAlexander.Zviagine@cern.chBug report  'Reply' removes attachments from the original message
It seems when I use "reply" with an attachments, the original attachments of
the message are removed.

I use elog-2.3.5

Alexander.
  295   Tue Apr 22 17:17:36 2003 Question Alexander ZVYAGINAlexander.Zviagine@cern.chBug report  problem with 20+ attachments
It seems that maximal number of attachments is about 20. When you try to add
more, a new entry _is_ added to the logbook but the refernce to it is not
added to the web page.
  296   Tue Apr 22 17:20:19 2003 Reply Alexander ZVYAGINAlexander.Zviagine@cern.chBug report  Re: 'Reply' removes attachments from the original message
> > It seems when I use "reply" with an attachments, the original attachments of
> > the message are removed.
> > 
> > I use elog-2.3.5
> > 
> > Alexander.
> 
> Please see elog:280 . I will releae 2.3.6 with this bugfix somewhen during 
> this week.
> 
> - Stefan

Wow! Fast reply!!! Thanks a lot!
  298   Tue Apr 22 17:34:52 2003 Reply Alexander ZVYAGINAlexander.Zviagine@cern.chBug report  Re: problem with 20+ attachments
> > It seems that maximal number of attachments is about 20. When you try to add
> > more, a new entry _is_ added to the logbook but the refernce to it is not
> > added to the web page.
> 
> Uhhh, Mr. "monster of number of attachments" gave it's stroke!

:)  I wanted to post a message with ~200 attachments.

>Well, we never 
> had such large number of attachments so I forgot to put a waring in. The 
> limit comes from 
> 
> #define MAX_ATTACHMENTS  20
> 
> in elogd.c which you can easily increase (as long as you have RAM!) and 
> recompile.

Actually my report was NOT about this limitation. You have it - it is fine.
The problem is that I add some 'zombies' or dead files to my logbook.

BTW is there a tool to check the 'integrity' of a logbook? That all
attachments are in place,  there are no dead files, etc. I perfectly
understand that it is not _highly_ desired or needed, but with the two last
problems (auto-removing of attached files and silent adding a new ones with
20+ attachments) I have doubts that our logbook in a good state. And we just
started to use it. And I am still so excited about it!!
  66353   Wed May 6 20:49:24 2009 Question Alexander Withersalexw@bnl.govQuestionLinux2.7.5-2130help with substituting subjects

I am trying to add additional information to the subject of new entries:

Subst subject = $subject [INCIDENT $message id]
Subst on reply subject = Re: $subject
Fixed Attributes Reply = Subject

However, the new entry subject looks like:

this is my subject [INCIDENT this is my subject [INCIDENT $message id]

I'm not sure if there's a problem with the substitution or if this is just not allowed (I'm having LISP flashbacks).

By the way, if I use "Subst on reply subject" I get the behavior I would like but the original entry in the thread doesn't contain the appended data:

Subst on reply subject = Re: $subject [INCIDENT $message id]

Any help would be appreciated.

Alex

67591   Mon Oct 28 11:21:19 2013 Question Alexander Nozikaltavir@gmail.comQuestionLinux2.9.2-2455Attachment file names encoding
Hello,
I am trying to move elog from old FreeBSD system to a new Ubuntu server and stuck with attachment encoding problem. The elog entries as well as attachments ашду тфьуы are mostly in koi8-r or cp1251 encoding. While it is relatively easy to configure log entries to display correctly, I still can't manage to deal with attachments. In old elog all attachments with Cyrillic file names are "not found" by elog web interface while files are present in the directory (though previous admin could have done something with the encoding).

If I am creating a new elog with default koi8-r charset, then new cyrrilic attachments are uploaded and displayed normally but after download the file name encoding is broken. Does elog do something with attachment name encoding?
  67593   Wed Oct 30 10:15:13 2013 Reply Alexander Nozikaltavir@gmail.comQuestionLinux2.9.2-2455Re: Attachment file names encoding
Thank you for reply.

I am not very experienced linux user so it could be a problem with the file system. Let me just describe what I do and what I see as a result.

I created a new elog just for the testing purpose, it has "Charset = koi8-r" line in the config file. Than I post a new entry to this elog with russian text and a file with russian file name from windows (so I expect that charset is cp1251). Now I open this entry. The text is fine and the filename is fine on the page (the same russian text I expect to see), but when I try to download it, the actual file name is broken and to restore it I need koi8-r -> cp1252 transformation. The file itself is readable.
If I look in the actual logbook directory, then in the entry file the file name is readable (entry file encoding is koi8-r), but the attachment file name contains many "?" and not readable by file system.

So first my question is what happened to the file name incoding in a logbook directory, and the second one: what should I do to make attachments download as they were uploaded?

Thank you in advance.
  68434   Wed Sep 28 18:48:04 2016 Cool Alex Kühnelalexander.kuehnel@gmail.comQuestionLinux3.1.2calculate diff of 2 date(s)

hi

I have an elogsystem for documenting emergency services. I have a starttime and an endtime. Is it possible to calculate the diff between the 2 timestamps and convert it to minutes?

Attributes = Bereitschafts Kalender Woche, Bereitschafts Woche, Einsatzbeginn, Einsatzende, Einsatzzeit, Telefon Nummer, Station, Status, Problem 
Options Status= Offen{1}, Erledigt{2}, Geschlossen{3}

Type Einsatzbeginn = datetime
Type Einsatzende = datetime

Subst Einsatzzeit  = $shell(Einsatzende - Einsatzbeginn) 

regards

/alex

ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886