Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 772 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Iconup Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  1149   Tue May 17 21:38:36 2005 Warning Steve Jonessteve.jones@freescale.comBug reportAll2.5.9Logbook locking issue
Stefan, any ideas on this problem?

Quote:
Our eLog is set to create logbook entry locks and after 30minutes prevent one from re-editing an entry, thus forcing a REPLY to be created.

SCENARIO: When an *attempt* is made to edit a logbook after the 30minute timer, one gets the message that EDITING is prevented and to use the browser "Back" button.

PROBLEM: The display now shows that particular entry to be locked, even though the attempt to edit was blocked. It appears that the lock flag is set prior to the "Edit" attempt being blocked and thus the lock flag is never "unset".
  1150   Wed May 18 14:12:02 2005 Warning Heiko Scheith.scheit@mpi-hd.mpg.deBug reportLinux2.5.9reverse sort option does not work for quick filter
The 'reverse sort' option does not work for quick filter searches. In the
URL there is always written 'reverse=0'. For normal 'Find' it works OK.
  1151   Wed May 18 14:18:07 2005 Warning Heiko Scheith.scheit@mpi-hd.mpg.deBug reportLinux2.5.9elog crashes when admin tries to register new users
When pasting the URL for the registration of new users (with 'Self register = 3') elog
crashes with segmentation fault. I don't have the time currently to give you more
debuging information but maybe you can have a look the same. It crashes after
the user is registered. The Email is sent, too.
  1152   Wed May 18 14:20:23 2005 Warning Heiko Scheith.scheit@mpi-hd.mpg.deBug report ?error message from this forum
Just after submitting the last message, the following error message was displayed:

Error sending Email via "mailsend.psi.ch": malformed address: synergie-infcom>
  1154   Fri May 20 14:40:12 2005 Warning Alex Halex@synergie-inf.comRequest 2.5.8-6password encryption
Hi Stefan,

I have found a little problem with elog. I'am using ELOG V2.5.8-6. When I'am on the logon page,
I type my Login and password and hit "submit", in the bottom of IE, we can show my password without encryption, it can be dangerous. I have made a screenshot to explain my problem better.
Could you fix it for the next release ?
Thanks a lot.
Alex
Attachment 1: password.gif
password.gif
  1159   Fri May 27 14:48:05 2005 Warning Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chRequest 2.5.8-6Re: password encryption

Alex H wrote:
Hi Stefan,

I have found a little problem with elog. I'am using ELOG V2.5.8-6. When I'am on the logon page,
I type my Login and password and hit "submit", in the bottom of IE, we can show my password without encryption, it can be dangerous. I have made a screenshot to explain my problem better.
Could you fix it for the next release ?
Thanks a lot.
Alex

Unfortunately there is no real way around that. If a password is entered into a text box, it is always transferred in plain text (which means that in security-sensive installations one should always use SSL together with elog). I encrypt it on the server side and do an immediate redirect which "hided" the plain password, but if your connection is slow, you might see it for a moment. Unless nobody has a clever idea of how to prevent this, we're out of luck.
  1165   Wed Jun 1 16:14:22 2005 Warning Steve Jonessteve.jones@freescale.comBug reportAll2.5.9Re: Logbook locking issue

Steve Jones wrote:

Quote:
Our eLog is set to create logbook entry locks and after 30minutes prevent one from re-editing an entry, thus forcing a REPLY to be created.

SCENARIO: When an *attempt* is made to edit a logbook after the 30minute timer, one gets the message that EDITING is prevented and to use the browser "Back" button.

PROBLEM: The display now shows that particular entry to be locked, even though the attempt to edit was blocked. It appears that the lock flag is set prior to the "Edit" attempt being blocked and thus the lock flag is never "unset".

Hmmm, I don't seem to be seeing any responses - is email being generated?
  1166   Wed Jun 1 16:33:54 2005 Warning Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportAll2.5.9Re: Logbook locking issue
Sorry about my unusual slow response, but I'm pretty busy these days. I hope I will be able to address this problem in a two weeks from now.

Steve Jones wrote:

Quote:

ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886