Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 773 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Iconup Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  1174   Sat Jun 4 12:25:57 2005 Warning Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportLinux2.5.9Re: elog crashes when admin tries to register new users

Heiko Scheit wrote:
When pasting the URL for the registration of new users (with 'Self register = 3') elog
crashes with segmentation fault. I don't have the time currently to give you more
debuging information but maybe you can have a look the same. It crashes after
the user is registered. The Email is sent, too.

I cannot reproduce this problem either. The only difference I see is that I use thunderbird as my email client, where I don't have to copy/paste the activation URL into my browser, but just click on it. If maybe the copy/paste operation adds an additional CR/LF or so, that could be a problem. Can you check again? A stack trace of the crashed elogd would help as well.
  1178   Mon Jun 6 12:25:53 2005 Warning Emiliano GabrielliAlberT@SuperAlberT.itBug reportLinux2.6.0-betashell exec not working
It seems that, since Fri 2005-06-03, 12:50 almost, the shell exec feature is not invoked anymore.
the -x flag is present in the command line and the elog.cfg Parameters are present both for edit and for insert..
I'm not disabling shell exec by the checkbox

the dummy-level log in syslog does not show *anything* about shell exec.
  1179   Mon Jun 6 12:28:21 2005 Warning Emiliano GabrielliAlberT@SuperAlberT.itBug reportAll2.6.0-betaelog & firefox pipelining
Having the Firefox pipelining feature enabled makes elog unable to correctly show avery attachment in the full view when a quite large number of them is present..
disabling pipelining makes all works fine again
  1180   Mon Jun 6 12:43:48 2005 Warning Emiliano GabrielliAlberT@SuperAlberT.itBug reportLinux2.6.0-betaRe: shell exec not working

Emiliano Gabrielli wrote:
It seems that, since Fri 2005-06-03, 12:50 almost, the shell exec feature is not invoked anymore.
the -x flag is present in the command line and the elog.cfg Parameters are present both for edit and for insert..
I'm not disabling shell exec by the checkbox

the dummy-level log in syslog does not show *anything* about shell exec.

oh my @#[#@ .. sorry stefan, my bad ... for some reason the make_thumbs script was not +x ..

Is it possible to check the executability of the script in elog and eventually tell about this in syslog ? Tongue
  1181   Mon Jun 6 15:17:50 2005 Warning Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chBug reportAll2.6.0-betaRe: elog & firefox pipelining

Emiliano Gabrielli wrote:
Having the Firefox pipelining feature enabled makes elog unable to correctly show avery attachment in the full view when a quite large number of them is present..
disabling pipelining makes all works fine again

As is said:

Pipelining is an experimental feature, designed to improve page-load performance, that is unfortunately not well supported by some web servers and proxies.

So what do you expect Tongue

I have not checked in detail, but it seems that the browser fires off several requests in parallel, one for each image. This can only be handled by a multi-threaded server, which elog is not (yet). What is more an issue for elog in relation to multi-threading is that one long request blocks all other users. So if I do a synchronize for example from home, the server can be nonresponsive for a minute or two. I have some plans for making it multi-threaded, but as you can imagine this is not so simple to do in a portable way.
  1189   Thu Jun 9 15:20:04 2005 Warning Heiko Scheith.scheit@mpi-hd.mpg.deBug reportLinux2.5.9Re: elog crashes when admin tries to register new users

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Heiko Scheit wrote:
When pasting the URL for the registration of new users (with 'Self register = 3') elog
crashes with segmentation fault. I don't have the time currently to give you more
debuging information but maybe you can have a look the same. It crashes after
the user is registered. The Email is sent, too.

I cannot reproduce this problem either. The only difference I see is that I use thunderbird as my email client, where I don't have to copy/paste the activation URL into my browser, but just click on it. If maybe the copy/paste operation adds an additional CR/LF or so, that could be a problem. Can you check again? A stack trace of the crashed elogd would help as well.

The following appended after the base (!) URL results in a segmentation fault
?cmd=Activate&new_user_name=test1&new_full_name=Test1

It works fine, if a specific logbook is given. So
http://my.ho.st/?cmd=Activate&new_user_name=test1&new_full_name=Test1
is not OK, while
http://my.ho.st/myLogBook/?cmd=Activate&new_user_name=test1&new_full_name=Test1
is OK.
  1208   Wed Jun 22 11:04:41 2005 Warning Emiliano GabrielliAlberT@SuperAlberT.itBug reportAll2.6.0beta2[BUG] show only new entries
the new link "show only new entries" is very useful but seems to still have some problems:

• I can't find any simple way to return to the "every entries" display .. may be the link has to be switched to a checkbox to be actived or not
  • I found a way (at least)... following the "config" link, doing nothing and coming back restores the view .. this is a feature now, but when a less tricky mechanism will be implemented will become a bug Tongue

another entry for my wishlist:
writeing the above code I noticed that the elcode buttons are lacking of a "
  • " shortcut .. it will be very usefull Smile

PS:
    Writeing the wish above I noticed that the [ *] is interpreted as an item also otside the LIST tag .. so .. or the LIST tag is optional, or the [ *] should not be interpreted outside of it ... it's another bug ? TongueP
  •   1210   Thu Jun 23 11:03:18 2005 Warning Emiliano GabrielliAlberT@SuperAlberT.it Linux2.6.0beta2[BUG] quick filter
    it seems that the select box of quick filters are showing also the "{n}" appended to the Attributes in order to obtain conditional Attributes ...

see the snapshot attached
    Attachment 1: elog-calendar-test_1.jpg
    elog-calendar-test_1.jpg
    ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886