Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 790 of 801  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Author Author Email Category OS ELOG Versiondown Subject
  65827   Sat Apr 12 16:37:44 2008 Idea Arno TeunisseA.teeling3@chello.nlInfoWindows Manual installing elog as service on Windows

Hello

Sometimes it can come in handy to start a temporary elog service on the Windows platform. ( Maybe for testing purposes )

You can use the SC.exe utility to do that. If it is not on you're system you may download it from : ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/reskit/win2000/sc.zip

For this you can use the following procedure ( from the dos prompt ) :

sc.exe create AIX-elog binPath= "\"c:\ELOG2.7.3\elogd.exe\" -D -c c:\ELOG2.7.3\security.cfg" DisPlayname= "AIX Elog Security" start= auto

If all went well the system answers :

[SC] CreateService SUCCESS

Please notice the strange way the double quotes are used and the space after the = in the above command.

Now open the windows services ( from the prompt ) : services.msc

In the window that opens you will see the just created service with the DisPlayname you gave in the above command.

You see it is not started. You could click start, but there is an other way.

Now you can start the service from the prompt using the DisPlayname :

net start "AIX elog security"

Press F5 ( refresh ) in the services window and you will see that the service is started.

Or stop the service :

net stop "AIX elog security"

To remove the service ( from the registry ) :

sc.exe delete AIX-elog

The system gives back :

[SC] DeleteService SUCCESS

The other option is to start elogd.exe from the prompt :

elogd.exe -c 

This is all for now

65828   Sat Apr 12 22:04:58 2008 Reply Grant Jeffcotegrant@jeffcote.orgRequestAll Re: attachment indicator in summary view

Hi Stefan,

When using  2.7.3-2095 I can't seem to get the paperclip/s to show,  just an additional field in the summary view (named Attachments) with the attachment file names below? Am I missing something?

Thanks

Dennis Seitz wrote

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Dennis Seitz wrote:

It would be nice to have the option of including an attachment indicator column in summary view to show if an entry has any attachments.

Nice idea. I implemented that feature, as can be seen at the contributions logbook for example. It will be contained in the next release.

Thanks!

65829   Sun Apr 13 16:04:09 2008 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chRequestAll Re: attachment indicator in summary view

Grant Jeffcote wrote:

When using  2.7.3-2095 I can't seem to get the paperclip/s to show,  just an additional field in the summary view (named Attachments) with the attachment file names below? Am I missing something?

Yes, you miss the paperlclip icon. Get it from here and copy it under elog/themes/default/attachment.png.

65830   Mon Apr 14 08:46:41 2008 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestionWindows Re: Sticky entries?

Peter Freeman wrote:

EDIT: Just downloaded the latest version and now it works. My old one was 2058, BUT, how can I change multiple styles, e.g. background and font color at the same time? Komma does not seem to work and two style lines also not.

You can separate them with a semicolon. Just like:

Style Category Info = background-color:lightblue;font-weight:bold

Note that you cannot change the font color, since it is a link, and that is defined in the default.css file under

/* standard link colors and decorations */
a:link { color:#0000FF; text-decoration:none }
a:visited { color:#800080; text-decoration:none }
a:hover { color:#0000FF; text-decoration:underline }
a:active { color:#0000FF; text-decoration:underline }
a:focus { color:#0000FF; text-decoration:underline }

65832   Thu Apr 17 05:28:56 2008 Warning Samrititmgr@samuiburi.comQuestion  Help me please I can't uplode Attach file

Dear All
I can't uplode Attach file. It have Error

Error: Filename "D:\aaa.doc" contains invalid character
Please use your browser's back button to go back

Thank you very much

Joe..

65833   Thu Apr 17 08:27:27 2008 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestion  Re: Help me please I can't uplode Attach file

Samrit wrote:

Dear All
I can't uplode Attach file. It have Error

Error: Filename "D:\aaa.doc" contains invalid character
Please use your browser's back button to go back

Thank you very much

Joe..

The problematic part is the "\" in the filename, which is not correctly recognized as a directory. I will fix this in the next release. For now, just click on the Browse button, navigate to d:\, and then select there the file aaa.doc.

65844   Mon Apr 21 16:14:53 2008 Reply svrmartysvrmarty@gmx.netQuestion  Re: how to set locale for date/time

Stefan Ritt wrote:

svrmarty wrote:

it seems out systemlang is en_US,

#date
Thu Mar 27 14:11:59 CET 2008

and i want to change the local lang only for the elogd.

i tried it with .bash_profile in the elog homedir with

LANG=de_AT
export LANG

but it doesn't work.

how can i change it to get  ?

#date
Don Mär 27 14:09:14 CET 2008

You do not have to change the environment variable, this is all handled inside elogd. I fixed teh above error in SVN revision 2098. Can you try it?

is there any new option i can use/configure ?

i still get the english datetime

Eingabezeit: Thu Mar 27 09:27:41 2008

65845   Tue Apr 22 09:30:24 2008 Reply Stefan Rittstefan.ritt@psi.chQuestion  Re: how to set locale for date/time

svrmarty wrote:

Stefan Ritt wrote:

svrmarty wrote:

it seems out systemlang is en_US,

#date
Thu Mar 27 14:11:59 CET 2008

and i want to change the local lang only for the elogd.

i tried it with .bash_profile in the elog homedir with

LANG=de_AT
export LANG

but it doesn't work.

how can i change it to get  ?

#date
Don Mär 27 14:09:14 CET 2008

You do not have to change the environment variable, this is all handled inside elogd. I fixed teh above error in SVN revision 2098. Can you try it?

is there any new option i can use/configure ?

i still get the english datetime

Eingabezeit: Thu Mar 27 09:27:41 2008

As I told you, you have to upgrade to SVN revision 2098 or later.

ELOG V3.1.5-3fb85fa6