Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 790 of 796  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Authorup Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  68313   Fri Apr 29 13:36:49 2016 Reply steve braysteve.bray@vca.gov.ukQuestionWindows2.7.8Re: How to delete a logbook?

Stefan,

Thank you that is exactly what I needed to know.

Steve

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Deleting a logbook in the config page (via "Delete this logbook") only removes the logbook defiition from the config file. To really erase all information you have to go to the file system and delete the whole directory belonging to that logbook. You have one subdirectory per year, containing all logobok entries and also attachments, so make sure you do a recursiver directory removal.

Stefan

steve bray wrote:

Hello,

What is the procedure to delete a logbook (incl. attachments)?

Steve

65786   Thu Mar 20 23:46:42 2008 Reply svrmartysvrmarty@gmx.netQuestionLinux2.7.3Re: German language

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Salvatore wrote:

Wen es interessiert:

der Eintrag "eloglang = german" gehoert in das Verzeichnis "usr/lib/elog/resources". Dort wird er von elogd ausgelesen.

Wie bitte ist der dorhin gekommen? Normalerweise wird elogd.cfg unter /usr/local/elog gespeichert. Wenn man natuerlich diese Datei von Hand irgendwo andershin kopiert, muss man sie auch dort veraendern, sonst schiesst man sich selbst in's Bein.

Wie und wo funktioniert das mit dem debian package ?

hier gibt es nur /etc/elog.conf, egal in welchem teil ich es reinschreibe, groß, klein,

ich habe leider noch immer alles in englisch

65788   Tue Mar 25 14:00:53 2008 Question svrmartysvrmarty@gmx.netQuestionLinux 2.6.3+r17change language

i've installed the debian package on my system

there's only one config file, /etc/elog.conf

i've tried to change the language, in [global] with Language = german,

then restarting the daemon,  but it doesn't work.

please help me, where can i change the default(all) language and which settings should i do.

thx a lot

65795   Thu Mar 27 09:23:25 2008 Reply svrmartysvrmarty@gmx.netQuestionLinux 2.6.3+r17Re: change language

Stefan Ritt wrote:

svrmarty wrote:

please help me, where can i change the default(all) language and which settings should i do.

I'm not maintainer of the Debian package, you should direct your question to Recai <roktas@omu.edu.tr> (in principle he should read this forum). If you start elogd manually with the strace command like:

strace -r -o tmp.log -e trace=open /usr/local/elog/elogd

and check in tmp.log from where elogd opens its elogd.cfg. Then change the appropriate elogd.cfg (NOT elog.conf). After you change it, you have to restart elogd.

in the trace is only one config file

0.000103 open("/etc/elog.conf", O_RDONLY) = 3
     0.000047 open("/etc/elog.conf", O_RDONLY) = 3

65796   Thu Mar 27 09:30:03 2008 Reply svrmartysvrmarty@gmx.netQuestionLinux 2.6.3+r17Re: change language

svrmarty wrote:

Stefan Ritt wrote:

svrmarty wrote:

I'm not maintainer of the Debian package, you should direct your question to Recai <roktas@omu.edu.tr> (in principle he should read this forum). If you start elogd manually with the strace command like:

strace -r -o tmp.log -e trace=open /usr/local/elog/elogd

and check in tmp.log from where elogd opens its elogd.cfg. Then change the appropriate elogd.cfg (NOT elog.conf). After you change it, you have to restart elogd.

in the trace is only one config file

0.000103 open("/etc/elog.conf", O_RDONLY) = 3
     0.000047 open("/etc/elog.conf", O_RDONLY) = 3

there's a bug in the debian package

0.000033 open("resources/eloglang.german", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)
     0.000264 open("/usr/share/elog/resources/eloglang.german", O_RDONLY) = -1 ENOENT (No such file or directory)

it's searching for the files in the wrong directory.

i've solved it with

#/usr/share/elog$ ln -s . resources

65797   Thu Mar 27 14:15:12 2008 Question svrmartysvrmarty@gmx.netQuestion  how to set locale for date/time

it seems out systemlang is en_US,

#date
Thu Mar 27 14:11:59 CET 2008

and i want to change the local lang only for the elogd.

i tried it with .bash_profile in the elog homedir with

LANG=de_AT
export LANG

but it doesn't work.

how can i change it to get  ?

#date
Don Mär 27 14:09:14 CET 2008

thx

65815   Sun Apr 6 21:13:27 2008 Reply svrmartysvrmarty@gmx.netQuestion  Re: how to set locale for date/time

Stefan Ritt wrote:

svrmarty wrote:

#date

LANG=de_AT
export LANG

but it doesn't work.

#date

I investigated this and found that elogd itself does not use the locale properly, so I have to change the code. I will let you know when I fixed this problem.

thx

65844   Mon Apr 21 16:14:53 2008 Reply svrmartysvrmarty@gmx.netQuestion  Re: how to set locale for date/time

Stefan Ritt wrote:

svrmarty wrote:

#date

LANG=de_AT
export LANG

but it doesn't work.

#date

You do not have to change the environment variable, this is all handled inside elogd. I fixed teh above error in SVN revision 2098. Can you try it?

is there any new option i can use/configure ?

i still get the english datetime

Eingabezeit: Thu Mar 27 09:27:41 2008

ELOG V3.1.5-2eba886