Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 791 of 795  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Authorup Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  66003   Fri Oct 17 16:59:42 2008 Question thorsten kampst.kamps@gmx.netQuestionWindows Possible to submit entries by email to logbook

Hi, thanks to everyone involved for giving us the elog.

A question:

Is it possible to submit entries to an elog on a remote machine by email?

Thanks, Thorsten

66004   Fri Oct 17 17:03:02 2008 Question thorsten kampst.kamps@gmx.netQuestionWindows Easy way to submit images from screenshots as new entry

Hi, thanks for everyone involved for giving us the elog.

A question:

Is there an easy way (without intermediate save) to send screenshots (with irfan, snagit or hardcopy) as a new entry to an elog running on a remote machine?

Thanks, thorsten

67564   Thu Sep 12 18:01:34 2013 Question toddtodd.holsten@noaa.govQuestionLinux2.9.2-1posting future logbook entries

Is there a way to post a logbook entry to a future dated logbook file?  I've searched through the user manual for forward dating but can't seem to find anything.  As an example at my office, a user wants to add a personal entry stating they will be absent from work on October 5th and I would like that entry information written to the 131005a.log file instead of the current days log.

66719   Sat Feb 20 14:57:27 2010 Entry tomtnielsen91@gmail.comQuestionLinuxlatestLog Thread Close Automatically

If you have a logbook and you create a new entry, is it possible to put a time limit on that new entry so that edits/replies are only valid for certain amount of time.  I am looking for a way that would allow me to have a user start a new message, but after 8 hours, that message becomes locked and no one can edit or add to the message.  This is for some shift work and we do not want users to go back after their shift and edit the messages.  

66720   Sat Feb 20 18:29:31 2010 Question tomtnielsen91@gmail.comQuestionLinuxlatestPreset text =

I am looking for the correct syntax for Preset Text =

I have an html file I want set in the editor so that my users can just enter in the data below the predetermined heading.  What is the correct syntax/file location.  

Thanks!

98   Fri Aug 9 21:10:20 2002 Question tony summerfeltsnowzone25@yahoo.comQuestion  self-registration
i seem to be unable to find a clear explanation of how to enable self-registration in the docs.

just to be sure i grepped the doc directory, but the two references to it were in the changelog and the faq.

it could be just me but i'm not reading between the lines or connecting the various places in the docs to get it going :/
  100   Sun Aug 11 18:45:08 2002 Reply tony summerfeltsnowzone25@yahoo.comComment  Re: self-registration
> Sorry, I haven't fully documented it yet, will do on Monday next week. For 
> now, see the configuration file for this forum which is attached.

that's ok. i just wanted to make sure that i hadn't missed something. i'm eventually switching over my entire dial up bbs, to my web page, with elog being the message system. self-registration was the last piece of the puzzle for me :)
  106   Wed Aug 14 19:45:56 2002 Idea tony summerfeltsnowzone25@yahoo.comInfo  Re: elogd.cfg for this demo site
> Just since some people asked for: Here is the elogd.cfg for this demo 

quite a few things i wanted to do were in that config :)

the only feature i can think of now is a link on the subject in threaded display mode. 

i really crank up the resolution on my monitor, so i tend to miss clicking on the icon (or message number...
ELOG V3.1.5-fe60aaf