Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 791 of 801  Not logged in ELOG logo
    icon2.gif   ... subject erased ..., posted by Stefan Ritt on Thu Apr 16 11:03:03 2020 
I found two potential memory leaks which I fixed in the git version, so you can try again.

Another possibility, which is actually preferred, is to limit the size of the subject filed to a reasonable number. You can do that with following option
    icon2.gif   ... subject erased ..., posted by Stefano Lacaprara on Thu Apr 16 11:12:32 2020 
> I found two potential memory leaks which I fixed in the git version, so you can try again.

Just tested, and it works! Many thanks for very quick patch!
icon4.gif   -W -Wall options (using gcc), posted by Heiko Scheit on Fri Feb 13 12:25:15 2004 

Maybe consider using the options -W -Wall when compiling elogd.
There are several warning messages.
icon4.gif   *.cxx files missing in elog-3.1.5-1.tar.gz, posted by Frank Heyroth on Tue Jan 31 17:40:22 2023 
I downloaded the last elog-3.1.5-1.tar.gz to install elog.

All *.cxx files are missing.
icon1.gif   (my) Firefox breaks Elog with this config file, posted by Michael Husbyn on Wed Jun 24 13:23:49 2009 elogd.cfg
Hi,

Did a fresh install on a Windows 2003 server (and tried it on my personal computer)

After startup I can click on Norway/nor, and then the server
just stops responding. I see in the log nothing, the last line: Received unknown cooke "style"
Then it stops responding and after a few seconds I see
the dos window returns to commandline prompt.

Probably a very bad config file.

On Windows XP it informs we of Dr Watson, memory could not be read
icon5.gif   (How) can I hide columns in List view?, posted by T. Ribbrock on Mon Oct 20 15:32:19 2008 
Originally, all information about our machines was stored in a spreadsheet with one sheet for the hardware of the machines and one for the software.
By now, I've sucessfully moved the software part to an elog logbook and am now looking at transferring the hardware part as well.
As both lists are machine-name based, one of the options would be to merge both lists, as this would place all machine-related info into one logbook.
icon8.gif   'Reply' removes attachments from the original message, posted by Alexander ZVYAGIN on Tue Apr 22 17:13:08 2003 
It seems when I use "reply" with an attachments, the original attachments of
the message are removed.
icon3.gif   'Inline' button for attachments, posted by Ben Shepherd on Tue Oct 10 15:32:21 2006 
Hi,

It would be good if when you uploaded an image as an attachment, there was a button next to it that pasted the code [code][img]elog:1972/1[/img][/code]
ELOG V3.1.5-3fb85fa6