Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 792 of 801  Not logged in ELOG logo
ID Date Icon Authordown Author Email Category OS ELOG Version Subject
  68961   Fri May 3 16:02:33 2019 Reply Alan Grantagrant@winnipeg.caQuestionWindows3.1.2Re: Last default = <n>

Ok thanks for taking the time to try it out. I definitely still show "All entries" in any case, so I will continue to try to resolve on my end and if I find the cause or solution I will share back on the forum.

First though, I noticed you ran 3.1.4 whereas I'm still on 3.1.2. I'm also on Windows Server 2016 and IE 11. Do you think any of that might make the difference?

Stefan Ritt wrote:

I just tried your elogd.cfg, and it works fine for me. So no idea what is wrong in your case.

Stefan

68963   Fri May 3 16:29:00 2019 Reply Alan Grantagrant@winnipeg.caQuestionWindows3.1.2Re: Last default = <n>

Thanks again.

I noticed in the Change Log for 3.1.4 that there's a reference to something done with "Last default" in Sept 2018 so I think I will try to set up a Linux instance and try out 3.1.4. Regards.

Version 3.1.4, released September 26th, 2018
============================================

- Replaced sprintf by snprintf
- Changed midas.psi.ch to elog.psi.ch
- Fixed bug for redirect under two daisy-chained proxies
- Removed while(in_asend) which caused some browsers to block
- Implemented elogd.service for systemd daemon
- Implemented "max email attachment size"
- Limit max request size to 100 MB
- Allow ampersand in user names
- Added code to detect Unicode characters as HTML
- add "Email CSS URL" : use public copy of CSS for emails
- bugfix: replace hard-coded reference of "New" to loc("New")
- add "Subscription columns" : format list of logbooks for subscriptions in columns
- Added "interface" option
- Fixed crash on negative Content-Length in header
- Fixed "?npp=0" crash
- Added confirmation dialog before deleting an attachment
- Implemented "last default" to restrict quick filter display by default on the last n days
- Made header parsing case insensitive
- Switched to TLSv1_

Stefan Ritt wrote:

Yes I always run the current version from bitbucket. I haven't touched that code for "last default" since a long time, so I don't expect the verison to make a difference. Unfortuantely I have not Windows Server or IE for testing.

Alan Grant wrote:

Ok thanks for taking the time to try it out. I definitely still show "All entries" in any case, so I will continue to try to resolve on my end and if I find the cause or solution I will share back on the forum.

First though, I noticed you ran 3.1.4 whereas I'm still on 3.1.2. I'm also on Windows Server 2016 and IE 11. Do you think any of that might make the difference?

Stefan Ritt wrote:

I just tried your elogd.cfg, and it works fine for me. So no idea what is wrong in your case.

Stefan

68967   Fri May 10 04:34:36 2019 Question Alan Grantagrant@winnipeg.caQuestionWindows3.1.2Execute attribute

Apart from an inline shell command that can be run with the Execute attribute, is it possible to run an external script file? I would like to run a Powershell script with the Elog attribute data parameters passed to it upon Submit New entry.

68969   Fri May 10 15:01:52 2019 Reply Alan Grantagrant@winnipeg.caQuestionWindows3.1.2Re: Execute attribute

I think it was just a matter of my specific interepretation of the documentation, ie: using native OS shell commands vs any script language file containing shell commands or any app for that matter. Nevertheless I think you've answered my questiuon so it's all good. Thanks Stefan.

Stefan Ritt wrote:

I don't understand your question. There is no "inline" vs. "external" script. Using the "execute new = <command>", you run a script on the server side. Can be powershell under Windows or bash/csh under Linux. I remember however that there has been issues under recent windows in passing parameters to the shell. Linux certainly works fine, we usse it all the time.

Alan Grant wrote:

Apart from an inline shell command that can be run with the Execute attribute, is it possible to run an external script file? I would like to run a Powershell script with the Elog attribute data parameters passed to it upon Submit New entry.

68970   Tue May 14 06:07:07 2019 Question Alan Grantagrant@winnipeg.caQuestionWindows3.1.2Shell execute

I have the line in my elog config to run a Powershell script when submitting a New entry. I just send an email as a test:

Execute New = "Powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy Bypass D:\SendEmail.ps1"

Fyi, the Powershell statement itself (Send-MailMessage -From 'MeterElog@winnipeg.ca' -To 'alangrant@mts.net' -Subject 'New meter entry' -Body 'TEST' -Priority High -DeliveryNotificationOption OnSuccess, OnFailure -SmtpServer 'citygw') works fine and the email is received when running it from the Powershell ISE app directly from the same elog vm server but not from within Elog with the above statement.

I'd like to first confirm that the syntax of the line Execute New = is correct, ie, double quoting the entire command. Can anyone please confirm.

69286   Fri Jan 8 05:48:45 2021 Question Alan Grantagrant@winnipeg.caQuestionWindows3.1.2Parsing log files

Sometimes we change the attributes in a config file for a given tab as time goes on, which naturally can get out of sync with the older data in that tab.

I can imagine some other Elog users have encounterd this too at some point so I'm wondering if there's a utilty or some way anyone knows of that I can use to parse a log file DIRECTLY to view the older data, without using the Elog GUI?

69289   Fri Jan 8 15:28:06 2021 Reply Alan Grantagrant@winnipeg.caQuestionLinux | Windows3.1.2Re: Parsing log files

John wrote:

Hi Al; if I understand your situation correctly you want to access Elog db (logbooks) via another way. There are many ways depending on your knowledge, type of work needed, and ease of use. I have found that accessing whatever I need via Elog gui is satisfactory in many situations-- by simply exporting. THEN take the raw csv/xml  file and manipulte it more easily from there. There are MANY free web sites that will take your data then, and put it in still another format that you choose (usually manipulating the rows/columns to your liking or doing mail-merge type work on your data). BTW WPS (Windows Office clone) is awesome at further 'mail-merg'  techniques. THEN at that point you may have close to what you are trying to accomplish. I've also used PHP alot in this type of situation and have replicated Elog's data format for it's db (logbooks)..; so PHP is great in this maner, although of course it takes time to 'get-it-right' if you are not well versed in it. If you go into detail more of what type of format you want as the finalized product, maybe  more suggestions will be made.

Happy belated New Years everyone,

John

Alan Grant wrote:

Sometimes we change the attributes in a config file for a given tab as time goes on, which naturally can get out of sync with the older data in that tab.

I can imagine some other Elog users have encounterd this too at some point so I'm wondering if there's a utilty or some way anyone knows of that I can use to parse a log file DIRECTLY to view the older data, without using the Elog GUI?

Hi John. The problem with using the Find-->Export method is that some of the Attributes for the older data are no longer shown on that screen because the Config file has since changed. That's why I'm contemplating somehow parsing the log files directly instead.

69386   Wed Jul 21 16:16:29 2021 Question Alan Grantagrant@winnipeg.caQuestionWindows3.1.4Logging Main page entries, each with multiple ongoing events

Is there any way to log child events on the detail pages for a fixed number of entries on the main page? For example, I have 15 vehicles to enter on the main page, ID'd by Vehicle Number. Within each of those entries I will be logging ongoing repair service entries with certain attributes.

So how might I design this concept without having repeating vehicle entries on the main page for every service event, and preferably without splitting the information between two linked logbook tabs?

ELOG V3.1.5-3fb85fa6