Demo Discussion
Forum Config Examples Contributions Vulnerabilities
  Discussion forum about ELOG, Page 792 of 801  Not logged in ELOG logo
    icon2.gif   Re: Last default = <n>, posted by Alan Grant on Fri May 3 16:02:33 2019 
Ok thanks for taking the time to try it out. I definitely still show "All entries" in any case, so I will continue to try to resolve on
my end and if I find the cause or solution I will share back on the forum.

First though, I noticed you ran 3.1.4 whereas I'm still on 3.1.2. I'm also on Windows Server 2016 and IE 11. Do you think any
    icon2.gif   Re: Last default = <n>, posted by Alan Grant on Fri May 3 16:29:00 2019 
Thanks again.

I noticed in the Change Log for 3.1.4 that there's a reference to something done with "Last default" in Sept 2018 so I think
I will try to set up a Linux instance and try out 3.1.4. Regards.
icon5.gif   Execute attribute, posted by Alan Grant on Fri May 10 04:34:36 2019 
Apart from an inline shell command that can be run with the Execute attribute, is it possible to run an external script file? I would like to run a Powershell
script with the Elog attribute data parameters passed to it upon Submit New entry.
    icon2.gif   Re: Execute attribute, posted by Alan Grant on Fri May 10 15:01:52 2019 
I think it was just a matter of my specific interepretation of the documentation, ie: using native OS shell commands vs any script language file
containing shell commands or any app for that matter. Nevertheless I think you've answered my questiuon so it's all good. Thanks Stefan.

icon5.gif   Shell execute, posted by Alan Grant on Tue May 14 06:07:07 2019 
I have the line in my elog config to run a Powershell script when submitting a New entry. I just send an email as a test:

Execute New = "Powershell.exe -ExecutionPolicy Bypass D:\SendEmail.ps1"

Fyi, the Powershell statement itself (Send-MailMessage -From 'MeterElog@winnipeg.ca'
icon5.gif   Parsing log files, posted by Alan Grant on Fri Jan 8 05:48:45 2021 
Sometimes we change the attributes in a config file for a given tab as time goes on, which naturally can get out of sync with the older data in
that tab.

I can imagine some other Elog users have encounterd this too at some point so I'm wondering if there's a utilty or some way
    icon2.gif   Re: Parsing log files, posted by Alan Grant on Fri Jan 8 15:28:06 2021 

John
wrote:

Hi Al; if I understand your situation correctly you want to access Elog db
icon5.gif   Logging Main page entries, each with multiple ongoing events , posted by Alan Grant on Wed Jul 21 16:16:29 2021 
Is there any way to log child events on the detail pages for a fixed number of entries on the main page? For example, I have 15 vehicles to enter on
the main page, ID'd by Vehicle Number. Within each of those entries I will be logging ongoing repair service entries with certain attributes.

So how might I design this concept without having repeating vehicle entries on the main page for every service event, and preferably without
ELOG V3.1.5-3fb85fa6